*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2271794-The-Seasons-of-My-Faith
Rated: E · Essay · Spiritual · #2271794
A Journey With the Lord
“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven”… (Ecclesiastes 3:1 NIV)

The Seasons of My Faith


Spring

The Beginning--This season of my faith is when I first came to know and accept the Lord into my life. It was filled with awe, wonder and hope and still is.

Summer

The Sun—In this ongoing season I want to tell the world about the Light that shines so brightly in my life.

Autumn

Transition--This season is the natural progression from the start of my new life in Christ to everyday Christian living. This is the season of fellowship.

Winter

Storms—This season of my faith is stormy and oftentimes unexpected.

When I was a new Christian, I thought the Spring and Summer seasons of my faith would last forever. I was on fire. I thought nothing could change the way I felt. I studied God’s Word, found a church, and became very active there. But I slowly let life get in the way. I was doing volunteer work in my community and in my son’s school. Although I continued to read a devotion every morning, reading and studying God’s word changed from every day to “when I found time”.

“You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand’. (Psalm 16:11 NIV)

I realized that the Lord must be my priority. There is nothing that can take the place of daily prayer, meditation and studying His Word. Without it, we will wander through life, and we will never be prepared for the unpredictable storms that lie ahead. It was one of those storms that finally brought me back to my daily time with the Lord. I needed shelter away from the storm and He provided it.

“I would hurry to my place of shelter, far from the tempest and storm." (Psalm 55:8 NIV)

Spending quality time with the Lord doesn’t always prevent the storms from coming. Sometimes the Lord uses the storms in my life to help me grow. But it does prepare me for the storms ahead and enables me to change my direction into His loving, protective arms.

Prayer

Father, I thank you for each 24 hours you give me. Help me to use those hours wisely to get to know You more and more every day. In Jesus’ name, I pray.
© Copyright 2022 lbidler (lbidler at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2271794-The-Seasons-of-My-Faith