*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2279750-The-Chase
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Action/Adventure · #2279750
A very short story of a day at the beach
I can feel the warm, coarse sand as I run across the shoreline. He's getting closer. I keep running and running - hoping that he won't be able to catch me... I can hear his steps racing towards me. The icy water hitting my feet threatens to distract me, to let my guard down and play in the waves to cool down from the blazing sun. I can't take that chance, he's getting closer.

I lost track of how long I've been trying to escape his grasp - no clue as to how far I am from home. Damn it, he's almost caught up to me. I don't know how long I can keep going. My feet are so tired. I think to myself, 'Maybe I should give up... Let him catch me,' but I can't bring myself to let him win. I feel his fingers grace my back as he tries to grab me.

He's too close; I need to run faster. My feet are too tired, and I need to catch my breath. I want to run into the calming ocean, but that would guarantee my loss. Then I feel him - he grabs me from behind me and throws me into the air. When he catches me, any air left in my lungs leaves me as he attacks me - with a series of tickles.

My dad and I love playing at the beach. It's definitely one of my favorite things to do in the summer.
© Copyright 2022 A.C. Julie (aioemae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2279750-The-Chase