*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2263333-Smitten-by-a-Cowboy
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Romance/Love · #2263333
Kyla, a nursing assistant, meets a real cowboy. Will Kyla give Caiden a chance or not?
When Kyla arrived at Ms. Roger's home, she noticed a black Silverado in the driveway. She knew it had to be the grandson from Texas. She came dressed in pink scrub bottoms and a striped black and pink scrub top, ready to work. She rang the doorbell, and Ms. Rogers let her in. They cordially greeted each other before she began fixing breakfast in the classic, country style kitchen. The open shelving and glass face cabinetry allowed things to be easily seen. She learned early on that Ms. Rogers loved oatmeal. She could eat it every day.
A real cowboy… Yeah right, Kyla thought as she moved around the kitchen fixing oatmeal, bacon, eggs, and toast.
“Everything is finished, Ms. Rogers,” Kyla stated as Ms. Rogers sat at her limestone countertop table.
“Thank you, Kyla. Can you tell my grandson breakfast is ready?” Ms. Rogers smiled heavily.
“Yes, ma’am,” was all Kyla said before she left to retrieve the grandson. “Oh my, why does Ms. Rogers want me to get her grandson?” she mumbled as her feet shuffled against the wood floors.
She raised her fist and knocked on two doors with no answer. As she moved to beat against the third door, it swung open to a towering and tanned man. His body appeared toned with sculpted muscles. The green-eyed man wore a frown on his face. Kyla had to blink her eyes several times before gaining her confidence.
“Um, breakfast is ready, Mr. Caiden.” She quickly left.
As Kyla finished fixing her client a plate, the shuffling of feet dragging across the hardwood floors caused her to shift her gaze away from Ms. Roger's and land on Caiden’s rugged look. His spiky hair was disheveled. His jeans hung low on his hips with a fitted shirt stretched crossed his chest.
“Good morning, Grandson. This is Kyla in the flesh,” Ms. Rogers announced. Caiden made his way toward his granny and planted a kiss upon her left cheek. “Let Kyla fix you a plate.”
“Thanks, Granny, but, Kyla…,” Caiden hissed as he glanced in her direction. “I’ll fix my own plate in Granny’s house if you don’t mind,” he stated in a haughty tone.
Arrogant ass! Kyla watched him saunter in her direction. Somehow or another, he slightly bumped into her while reaching for a plate. Kyla’s gaze shifted to the spot where he grazed her arm. Heat instantly flashed across her cheeks. Her feet were frozen until he twisted his body away from her. Grabbing Ms. Rogers’ plate and hers, she sat across the table from her. Not a second later, she felt Caiden’s intimidating presence.
“From the first day I hired Kyla, I told her she was more than welcome to eat at my table. Just because you work for me, it doesn’t mean we can’t eat at the same table,” Ms. Rogers’ declared as she scooped oatmeal onto the spoon.
“I didn’t imply anything, Granny,” was all Caiden said before stuffing a forkful of scrambled eggs into his mouth and sitting next to his grandmother.
“Wow, this is really good, Kyla.”
Kyla’s eyes sparked in shocked. One minute, Caiden was condemning her. The next, he was voicing his appreciation of her scrambled eggs.
“Thank you, I guess,” she mumbled.
She had to hurry up and finish eating before she let Mr. Caiden know how she really felt about him. It was no longer the south. Just because she was a CNA, it didn’t mean she should be treated any less either. Kyla didn’t know what it was about the green-eyed monster who sat across from her, but her insides stirred. She squeezed her thighs tight.
© Copyright 2021 S.Cassadera (scassadera at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2263333-Smitten-by-a-Cowboy