*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2262246-To-Love-The-Night-Sky
by Lyria
Rated: E · Poetry · Romance/Love · #2262246
Another poem about the sweetest moments of [not] knowing another.
To Love The Night Sky

Entice me with your silvery silhouette,
With twinkling words and the glimmer of a smile on your tongue.
Drape me in the mantle of promises not yet made,
Promises not yet broken.
Wrap me in the warmth of my blissful ignorance,
The last bastion of innocence in a grown-up's mind.

With you, sweet stranger, the skeletons yet soundly sleep 'neath the earth.
The sole darkness is that which shields the truth, and darkness of the soul remains to be discovered.
The you who dwells within my mind, like the technicolored lights of the northern sky does project so immaculately that I,
I cannot look away.

Dawn draws ever nearer, and those once-beautiful lights yield the stage upon which they dance to the morning sky.
As a crimson dawn is birthed from the spaces between stars drowned out by neon lights of a concrete cityscape.

I see above me not the pristine beauty of my imaginings, nor the wavering face of hopeful uncertainty.
Instead there lies before me a soul, imperfect and scarred.
As the morning sun kisses my skin, so too does my spirit come to bare.
I reach out and touch the ephemeral skin before me, yet as I do it is you who recoils at my touch.
For in your eyes the truth lies clear...

In your eyes, the golden glow was my own.
In your night, I was the multi-hued radiance.
In your sun, I was the imperfect one.
And so, you slip away.
© Copyright 2021 Lyria (lasoran at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2262246-To-Love-The-Night-Sky