*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2249928-WIP-Horror
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #2249928
Just a work in progress
I walked thru a small crevice that opened up into a huge space. The large cavern had cathedral like ceiling with multiple small openings in the walls. The floor was partitioned with stair steps much like an amphitheater with the whole space focused on a single point. A large grotesquely thin form sat upon a crumbling throne at the center of the room. Long bony limbs and a paper thin body sat forward almost as if the figure was keeping watch on the room, above the torso where a head would normally sit instead was a mess of thin stalks each with its own unblinking eye on top. I stared unblinkingly at the figure for a few minutes when it found my gaze, a low growl filled the space as each eye turning slowly to meet my eyes. I stared at the figure, the creature stared at me, neither of us seeming to fully comprehend what we were seeing. The growling rose in pitch and volume until it became a deafening scream. The very walls of the huge underground space began to shake with the fury of the scream. Suddenly it stopped, almost in an instant the room was horrifying quiet.
Then as sudden as the screaming stopped every eye turned and faced one of the holes in the wall. A viscous black fluid began pouring out of the hole. Slowly at first but picking up speed until it was flying out with enough force to hit the far wall of the cavern. Splattering against the wall the room began to fill. The figure slowly stood and began wading through the black goo, all eyes now focused squarely on me. I tried to turn but felt myself stuck staring into thousands of eyes as the figure rapidly closing the distance between us, seemingly unfazed by the black goo that it was waist deep in. A long spindly arm reached out to me and in my head, a voice. A voice that spoke in a language I didn't know but could still understand. The voice told me of vast riches and magical artifacts hidden below this room, it told me of incredible powers and great empires of old, of gods and creatures that I cannot even imagine. Then the creature reached me.

The long arm reached up and using a long bony finger touched my forehead.
© Copyright 2021 Colalas (colalas546 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2249928-WIP-Horror