*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2272253-Shining-Moment
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Emotional · #2272253
There are moments that one always want to remember. This one....maybe not.
Her dress has been hanging in the closet for a month.
She has held it in front of her as she stood in front of her mirror many times.
Melanie has baby sat and walked dogs to earn money for this event.
The doorbell rings for a delivery of a beautiful corsage.
Upstairs, she steps from the shower so she can begin to dress for her night that has been building up all year.
She is worried, as her date has never been late.
She received compliments and smiles from parents and grandparents when she is at the bottom of the stairs.
Melanie glows from head to toe. She looks like a princess.
She is prepared for a senior's shining moment, the big prom night.
She waits. One then two hours. Then the news arrives.
Mr. Most Likely to succeed has died in an auto accident.
The new dress will go back into the closet to hang for a long, long time.
© Copyright 2022 Dorianne (jumacu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2272253-Shining-Moment