*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2276922-Small-Decisions
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2276922
Flash Ficton
Small Decisions

I decided to surprise my new husband by washing his car. Truth be told, I didn’t want him to spend twenty bucks going to the car wash. I’ve been known to pinch pennies so hard they leave the country.

He was off with a friend, pretending he knew how to play golf, so I had plenty of time. I loaded up my bucket with water and soap, and brought a bottle of window wash too, because apparently windows come out better with window wash, the instructions said... I’ve never seen the difference, but it wasn’t my car so I was following the “rules.”

First I had to back it out of the garage. Tricky for me. I’m short, he’s tall. I didn’t want to move the seat because I’d never get it back in the right place, so I was scooched forward as well as holding myself higher because I needed to see where I was actually going in the rearview mirror. Probably not the safest way to sit backing a car out of a garage.

I started very slowly, first checking all the mirrors, I noticed there were words in a little square on the driver’s side mirror. I stopped, it said, “Objects in this mirror are closer than they appear.” What the heck?

I immediately checked the other two, and it was correct, everything looked closer in that one mirror! Well! I decided not to use it I at all. I had enough trouble backing out, to add another issue! I bet you guessed, I got too close on the driver’s side and knocked the mirror right off. So, instead of twenty bucks, it cost a hundred and sixty bucks. And the car was still dirty...

But, hey, the gesture was a hit. Still married, forty seven years!
© Copyright 2022 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2276922-Small-Decisions