*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2280015-WDC-Virtual-Convention-my-imagination
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Experience · #2280015
Hey everybody! (Co-winner, Cramp!)
I was too excited to wait, and logged in early, but of course, eyestar~* , efficient as ever, was already there.

"Hello, Sonali," she greeted me.

"Hello! Nice to see a face for the case!"

"The face is in its place," she responded.

"The face is in its place with much grace," I added, and both of us laughed.

Someone else was joining in. Who?

Ah!

"Hey deemac - are you going to be IN and OUT of this meeting, or are you going to stay?"

"It depends," he replied.

"Depends on what?" eyestar~* asked.

"Depends on whether Sonali has brought her pet duck along," deemac replied. "If that duck *Duck* is anywhere about, I'm OUT. Otherwise, I'm IN."

Now, it's well known that deemac is the King of the In-and-Out here on Writing Dot Com. What most people don't know is that he is allergic to my pet duck, and that is my fault entirely. I'd once turned that duck loose and it quacked all over his plots, ruining them.

"I take this opportunity to apologise," I said to deemac .

He was about to respond when we realised that more people were joining in the meeting.

"Hallo, I brought coffee." That was Lilith of House Martell and she was waving her WDC Coffee Mug about.

Robert Waltz who had also just entered, responded, "Nice to see your own mug and your WDC mug,"

"Sh, be polite, Robert Waltz ." admonished Sophy . "You're a "The Writer's Cramp judge, and I expect good behaviour here."

Robert Waltz smiled. "It's okay. She has a coffee mug, I have my beer mug. From one mug to another, I'm happy."

"Aren't you happy to meet us?" I asked, a little indignantly.

"Where there's beer, I'm always happy," Robert Waltz responded.

"This meeting shall now come to order," Sophy declared, in an official tone. "We are here to discuss the agenda for the day."

"We have an agenda?"

"Sh, Robert Waltz - I told you to behave. Yes, we have an agenda. You see the new emoticons that Writing Dot Com released today."

"I do see them, yes."

"Well, it's obvious we're going to open a virtual cafe. We have *Burger* and *Cheese* and *Yogurt* and *ForkSpoon*."

"Don't forget the *Coffeetogo* and *Croissant* and *Cereal*," Lilith of House Martell piped up.

"Yes, yes, we have all those things. Now today's meeting is very important. We have to decide the flavours, especially for the *Yogurt* ."

"We have people from all over the world, here," eyestar~* said. "It must appeal to everyone's taste."

"I know what Sonali would like," Lilith of House Martell said, winking at me. "She'd like CHAAT flavour."

"You're right!" I replied. Chaat is my favourite Indian street food.

"I'd like ..." Robert Waltz was going to say something, but both Sophy and deemac , who know him well, cut him short.

"No, Robert Waltz we're not having beer-flavoured yogurt," they said in unison.

Robert Waltz looked a bit hurt. "I was going to suggest strawberry. All cultures like strawberry."

"I guess we can close the meeting," Sophy chuckled. "Getting Robert Waltz to mention a flavour other than beer is like getting Christopher Roy Denton to mention something other than chocolate!"

"Why isn't Christopher Roy Denton here?"

"Who says I'm not?" came a voice. It was Christopher Roy Denton . "Sorry I'm late, but I was hiding my chocolate. I know SOME folks here who have their eyes on my stash."

To my surprise, I wasn't the only one who looked guilty. I gasped.

"Lilith of House Martell ? You've stolen his chocolate before?"

"Yes. That time when you stole it, you gave me the idea. I waited two weeks till he let down his guard, and then I got into his stash."

"This isn't a confessional, people," Sophy yelled, calling us to order. "It's a convention. Now then - we have strawberry. What other flavours?"

"Hey, Sophy , all this food talk has made me hungry. Think we can take a break while I grab a bite?" deemac asked.

EVERYONE seconded that.

The convention is now on a snack break.

Stay tuned for further flavours. I mean, developments.
© Copyright 2022 THANKFUL SONALI 17 WDC YEARS! (mesonali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2280015-WDC-Virtual-Convention-my-imagination