*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2272363-Darkest-Alley-a-fallout-fan-fic
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by willo
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #2272363
Darkest Alley is a Fallout fan-novella. Written a while ago.
Chapter I:

"I can only imagine how hard it would be, but when I heard the cap count it gave me enough hope for my son’s health to be restored back to order”, Jamaten recalled to the small child. He had inquired about his decision in taking up one of the most dangerous jobs that the child's father has given out before. That child's father being Lord Spodder of the somewhat 'lavish' estate south of the commonwealth. "How will you get to Boston anyways" the child inquired. "Well, if I stick to the coastline I probably could be spared by the glowing sea, but I am pretty sure that I will be going through there via a fishing boat if I am lucky. It is said that farmers are trying out sending crops via boats to keep it fresh from the pesky rads", Jamaten tells the child as he picks up his backpack to leave. Jamaten opens the door to leave, turns around and says goodbye to the child before he heads off.
A while from to the docks Jamaten continues walking down the dim streets to where his future is decided. Does he find what has been tasked of him? Or does his son face the low odds of surviving the plague bestowed upon him by the people of the old world. As Jamaten treks his eyes meet with a sign. "Docks ahead come if willing to be friendly", Jamaten gathers that there isn't much longer.
Jamaten reaches the docks and is confronted by a guard. "Trader or raider”, the guard says firmly. Jamaten brings out the note given to him by Lord Spodder. "Well good luck mate. Hope to see you pass back through”, says the guard worryingly. Jamaten flips a cap into the dock donation jar and steps down into one of the small fishing boats and meets with the sailor. Jamaten walks up to a stranger next to the boat's wheel. An old man with a big red beard and a colonial looking hat on. "Got any room? I need to get to Boston or as close as I can”, asks Jamaten. "Aye I got some room, chap. Just don't go poking around cause I gotta sell as much as I can. Me name be Captain Radbeard", "I'm Jamaten, I've never met a sailor before”, Jamaten tells. "Aye haha, we be as scarce as an appetising fish these days”, Radbeard jokingly says as he unravels the rope connecting the boat to the dock. "We be sailing in a minute get comfortable the seas could be as dangerous as the land”. Radbeard tells Jamaten as he turns the wheel and rings the bell.

An hour into the trip, the wind blowing in Jamaten’s face, seas all around him and a few seagulls visible in the distance. “Why are we out so far?” Jamaten calls out to Radbeard. “Aye, we are out far but for good reason. Raiders caught on to us farmers getting out hands on come capable marine vehicles. They did what they do best an stole some from our supplier from further down south of the coast. It was going to happen anyway but now we have what the old world called pirates. Plunderin those who dare sail the seven. “ Yelled back Radbeard “Pirates? So basically raiders but on tug boats?” Conversed Jamaten ba koto Radbeard “Aye, I’ll have myself a book in me captain’s cabin. It’s called /‘Blackbird of the seven’/. It’s fictional but good enough to understand what the pirates were about back then.” Replied Radbeard. “Sounds good.” Jamaten says as he looks back out to the sea.





sees the lights of a massive city full of questions and not enough answers. "Aye, that be Boston, pal", Tells Radbeard as he hones towards the lights of the great city. But then the sound of lightning striking the ground with great force and winds speeding towards the boat. Water sprays Jamaten causing him to slip over. "Rad storm coming in from aft Jamaten! Hold on to some thing if ye dear life!" Radbeard exclaims as he turns the wheel to glide with the wind.
Every turn met with huge amounts of water flowing onto the deck. Getting closer to land Radbeard turns the boat as to not crash to high heavens. Jamaten picks up his things and jumps up to the side of the ship holding on tight ready to jump to land. Everything is blurry till Jamaten sees a flash of red light through the fog. "They be shooting at us Jamaten keep Ye head down" screams Radbeard as Jamaten drops behind the deck. Screams of super mutants yelling for their dinner as they shoot lasers and bullets a plenty at the boat. "We only have a small area to get close to land safely Jama! I'll get as close as I can!" "O shit! Okay tell me when", Jamaten yells, his mouth shuttering. Did he go to far? Maybe not far enough. Only one way to see. "JUMP!" Radbeard yells as he flips the wheel while swinging the boat close to the shore as the boat speeds up to get the hell out of there. Jamaten looks back at Radbeard face worried and everything as if in slow motion. Jamaten runs towards the side of the boat. "Hopefully the weather's better on the ride home Jama. Cya later Ye crazy cat. YAHAHARRRR!" Laughs Radbeard to Jamaten through the rain. Jamaten jump on to the side of the deck and leaps off the side into the water.

