*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2242791-Undercover-Love
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Mystery · #2242791
Agent DiMaggio, resurfaces and wants to claim the girlfriend he left behind.
“Oh, look, the person is getting out of the car.”
It was a man. He wore all black. A pair of black jeans, a sweater, jacket, and shades. The man stepped with ease as he sauntered toward their house.
“Maybe he’s lost and needs directions,” Ryan pronounced as his eyes followed the man, marching across their grass instead of their driveway.
Savannah came outside with Gabriella trailing behind her as she carried her backpack. Savannah stared at the guy, and her breath caught in her throat. She became dizzy when the stranger strolled toward them. An eerie feeling hit her again. She eyed her husband and then glanced at the man who walked with a bad-ass swag. When the visitor paused his steps, he took off his dark shades, and then Savannah knew. DiMaggio Giordano! It was him after all of these years.
Ryan was the first person to speak. “Can we help you?”
DiMaggio looked over Savannah and held a hidden smile behind his eyes. He traveled too far not to see her. Staring at her brought back so many memories. She was still as fine as wine. He extended his hand and shook Ryan’s hand and spoke, “Hi, I’m a friend of Savannah, and I thought---”
Ryan raised his hand as he faced his wife and mother. “Mother, we’re going to give them some privacy.” He eyed his wife. “I’ll be in the house if you need me,” he said, placing a kiss on her lips.
Savannah nodded her head. Her body was there, but her mind was somewhere else.
“Savannah, I had to see you. You can’t imagine how I feel right now,” DiMaggio expressed as he stepped closer, gazing over her shoulder to stare at Ryan in the face.
“I’m sorry, but you have to leave.” She found her voice as her eyes roamed over his body. He changed over the years. He’d put on weight, and his hair was jet black like he’d dyed it. His facial hair scruffy and his skin darker than she remembered. His Italian heritage was more prominent now. Times had changed, and so did she. She was no longer the frightened, naive, or heartbroken woman.
© Copyright 2021 S.Cassadera (scassadera at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2242791-Undercover-Love