*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2276791-Femininity-v-Masculinity
by Remy
Rated: E · Essay · Adult · #2276791
Please leave a review/comment to help me improve.
Femininity versus masculinity has been an ongoing battle against males and females. As children, it was a school yard joke. “Boys are better than girls” or “girls are better than boys.” Playing a simple game of dodgeball, the boys were split against the girls. With this, it has made me realize how much of a significant part of our childhood can affect us as adults. Or in my case adolescent, or as a society. Though as teenagers we are not dividing ourselves by genders of teams to play dodgeball in the middle of a party, we are dividing one another by one’s power. For as long as time has lived, women have always had the lower hand. Some might say it is a head scratch to think as to why women are put down more than men. Well, simply because the men who lowering the power and greatness of women, are insecure the opposite sex, will dominate their ego. Egotistical men have only had one mindset and that was to be greater than all mankind. That specifically includes women as the 93% and 7% including other men. Studies have shown that men have felt the need to be dominant not only because it is a part of their human nature; simply because with women getting more power than men, what power is left for the men?

Back to the subject of dominantly being in their “human nature,” what is that human nature? Looking further into history and the times where humans were animals. It was their natural instinct to kill. Any little amount of danger or resistance, the first thing the animal was to think of was to kill the predator. Because of the sense of worries, men will then have no power or control over anything manufactured or made by women. Their instincts to only cause violence against women was the only profound acceptable matter, in their minds. To abuse and mistreat women was their way to conquer them. Another simple given fact against why men have felt the need to mistreat women, other than violence being in their human nature. Was the fact that men have disowned their feminine side. All men have femininity whether they would like to neglect it or not, it is there. For example, a male who excessively lacks the generic male attributes. Stereotypically, this male does not do what other males “tend to do”. Explaining this in a more elaborate manner would be to use Disney or Nickelodeon as an example.

The male characters in shows being produced can be represented as smelly, unclean, improper, disrespectful and all around unhygienic. As for the female characters they can be represented as clean, a fresh smell, proper, charming and girly. In the show The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, Cody tends to be labeled as a “nerd” or a “freak.” Not because of his higher intelligence than his twin brother, or most people, but the way he acted. Cody kept himself clean and acted appropriately while Zack didn’t. What I am trying to get at here and help you understand, as well as myself is. Why do men have to subjectively put themselves in the category of being manly, bulk, strong and powerful to uplift themselves. Is it a confident boost? Is it a way to get a girlfriend? Or is it simply the way he was trained to be like. Men and women shouldn’t have to act as to the roles they were assigned by society, if a male feels comfortable to share excessively high emotions he shouldn’t be ashamed of it. And if a woman were to not “sit lady-like” she shouldn’t be scolded for it.
© Copyright 2022 Remy (remwritescrap at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2276791-Femininity-v-Masculinity