He knows he has to get out before he gets way to radiated. He swings back out of the water and sees a jetty through the glare. He swims towards it and climbs and tugs up to the top and flops down and lays on the ground. "What am I doing", Jamaten says to himself. He jumps up and sees a large figure walking towards him. A green monster, a.. A super mutant. "AAHAHA!!!!! A puny human for Dawid!" The super mutant yells as he swings his board into Jamaten's head. Knocking him out cold

Jamaten awakes in a cold but warm looking room. The faint sound of super mutants roaming the halls of a supposed large facility. The dark corners of the room tell tales of abandonment and the doors creaky and half functioning. Jamaten half realises his situation; dazed and heavy headed after being knocked out by one of the supermutants. Then a super mutant slams the door open. “Come, human.” The supermutant disperses towards Jamaten. The supermutant stomps towards him and grabs him dragging Jamaten down the hallway and the slamming a door open and tossing Jamaten to the floor in front a large than usual supermutant with some what of a crown on his head made out of empty Nuka cola bottles, sitting on a throne of bones and empty bottles. "Human!" The mutant yells bringing Jamaten out of his confused state. "I am Nuka, leader of all super mutants in this tower! Nuka grabs an empty Nuka cola bottle and throws it near Jamaten. Jamaten shields himself from the glass and drops to his back. Nuka jumps down from his throne and makes his way to Jamaten and stands over him towering down. "I have run out of Nuka Cola” He picks up Jamaten and brings him to eye level. "That is why I have you!" He sniffs Jamaten, and then drops him. Jamaten back on the ground lifting himself up by one arm. Nuka points at Jamaten and stares down on him. "I will get human to bring Nuka Cola for me" He demands. "DAWID AND CRANK, come in room", Calls Nuka. Two supermutants come in from outside the door. One has a trash can on his head, and the other has white and red war paint covering his face. "Dawid!" Yells Nuka, and points at the War paint covered mutant. “I have human to help find Nuka cola. He fit in small places so we get more Nuka Cola, GO!” Nuka demands as he picks up a Nuka cola bottle and throws it at a window behind him. Crank picks up Jamaten from his feet and pushes him out the door. Dawid grabs a rocket launcher and a pipe sniper off the wall and puts one on his back and throws a pipe sniper to Crank. They proceed to walk down the hall to an elevator, and enter it.

Exiting the elevator and walking outside Crank drops Jamaten and points his gun at him signalling him to walk. Jamaten with his head down scrambles to him feet and starts walking outside and down the road. After walking for about 100m Jamaten starts to notice old newspaper on the ground, popped tyres and street signs. Jamaten slowly looks up revealing towering buildings all around him hundreds of old street lights broken, sparking and hanging by a thread. Stacks of broken cars covered in rust and rubble. He has never been outside of a swampy land with no signs of an… “old world”. The daunting truth of the bombs dropped over 215 years ago creeps on him, slowly. Till one of the Mutants brings him out of his trance. “Check in building.” Dawid demands calmly to Jamaten. Jamaten slowly steps backwards towards and into the building with his hand half up. Dawid stands outside looking around while Crank follows him into the somewhat corner shop to oversee if Jamaten is reach into rubble and into small areas for the requested Nuka Cola.

As Jamaten searches the shop, lifting pieces of fallen ceiling and crouching to see under tables and shelves. He sees a glisten in the corner of his eyes. A Nuka cola, a quite clean one also. Usually the ones he sees are covered in dust. But this one was clean. As if someone had recently been in possession of it. As Jamaten reaches for the bottle over a counter trying not to get covered in dust. A creak… A loud creak. A loud creak and a voice. The voice being quite low. As if they also heard an unusual noise or voice. Jamaten looks at Crank. Crank looks back at him, face stern trying not to make himself seem confused and in control of the situation. Crank turns around and makes his way slowly to the steps that lead up stairs. obviously trying to repress the amount of sound emanating from his foot steps. As Crank pops his head around the corner, it is visible that he is seeing a disturbance from up the stairs. He looks back at Dawid who heard the noises also and Dawid walks over to the bottom of the stairs, looks at Jamaten, puts a finger to his mouth, nods to Crank and they walk up the stairs slowly. Leaving Jamaten alone. Jamaten knows it is a chance he will have to cherish He slowly steps over the glass, paper and other fallen objects, makes his way slowly and quietly to the exit way of the shop and Peaks his head out the door to see if he had a pure chance to run away. Jamaten lifting his head up and looking around. He spots about 5 super mutants walking his way. “Damnit!” Jamaten angrily screams under his breath. Not much time till the supermutants reach the corner shop. Even if they don’t come in he will have to hide due to the fact that the outer walls are covered in shop windows broken and shattered. Jamaten steps slowly across the room faster than before and crouches underneath a counter and squeezes himself in being covered by the the counter top and he closes his eyes. The supermutants steps could be heard from outside the door. “I check inside if good place to make base.” One supermutant says as the door opens quickly and the supermutant walks in, glass cracking underneath his feet.

