*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2277029-Dreams
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2277029
Flash Fiction
Dreams

“I had the strangest dream.”

“Dreams are strange sometimes. I wonder why?”

“Ah, because they’re dreams?”

“But why? Is it our brain gathering up the garbage and tossing it out? But if that was true, why are they always about really weird things instead of our real life? And sometimes there are people we know in them, and other times people we not only don’t know, people we would never know. How does that help us cope with life? And why are some dreams fun and happy, and other dreams scary and hard? I had a dream once where I was at the bottom of a big hole and all I could see was sky way up and I couldn’t get out! I woke up from that one sweating like anything! Oh! And that means your body is involved. So my brain tricked my whole body into thinking I was stuck in the bottom of a big hole. My brain betrayed me! How could my brain betray me!”

“Frank! Slow down! What the heck are you talking about?!”

“Well, you brought it up...” Frank said.

“You asked me what movie was playing at the Reno!”

“Huh?

“The movie that’s playing at the Reno is named ‘I had the strangest dream.’ Andrew Willard and Tina Jane Marlo? About the airplane crash, remember?”

“Oh, yeah... Ah, wanna go?”

“I didn’t, I thought it was going to be lame. But after your tirade, who knows?”

“My tirade?”

“Well, the weirdest dream I ever had, had bunnies in it...”
© Copyright 2022 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2277029-Dreams