*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2251283-Surprise
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2251283
Flash Fiction
Surprise

Wishing on a star for the zillionth time as I sat looking out the window I said, “I want to go home, please let me go home."

The star twinkled. They always twinkle. I looked back at the book. I was on page six thousand four hundred and eighty-two. So far, I had not seen any illustrations matching the control panel in front of me. I wasn’t sure what I would do if I found it, I couldn’t read the instructions, I had no idea what language they were in, nor even if they were instructions. However, I had nothing else to do. I turned another page. There were only a few pages left.

I had decided if I got to the end of the book and hadn’t found anything I would try turning some knobs. I had hoped something would happen before I got to the end of the book. Hopefully something good. It wasn’t looking good though.

Suddenly I heard a ring, a phone? Scrambling I followed the noise and found it, a phone, a real phone!

“Hello! Hello!” I practically screamed.

‘Oh, sorry Mate, wrong number!’ whoever it was clicked off.

I stared at it, there were no buttons or anything!

I looked back out the window, there was another star.”

“And that’s when you woke up?” Dr. Andrews asked.

“Yes,” Frank said.

“Frank, this is Harry’s room, and that’s Harry’s shoe, not a phone.” Dr. Andrews said, “Do you want to go back to your own room?”

Back in his office, Dr. Andrews asked his secretary if the preparations were done for Frank’s surprise birthday party.

“Yes, do you think he’ll be surprised?”

“I can’t imagine why not. He has no idea he’s two hundred years old, let alone that it’s even his birthday.”
© Copyright 2021 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2251283-Surprise