Shots fired from upstairs, screams, yells, bangs and thuds. The supermutant who walked in the door jumps and looks back at his crew. The other supermutants walk into the room as Jamaten pushes himself even more into the counter. Five pairs of large footsteps could be heard from all around the counter, scurrying but keeping the level of quietness at a minimum. Jamaten closes his eyes tighter. One supermutant walks around the counter to which Jamaten hid under. Too tall to see him, The supermutant presses himself on the wall which is connected to the stairs so they couldn’t see him till they went around the wall to the shop. Crank and Dawid could be heard from around the corner of the wall walking down the stairs. The supermutant on the wall pulled out a large automatic looking weapon and pointed it towards the corner in which the two supermutants were making their way down and takes a very firm stance. It was about to go down, steps louder, as if they were at the bottom of the stairs. A hand. Comes around and places itself on the side of the wall. One of the two supermutants clear their voice as if everything was calm. One last heavy step. They have reached the end of the stairs. Another step. Obvious that the two consecutive steps where on the same level of ground. The supermutant on the wall in anticipation and anxiety fixes his fixed posture and looks deeper into the sight of his weapon as if he is looking for a way out of the situation. Another step, this one was from outside of the corner and into the main shop area.

“YAAAR!” Yells Jamaten in a supermutant type voice as Crank and Dawid are about to walk out the door. Causing Dawid to pull back into the step area. The supermutant on the wall shoots an array of bullets towards the exit of the door missing Dawid and blasting through the wall and out onto the empty streets. Crank realising where the shots came from empties a clip from his sniper into the wall in which the opposing supermutant was hiding on. The other 4 supermutants open fire on the two as they retreat up the stairs while, THUD. The supermutant that was previously hiding on the wall drops in front of Jamaten. He crawls over to the body an retrieves the heavy pipe rifle from the ground next to the mutant and leans back into the desk with a perfect view of the door leading to the steps. The four other supermutants walks slowly one by one into the door and start walking up the stairs. Dawid and Cranks footsteps obviously from above Jamaten could be heard. After the last super mutant creeps into the door, Jamaten scurries up and looks at the exit door. But… He remembers the surprisingly calm and considerate nature of Dawid and Crank towards him. He suspects that it would be a hard find elsewhere in the Commonwealth. Jamaten looks back at the doorway leading to the steps. Runs into the step area and mantles the gun stand on one of the steps and points up the stairs, In which the band of supermutants where scaling, pulls back one of the large levers on the side of the gun. ’CLICK’. The four supermutants slowly look back down the stairs. Jamaten slams the trigger and holds onto for dear life as the gun heats up from the powerful storm of bullets and pulls back onto Jamaten. As the bodies of the four supermutants roll down the stairs Jamaten runs up climbing the green blobs and entering a door to his left with his machine-gun rested on his shoulder, the meets with the two supermutants. The machine gun bursts into smoke and Jamaten drops it to the ground coughing waving the smoke out of his face. “Get that Nuka Cola you saw before fight.” Says Dawid. Jamaten a bit saddened thinking they would be more appreciative. But he knew the tone of gladness in Dawid’s voice was apparent. Jamaten walks down the stairs and the two supermutants follow him.

Dawid picks up the Nuka Cola from which the desk he was hiding under. As Dawid and Crank walk out the door Jamaten sees one of the 10mm pistol on the ground from the supermutants that were killed. Jamaten picks it up and holds it in his hands. “You think I trust human with that?” Cranks says from across the shop. “Distrust goes both ways.” Jamaten says picking up some magazines from the supermutant’s body and sliding them into his pocket. Dawid Looks at Crank, then walks over to the exit door, Jamaten follows. Entering the now misty streets of the Boston Commons. Jamaten cannot help but realise that they would probably need to hurry up before it gets dark. As the thought enters Jamaten’s mind The sun starts to skim the edge of the roofs around them. Darkness is already imminent. The three start to jog now, entering buildings grabbing all the Nuka cola they could spot, throwing it into Cranks backpack then running to the next building. After an hour or so, the sun starts to rests past the buildings all light is but a distant memory. The darkness is overwhelming to one who is not familiar with their surroundings in these types of places. Jamaten Looks at Crank and Dawid. The first convocations started by Jamaten since after the fight with the five mutants. “We need to stop.” Jamaten sternly states. The two mutants look over to him and flash their flashlights on the ground emanating the area around them. “No stop till we fill pack with cola.” Says Crank to Jamaten through the glowing darkness. The two supermutants turnaround. Flashlights shining the path ahead of them. The path in which others are talking also. Gunners. Coming their way. They turn off their flashlights and follow each other's slight glow and sounds through the darkness. They push past what is some bushes and a fence. Dawid opens his torch with one of his hands covering most of the light emitting from the globe. They’re in a playground. Jamaten Runs to an Alien spaceship themed play-gym and climbs into the small doorless hatch and huddles into the spacecraft leading the supermutants to look at each other. Dawid strolls over and sits next to the ship with his launcher on his lap and rests his head back onto the ship, as Crank nods to him and walks slowly around the playground with his gun up and ready. Presumably switching under the darkness of the night.

*During this very moment from across the commonwealth*

“Ugh I can’t believe this. Every bloody time I have to.. There!” struggles a female Atom Cat Hammering in a plate of we power armour back into spot. “Gosh finally I can now go…”
She pops open he power armour and slides into it. “Home”. She takes a deep breath of filtered air through her castle walls of steel.
© Copyright 2022 willo (willoyoung at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2272363-Darkest-Alley-a-fallout-fan-fic