*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2280482-the-Invasion-of-the-Khan
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Dark · #2280482
the Invasion of the Khan for Writer's cramp
Word count 989
{font: times}

         The world ended, on September 10, 2008, when the "Large Hadron Collider" came into existence. The extent of the damage became clear thirty years later after the LHC accidentally created a secret wormhole–an undetected hole in space and time that was quickly filled with the ancient murderous alien race known as the Khan found they could jump into our time/space from their time/space located one hundred light years from earth. The Khan had long mastered interstellar travel using wormhole technology, but they had not yet discovered the earth, as our electronic transmissions showing the beginning of an industrialized civilization first appeared in their long-range sensors. They then looked for indications of wormhole technology and discovered that we had accidentally stumbled upon the beginnings of the technology and thus deemed humanity as a potential threat.

         President Al Alphonso, the self-proclaimed, "the people's pal," had erupted out of nowhere and became President, running on a hard right populist platform to restore American greatness by restoring traditional Christian principles.

         On his first day in office, his science advisor, Sydney Aller, rushed into the WH with important world-shattering news. President Al had little knowledge or interest in scientific matters, other than ensuring that the US remained the world's leader in military power and technology. All part of his right-wing persona, including hostility to intellectuals. He had vowed to purge the academic world of radical leftists and was a climate denier.

         President Alfonso said,

         "Sydney, it had better be important."

         "Mr. President, the large Haledon collider, has created a rip in time and space, a giant wormhole. The bad news is that there is a fleet of alien ships flooding through."

         "What does that mean?"

         "The end of humanity, perhaps?"

         The TV screen went blank. A giant flash occurred, and the Pentagon, CIA, and State Department buildings disappeared. Power and the Internet went down for an hour. They later learned most other capitals were also hit. The White House survived for now.

         CNN:

         "Breaking news. The large Haledon Collider has accidentally created a wormhole, a hole in space and time. Enemy alien spaceships are pouring through and attacking the earth. We have lost contact with the Pentagon, CIA, most military bases, and governments around the world. The White House is still there. Over to the White House for an important announcement.

         "What the… Who the….. are you? What do you want?"

         A giant eight-legged spider-like creature dressed in a combat uniform walks around the White House desk, shoots and kills the President and all of his advisors, and motions to the camera crew to continue broadcasting, and then he picks up the President and his advisors and arrogantly tosses the bodies aside.

         " Now, that I have gotten your attention, people of Earth, greetings. I am a commander of the Galactic Empire. You can call me Commander Zero. My real name is not important, and you can't pronounce it, anyway. Thanks to your opening of a wormhole through the large Haledon collider, we were able to easily come to your planet. We have taken over the Earth and added to the empire. You are now subjects of the Galactic Empire.

         I regret the necessity, but to ensure stability and order, we will terminate those of you who will resist the new order, including all of your political and business leaders and anyone who opposes us.

         It is very simple. I am in charge. My troops are in charge. You will report to training and assignment centers shortly. Until then, stay at home so that the security forces can come by to interview you.

         Unfortunately, most of the security forces do not speak any of your archaic languages, so there may be some miscommunications. That's why you should stay tuned to the television, radio, or internet for proper instructions. When they come to your house, they will have you fill out a questionnaire regarding your family background, history, and skills. We will relocate most humans to other countries, to make sure that no one can organize any resistance to our rule.

         We will terminate old people, disabled people, obvious sexual deviants, drug addicts, degenerates, religious people, and people who refuse to follow orders. My advice is don't try to be a hero, because we will kill you. We will talk about religion in a moment, but we are doing this for your good. We believe in eugenic cleansing, and you have too many febrile, useless people. Your society tolerated weakness. We do not. Your society tolerated sexual deviants. We do not. In the galactic empire, women and men are different and women are used for reproduction and training of children. We will assign men to work. We will assign women to become teachers, and caregivers, and work as assistant nurses and other traditionally female jobs. We will separate families. We will take children to reeducation camps for proper education. We will only allow 100 million babies to be born each year. We will reduce your population to two billion people.

         The master race needs the help of human beings to build the new order. Therefore, we will release all prisoners. We will give those prisoners who wish to join the new order jobs as security specialists. Their job will be to help to build the new order. We will give them good jobs, salaries and property confiscated from the old elitist fascist pigs that so exploited your people.

         We are abolishing your earth languages. We will teach everyone the galactic standard language at your workplaces. We will expect everyone to begin speaking it immediately. After one year, we will execute anyone who continues to use languages in public. Use of other languages on the phone, television, and radio or in your private homes will be illegal after one year. We will teach all children only the galactic standard language. We will execute anyone teaching children or adults to read or write any other language.”


         NEW PROMPT: Tomorrow, September 10, is Blame It on the Large Hadron Collider Day. From that link: "Blame It on the Large Hadron Collider Day was created in 2008 to shift blame for losing things from the people who lost them, to the Large Hadron Collider. 'The Large Hadron Collider probably has your car keys, your missing socks, and your rent money perhaps sucked into a black hole,' one source notes. The day takes place on the anniversary of the date that the Large Hadron Collider was first fired up in 2008." Write a story or poem blaming... something... on the LHC.

         Alt opening to my unpublished SF novel, "Giant Nazi Spiders." I wrote this after reading the famous essay, "the Dark Forest" which answered the question of why we have not been contacted by aliens. It took the view that any advanced civilization that somehow manage to figure out how to travel through interstellar space would be hostile to any other race and conquer them as the Europeans did to the Native Americans and Africans during the colonial era. Humans should not try to find aliens and hope that they don't find us. I dreamt up the Khan after a dream I had that haunted me for almost 20 years. I need to dust off this novel, clean it up and publish it. My Spiders are Nazi spiders and quickly determine that they hate humans who refuse to be told what to do, and they were atheists determined to destroy earth-based religions. The rest of the novel is about the resistance to the Spiders.


© Copyright 2022 JCosmos (jcosmos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2280482-the-Invasion-of-the-Khan