*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2256872-ID-Required
Rated: E · Fiction · Comedy · #2256872
Daily Flash Fiction 8/19/21 W/C 300


ID Required


“Susie Q.” She stated with a straight face.

I looked up from the computer. It was the beginning of a long day, was my thought.

“Is that your real name?”

“Yes, ma’am. My real name. It says so right here.”

The little miss provided some IDs. A card from Costco, a card from a library, then a picture card from a health club.

“But I need some government issued identification. Do you have anything like a driver’s license or birth certificate with your name on it?”

“No ma’am. My government doesn’t give out IDs.” Her green tinged face didn’t flinch.

Yes, it’s going to be a long day. I sighed. “And what government, pray tell, is that?”

With a straight face and with all sincerity she said, “I am from the country of Banu, that is in the galaxy of the same name. Perhaps you’ve heard of it?”

When I didn’t indicate that I had, she continued.

“We don’t need government identification as there are so few of us. In fact, I have been sent here to see about becoming an ambassador for my people. So, I need to get a pass for admission into this government building.”

“How did you get these other cards without an ID?”

“Ah, that is a Banu secret. I’ve been sworn to secrecy.”

Now here’s the pickle. She wants to enter a secure building. I have to see some government ID to issue a visitor’s badge. What would you do in my situation? I could call for help, but would anyone believe my story, her story? Could I start an intergalactic war if I deny this badge? I’ve watched enough StarTrek movies and shows to know this might end badly.

“Okay, Susie. Here you go.” Badge given, my secret code embedded in it.

W/C 300
© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2256872-ID-Required