*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2267204-Fixing-Ted
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2267204
Flash Fiction
Fixing Ted

“Teddy! It’s time to get up.”

His mother’s voice jolted him into consciousness, he took a deep breath. Already the weight of his day was crashing down on him.

The company was in turmoil. Sales had been down already when they discovered George was purchasing inferior parts, then paying himself the savings. Although George was caught, it became bigger. All their former customers insisted their work be reviewed and brought up to snuff if they’d got inferior parts.

While anxious to fix this, they ended up having to check all the work since George had been hired. It was taking a toll on company spirits. And it all ended up crashing down on Ted, being the general manager.

Ted was so tired, sleep was one of his only escapes. Now, according to his mother, he had to get up and face another day. Huh? It suddenly occurred to him to wonder why his mother was waking him up. She lives in Franklin. Did she come to visit and he’d forgotten? Was he finally getting to his breaking point...

He opened his eyes. He was in his childhood room. Jolting up in bed, he found he was still a child! It was a dream! Laughing, he thought it through, and suddenly he knew what he should of done had it been real.

No more Mr. Nice. It hadn’t been his fault, he was stupid to let everyone push him around as if it was! He closed his eyes thinking of exactly what he would do.

When he opened his eyes again. He was in his apartment. The alarm was about to go off. He was a grown-up after all. However, now he had a plan.

Jumping out of bed, Ted got ready to go to work, and kick ass.
© Copyright 2022 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2267204-Fixing-Ted