*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2246334-Im-a-superhuman-cop-in-a-new-world
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by flash
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Crime/Gangster · #2246334
Title says it all.
I'm a superhuman cop. (At least that's what I like to call myself) When I say "Super", I mean I have a number of superpowers. Before you ask, no, I'm not exactly Superman. More like Batman with a few super perks here and there. As for how it happened, well....


It all started when I took part in a science experiment gone horribly wrong. Classic Super hero origin story, I know. The only reason I did this was to make extra cash. Why else? I had just officially become a teen, typically a juvenile. You know the kind; outgoing, rebellious, shows a lack of interest in things such as family, school, traditions, always looking for an easy way out. You see, much to my family's dismay, I don't exactly have a steady job. I prefer one of those "first come, first serve" opportunities. The first was with my dad who had a side job of fixing other people's houses. Walls, plumbing, electricity, that kind of stuff. I pretty much gave him whatever tool he needed and a hand with holding something to screw in. After that, it was an easy $20 which immediately, I threw away on either a videogame or a comic book. Another example was one of my mom's friends needing help moving to another house. He had A LOT of stuff for someone who prefers living in a small house. One long and exhausting day later, I was then treated to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, as well as money for yet another game. Later in the year, "business" was dwindling a bit, but I was hoping it would change. How right was I when this happened. Which brings us to today.

Anyway, the experiment was going well at first, but then an error occurred followed by a bunch of unfortunate accidents ( mostly at fault of a clumsy scientist). The last thing I remember was a bunch of loud noises and then....BOOM! It all happened so fast too.

Next thing I knew I was in what appeared to be a forest. I don't know why but something felt off about it as well as the rest the environment. The trees were gigantic! Bigger than the jolly green giant. The sky was more purple than blue. Then in a flash, I could have swore I saw a bird that was also huge. Wherever I was, it was giving me goosebumps so I did what anyone would do: Run!

I ran for what felt like an hour and surprisingly I was nowhere near exhausted. Usually a minute or two of running will do that. I then noticed something up ahead. Maybe an animal? When I got a closer look, I saw what could only be seen in Fantasy stories: It was a dragon! It swooped right past me without a second thought. I don't why but something was telling me to follow it, so I did.

Now Dragons are supposed to be fast, right? Well, despite my just running as a means of movement, I was actually catching up to it! When I was close enough, it saw me and seemed understandably surprised but it kept flying away from me. I thought it was going to pick a fight with me but it seemed to be in a hurry. Confused, I kept following. A few minutes later we stopped near a rocky hill and the dragon stopped, as did I. It turned around, faced me and to my surprise, it spoke!

"WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?! CAN'T YOU SEE I'M TRYING TO HIDE?!" It said. From the voice, it was a male. I saw that his expression was a mix of irritated and panic.

"What's his problem?" I thought "Why are you hiding?" I spoke. Suddenly, there was rumbling, and then a huge shadow loomed over us. I turned to look and was BEYOND shocked. It was not one, but two giant creatures! They were NOT from our world.

One was what appeared to be a Griffon! The other was a Gargoyle!

They both looked at us like we we're criminals. They both turned their attention to the dragon. I did the same and saw that he was panicking entirely. Shaking, really. Then the Griffin spoke in a loud female voice, "THERE YOU ARE!"
The gargoyle then spoke, also in a loud female voice, "YOU'RE COMING BACK WITH US!"

I then noticed the dragon looking frantically for an escape route, but it proved to be futile. He then looked at me and out of nowhere, he grabbed me by my waist with his scaly arms. He then looked back at the giants and shouted, "DON'T COME ANY CLOSER OR THIS...THING GETS IT" he said loudly while holding me with one arm and raising his extended claws with the other. They were razor sharp. I was now panicking, realizing what he was trying to do. This went from a simple chase to a hostage situation. I tried to escape. One of my hands was loose so I thought I would have a chance to make it out. I reached my hand to his arm, hoping to loosen his grip with all my strength. However, something else happened. Something unthinkable. My hand was engulfed in ice! When I touched the dragons arm, he shouted and recoiled in pain. Most dragons are not a big fan of frigid temperatures. Immediately, he released his grip and i caught myself before falling flat on the ground. When I stepped back from him, the dragon looked at me in shock but quickly shook it off and attempted to capture me again. He lunged, and I tried to dodge. When I did, I was out of the way but like really fast! Like the Flash! The dragon fell face first on the ground. I was right behind him in no time flat. I then noticed his tail sticking out and it gave me a bold yet clever idea. I grabbed it with all my strength and lifted not only his tail, but the dragon himself. I didn't understand it at first because I know I'm not THAT strong but I shook it off and with one quick swing, I slammed him to the ground and then again...and again. I could tell it was hurting him because he was already groaning. I then did something from the well beloved video game "Super Mario 64": I spun him around and around really fast until I threw him way high up In the sky shouting, "Bye bye!"


