*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2246674-The-Town-Of-Souls
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Action/Adventure · #2246674
A idea I would love to have people give their opinions on
In a society, hidden from the rest of the world. Lies a town of souls. In this town, people are divided into four groups. Each being more complicated than the last.
First, we have the Whole. Almost every person is born as one. Their souls are right-side up and filled in with white. Whole people are very rare, but we'll return to that. Next, we have the Givers, who are people who were once Whole or Takers, which i will explain here soon. Givers take over most of this population, they have their souls upside down and have black spots. This indicates that they have given parts of there souls to others who need it. Slowly making their souls empty. Then there are Takers, Takers are either born or made. If made, they are what happens when a Giver gives all of their soul to Givers or Takers. Their souls are upside down and black, showing that they are indeed, empty. But Givers, Whole, or Given can give Takers part of their souls to turn them into a Giver. Which leads us to the Given. The given are higher up in society besides the Whole. They are what happens when a Taker or Giver gives someone enough soul fragments to fill their soul again. But once you are Whole, and you give even a person one piece of your soul, you can never be Whole again. The Given have their souls full, but upside down to separate them from Whole people.
Now, the reason that the Whole are so rare is because of the fact that they feel bad for the other people enough to give them more than what they have. If a person is still Whole by eighteen, they turn into a part of the Whole Council.
The leader of this Council is the first Whole to exist. Amira. Since Amira was the first Whole to make it past eighteen, giving her the power to give more to others. So, it is now law, that if you make it past eighteen as a Whole, as she did, you are now apart of the Council. But, at age sixteen, if still Whole, that said person will automatically be given a power personalized for that said person. As a sign of hope to make it to adulthood, and meet your new fellow sisters of the Whole Council.
But, if you lose your title of being Whole after gaining your power, but before or after joining the council, you are met face to face with Amira, in front of the whole town, for everyone see your power, along with your Whole soul to be stripped from you from Amira herself, to show the world that you have failed to become one of them, thrown to the streets to rot with your guilt. Anyone to go near you, or even talk to you, will be put to the same fate.
That leads us to now. A beautiful mother has been gifted with twins. Sisters. Whom she has handed to a resistance, to raise them to stay Whole to beat Amira and her council. Once they turn sixteen, they are on their journey to the Whole Council, meeting some interesting friends along the way. Echo, who is a Giver, Adira, a Taker. And finally, Rein, a selfish Given. Putting down there differences aside, they work together to take down Amira and her council.
© Copyright 2021 Kenzie Jo (merrierose at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2246674-The-Town-Of-Souls