*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2278423-Information
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2278423
Flash Fiction
Information

“You’ll never believe this!” Ted said, catching up to Angela.

“Try me,” Angela said, with a look on her face that suddenly made Ted nervous.

“Ah, you’re going somewhere?”

“I’m in no hurry...” she said. “What won’t I believe?”

Ted had a terrible crush on Angela. Something about the way she looked, made him nervous. His brain rushed into overdrive. What’s she upset about? What information is she expecting? He went over what he had been going to tell her in a flash of scrutiny, trying to anticipate if it would have any impact at all on Angela, or anybody Angela knew! No, it was just stupid ‘nerd noise,’ as his friends called it. Suddenly he started to feel his forehead getting damp.

“Ted! Are you alright? Are you sick?”

He realized he’d been quiet too long, “I’m fine!” he said as strongly as he could muster.

“So what were you going to tell me?”

“Nothing important, stupid stuff,” he mumbled, “maybe I am sick, I better go home,” he rushed off.

Sandra came up, “Wasn’t that Ted? Isn’t he coming to the game?”

“I never got to ask him, he was acting weird. I think he might be sick.”

“Oh, that’s too bad. What’s the matter with you? You keep making that face?”

“I forgot to take my allergy medicine. My nose is itchy, and my eyes are a little wet but, I’ll be fine.”

“Oh, it must be terrible to be allergic to pollen.”

“Only when I forget to take my medicine. I’ll be OK, let’s go.”

Ted walked home slowly, this crush he had on Angela was beginning to make his life difficult.

Suddenly realizing he never told her about the pollen count being extra high today, then thinking, ‘as if she’d even care, you stupid nerd...’
© Copyright 2022 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2278423-Information