When the dragon kept flying up high (against his will, of course) we saw one of those "twinks" like you see in games when someone get launched in the sky. I then noticed the giant creatures had shocked looks on their faces. That is until another "twink" flashed and we saw him falling back down. The gargoyle caught him with her giant hand and saw that the dragon was in a daze. She held him tight so he wouldn't escape. The Griffin looked down at me and lowered one of her claws down to me and told me to hop on. I did and she raised her claw back up to her beak and got a good look at me. The gargoyle did the same. "WHO ARE YOU?" The Griffin asked. I was nervous. I didn't know what was going to happen next. The Gargoyle spoke up, "WHATEVER HE IS, I THINK WE SHOULD TAKE HIM WITH US TOO" The Griffin nodded in agreement and then brought the claw I was on over to her head and told me to jump on and slide down to her back. Her voice that time was calm. Motherly, really. I felt like I could trust her so I did what she said. Her lion fur was soft and fuzzy. She then spread out her wings and started taking. The gargoyle followed suit with the dragon still In tow.

The ride was surprisingly soothing. Even more than an airplane. Finally, the Griffin was descending, meaning we must've reached the location the giants we're taking me. In front if us was some kind of prison. It was even bigger than both the Griffin and the Gargoyle combined. We entered inside and the first thing I saw was a bunch of cells. Obviously, for keeping criminals. Some were huge. Others, not so much. I then noticed the Gargoyle opening a cell and then tossing the dragon right in, closing the cell back up afterwards. I wonder what he's in for. When I looked around some more, I saw more cells we're occupied but not by humans at all. There were more dragons, but also other creatures such as trolls, minotaurs, chimeras, really any mythical creature you could think of!

"Where in the world am I?!" I thought to myself. My thoughts were interrupted when the Griffin spoke to someone, "HEY BOSS. YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS!" I was then carried by the Gargoyle and placed on what I guessed was a large table. I then looked at their boss. It was a male Centaur and a pretty strict one at that. He got a closer look at me and then asked in a deep voice about me. I explained as best as I could while trying not to be intimidated by the giants, although the latter wasn't as successful. The giants behind me backed me up confirming that I in fact did stop the dragon, who turned out to be a wanted criminal by flinging him around, like there was nothing to it.

The centaur was skeptical about what he just heard. Truth be told, I didn't blame him as I was still reeling in about what happened a while back myself. He then pushed a giant coffee mug in front of me and told me to push it back as a way of proving my strength. I walked up to it, placed both of my hands on it and, instead of pushing the mug, I simply knocked it over, falling off the table. Surprisingly, it didn't break and there was nothing in it, so no mess, no harm. When I looked back at the centaur, he seemed more impressed than surprised. He then asked me questions like, "Do you have a job?" Or "Do you a home nearby?" I answered no to everything as I was literally new to this unfamiliar land. He decided that because of my newfound powers that I should join "the force" as it's called here.

It all made sense now: The runaway dragon, the prison and it's cellmates. This was like some kind of Police department, but with mythical creatures! But it wasn't just the prison, it was whole world I live in now! The centaur insisted that I give this workforce a try and I accepted. He then partnered me up with the same giants that found me.

We introduced each other. The Griffin was named Greta, while the Gargoyle was named Alexis and the centaur was in fact the chief, Manny. (How appropriate).


It had been quite some time since I joined and, honestly? I actually enjoyed this dream gig. Sure, I had to undergo some training, not that it was a problem thanks to my new powers. As for my living conditions, Greta was kind enough to let me crash at her place for as long as I please. Greta is pretty kind and caring for a Griffin. She let's me snuggle with her whenever it's bedtime.

Alexis is rough and tumble, but she means well. Basically, I was working with a classic "Good cop, bad cop" pair. Work has been slow for me on my first days at the force but we still prepare ourselves for showtime. The pay and the benefits are good even though I had no idea what to do with them at first, but I'm sure I'll find a way.

Well, now you guys know how my life came to be. All because of an experiment gone horribly wrong. Not really sure how that's possible but I couldn't question it. Not when I work with mythical creatures.


It sucks that my family doesn't know where I am right now, nor do they have anyway of finding me. I knew I was gonna leave home one day, but I sure didn't expect it to happen like this. Maybe some day, I'll find a way to get back to my world and at least visit them. Only time will tell.

For now I'm just relaxing with Greta and just taking in my surroundings. She showed me around town and it had some things that earth had, such as diners, libraries and of course the prison. We'll be going back to work soon and I can tell it's gonna be better for everyone now that I'm in the game. I think I'll update this story eventually cuz I can tell this new life of mine will be quite an adventure.

Until next time...
© Copyright 2021 flash (flashfan2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2246334-Im-a-superhuman-cop-in-a-new-world