*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2262571-Morning-Chats
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2262571
Flash Fiction
Morning Chats

“So, what do you think of those loud things that fly by sometimes?”

“Well they’re scary, but apparently they can’t get closer to the ground so we’re safe.”

“Yeah, that’s what my folks say too, they are scary though. What about the little white dots?”

“The white dots?”

“You know with the yellow pokey sticks sticking out the bottom?”

“Oh yeah. Listen Frank, I’ve got a lot on my mind today, can we skip the chit chat questions?”

“Chit chat? What’s chit chat?”

“You know, the talking just to be talking,” Roland said.

“I never talk just to talk!”

“Oh, I’m sorry Frank, I didn’t mean that. I actually just meant talking when it’s just social, passing the time with a friend. You know. I just have stuff on my mind so I’m distracted.”

“Oh yeah? Well, maybe I can help. What’s up?”

“I think Tinker likes that flashy Biff from around the mound. I was just getting up the nerve to ask her out and suddenly I realized that.”

“Pfft! I know she doesn’t! She just wants to use his cave for her party!”

“Really! I love her parties! That’s why she’s talking to him so much lately??”

“Darn right!”

“Well I’ll be darned! So, What was that about the red dots?”

“White dots... Never mind, I just like to imagine things being different than our parents tell us.”

“Like how?”

“Really? Well, I imagine we live under a whole other place full of other creatures very different from us, and they can see us, and would even eat us! But we hardly ever see them.”

“Wow! That’s a big idea! You could be a story teller!”

“Huh, you know, maybe I could, maybe I really could...”

Getting all excited about the idea, the two fish swam off together.
© Copyright 2021 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2262571-Morning-Chats