*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2266924-Kismet
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2266924
Flash Fiction
Kismet

Driving to my sister’s new place now that she was settled in. I was somewhat reluctant because it was a two day trip so I had to stay at a motel one night. I’d never stayed at a motel by myself, but this one, halfway there, seemed very nice. They made everything easy.

I was a bit antsy after I’d checked in however, nervous about the next leg of the trip, through the big city, and I’m not a comfortable driver. So I decided to take a walk to calm down. Away from the freeway, the motel was actually near a neighborly neighborhood, it was perfect.

The street started out with small houses, but they got bigger as they got further from the freeway. Then I started walking past a large stone wall, over my head, so I couldn’t see the house behind.

About a block down, there was a double gate, still solid with a glass piece above it, but still too high for me to see in. Feeling strangely bold, because nobody knew me here, I decided to climb up to see what the house behind looked like.

My first glimpse was green lawn as far as I could see. But there had to be a house, a driveway. I tried to shimmy over to get a better look. One wrong move, and I was back on the ground, my right ankle hurting like crazy.

I knew immediately I couldn’t walk back to the motel, and worse, I probably couldn’t drive! I burst into tears. And that’s when Jeremy came by.

I haven’t found out what was behind that fence. Jeremy is going to show me though, when we stay at his parent’s motel, on our way to my sister’s, for our wedding, next week. Kismet
© Copyright 2022 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2266924-Kismet