*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2277766-John-Doe
by Zombie
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Writing · #2277766
Writing for fun
Mathew James Collway was born on July the eleventh Nineteen-twelve. His mother had passed during childbirth and father ran away from his responsibilities. He had stayed at the home for about fourteen years. When he started to speak some caretakers of the orphanage taught him to read and write. Which he loved as it was an escape to other worlds. When he turned eight he was sent to the streets to sell pamphlets to passerbys. This is where he would use his sweet innocence to sell them and of course he never came home empty handed. He continued selling until he turned fifteen. Around this time he also sweet talked men into getting him some food and some other items. Since the orphanage stopped feeding him due to lack of funds. When he turned fifteen he was sent to a factory for work. They paid the orphanage for his work but he never saw a dime. He worked there for a half a year. Until His uncle came in contact with him.

He then moved in with his uncle. His uncle took him to school to get some education. But when Mathew turned eighteen his uncle got sick, so he decided to leave school to help his uncle. His uncle was the breadwinner of the home. So now Mat had to step in and earn some money. It didn’t go well since no one wanted to hire him. The fact that he had to stay near his uncle was another story. But when his uncle passed away he was kicked out of the streets since he couldn’t pay for the rent. Mat had refused to go back to the orphanage and so he decided to find work. Instead he found something else. He did some questionable things to be fed, clean and warm. He did this when he was twenty one he found Major Edwin Williams.

He had met the Major when he had saved him from a group of thugs. He found Williams to be very attractive and very kind that he did help him. Of course the major refused any repayment. Later that week the Major had saved him again. He joked how the young man is now just looking for trouble and maybe he should just stay with him. Mathew blushed at the comment believing he wanted him to take him to bed. But the Major made it clear he wouldn't do it out of respect for Mathew. But after that they did spend time speaking together. When Williams found out he was homeless he decided to invite him to his home. There they got closer and their relationship blossomed into a beautiful one. They were inseparable , yet they still hid their relationship. As it was seen as taboo and sinful if men did such things. But the two couldn’t deny the love they had for each other. When William was called out for war, he promised he would still take care of him even if he wasn’t near him. They would write letters, still devoted their love to each other. But when the letters stopped, Williams ended up missing in action. Mathew had waited for a few more years until he was then kicked out of their home.

Mathew refused to end up in the streets again. Especially since William took him out. He decided to find a job. A new start, He hated to say he regrets leaving William behind, but everyone had said he had died in battle. He couldn’t bear it anymore so he left for Bexley london. He had found an ad for ghost writers in a postal company and well took the offer. He decided to answer the ad as John Doe. I hope to start a new life. In time his charm became the people's favorite and people would request him to write letters for others. He later started living in the rooms with the other employees.

What he didn’t know was that Williams was very much alive and he was looking for Mathew who is now called John. Williams didn’t know John was forced out of their home and that he had moved away to another town.
© Copyright 2022 Zombie (dezombiewrites at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2277766-John-Doe