*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2256208-Barnes-and-Ridgeway
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2256208
Flash Fiction
Barnes and Ridgeway

“I’ve got a plan.”

“Oh?” asked Terry, skeptically.

“Yes!” Jeff said, obviously excited, “I just figured out exactly what to do!”

“Well why don’t you tell me, and we can talk it over.”

“No! We have to start right now! We barely have enough time already! Let’s go, come on!” off he ran.

“Wait!” Terry said, but it was too late, Jeff was off, and all he could do was try to catch up.

Grumbling to himself the whole time he ran after him knowing this was probably going to be a disaster. How did he let himself get caught up in Jeff’s crazy plans? And the worst thing, they were always crazy, and he sweated every minute, and then somehow, they always worked out! Never the way Jeff planned them, but always wonderfully.

It was like Jeff had a guardian angel sitting on his shoulder fixing things while Terry had a worrywart sitting on his, telling him everything that could go wrong!

As this revelation struck, Terry was blinded by the truth. Then and there he decided to let it go. Let Jeff do whatever he wanted and not interfere, just see if it was really true.

It wasn’t easy, but he kept his mouth shut and just followed Jeff’s lead. No suggestions, no interference, just doing it Jeff’s way.

He was flabbergasted when the entire plan not only fell through, but also got them in a heap of trouble with both sets of parents!

As they were doing the yard work, their punishment, Jeff asked why he hadn’t said anything.

“It was your idea!”

“But you always make it so it works!”

And that’s actually how, at the young age of thirteen, Jeff Barns and Terry Ridgeway started their now multimillion dollar company, Barns and Ridgeway.
© Copyright 2021 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2256208-Barnes-and-Ridgeway