*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2280497-Cobwebs
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Davep
Rated: 18+ · Draft · Adult · #2280497
Finding a love interest after a time
Cobwebs

Through the open window the sound of a cockerel heralding the day floated in.
From under the light covering, that lay lightly upon the her curves the lady, stirred and turned, a limp arm cascaded from the cover and lay outstretched.
The night had been warm almost uncomfortably warm, she thought sleep would evade her yet here she was, oblivious to the breaking dawn.
The sounds of life started to fill the day, bottles gently clinked as the milkman made his rounds, birdsong the occasional passing motor vehicles brought the cacophony of village life together!
It was the weekend and as such Nicki allowed herself the little luxury of a lay in. No need to get up and rush off to work, no need to fight the traffic, indeed no need to really do anything!
The sun had risen sufficiently to cast a shaft of light into the room through the open blinds of the window.
Aware of her dry mouth, Nicki opened her eyes. As she stretched and yawned the cover slipped away. It mattered not as she was already feeling warm. Soft tousled blonde hair framed a youthful face, the swell of ample breasts and the gentle swell of her tum bore testimony of child bearing. She was attractive petite curvaceous and she felt as sexy as she looked.
Yet her bed was empty!
Having got up and traipsed about the house in her stretched and shapeless favorite T shirt and pajama bottoms, she breakfasted like a bird upon two slices of dry toast, and a cup of tea.
With her back to the kitchen units she leant back and looked out of her window at her garden.
Garden a loose description for a plot of grass a fruit tree and a collection of plants in pots, she thought to her self!
Stepping out of the shower feeling refreshed she looked at herself in the mirror.
Naked she straightened up, pulled her shoulders back, turned left and right, turned around and craned her neck to peer at the reflection.
Despite deciding she could do with losing a few ponds here there (and woman doesn't think that!)
She was quite content with herself.
She moisturised and went into the bedroom and blew dried her hair and dressed casually for the day.
Sitting outside the coffee shop in the sun with Jenny chatting and watching the shoppers go by they discussed their week.
Jenny bemoaning that her car had failed it MOT and had been quoted £600.00 to put it right!
She joked about the merits of buying a tandem the cost of petrol these days!
Nicki mused on about her garden or rather the lack of it!
"Why, don't you get a man in to do it for you.You know, what get it to a stage where you can manage it yourself?"
"Oh, I don't know what I want Jen. I am just fed up of looking at it, as it is, something and nothing!"
"Aww, come on Nik, you must have some idea what you want by now, you haven't touched it since you moved in 18 months ago.
Get somebody to came around, to give you some ideas and costs!"
"Ha, easier said than done, have you tried to get any tradesmen to come around lately? Oh they make appointments, you wait in and the conviently forget to come around, or have an emergency on, and again forget to call and say so!
No a waste of time!"
Jenny, smiled and took another sip of her coffee and changed the subject.
The muggy heat continued, air seemed heavy. The Swallows flew low in the evening as large anvil shapes clouds started to build.
Nicki found sleep hard to come by lay on her bed naked, the fan pushing it's feeble breeze over her, the thrum of the electric motor did it's best to lull her into sleep.
It had hardly felt like sleep, as she was awoken to sound of deep rumbling thunder, and the room was momentarily lit up, like a photographers flash going off, and then a few seconds later, more deep rumbles that seemed to vibrate right through her.
She was still hot and sticky, the fan had stopped working, she tried the bedside light, nothing.
Having felt her way to the bathroom she was sat on the toilet. The room lit up briefly a whitish blue, and she was confronted with a ghostly looking reflection of herself in the full length mirror.
Shocked, she scared herself as the thunderous crescendo filled the air. Quickly she gathered herself and laughed. The laugh didn't quite cut it, but it was all she could muster!
Padding down the stairs holding onto the rail she felt her into the kitchen. A fresh spider's web ambushed her as she went through the doorway. A cold shudder went down her back as she passed her hand across her face, dragging the stickiness away, she could just hear the tear of the silk, before another salvo of thunder did it's best to rip up the night. Rain was bouncing off the double glazing, sounding like so many marbles rolling around in a tin!
Touching to coolness of the fridge door, she pulled it open, to still more empty darkness. Placing her hand along the inside of the door, she found the square packaging of the orange juice carton, and unscrewed the top. She swigged straight from the carton. No need to stand on ceremony here.
Carton in hand she made her way back up the stairs, wary of more surprise webbing!
"Useless!" she uttered as she brought her mobile to life, only to find no signal, and of course the wifi was down, no Lecky!
Amazed Nicki awoke some time later to a subdued morning light.
It was still raining and the Lecky was still off!
It felt cooler, the air smelt cleaner to, as if that might be possible, but was how it smelt!
She got out of bed and kicked the empty juice carton over. No wonder she needed the loo if she had finished off that carton in the night.
In the grey light of morning the naked reflection did little to scare her as it had the night before!
She didn't feel tired, but energized. She must of dropped off during the storm and gone deeply to sleep, slept the sleep of the dead her Gran would of said!
A cup of tea would of gone down a treat, but no electricity. No mobile!
A glass of water was a poor substitute, she grabbed her book off the window sill and she stopped, to look at her garden. The storm had devasted it, fence down and the single pear tree uprooted!
And who's trampoline was that upended on the lawn
The woman from the insurance company got back into her little Ranger over convertible and gave Nicki a big lipsticked smile and a wave as she pulled off.
Nickie had taken an instant dislike to Deborah.
"Please feel free to call me Debs, most people do!"
Bottle blonde, tits and ass and dressed to maximize the effect! It was not hard to see how "
'Debs' got along in her business! Nickie was not often so judgemental about people but some just, pressed her buzzer and 'Debs' was one of those.
She, looked at the fences that had been stacked up by Nickie's son Pete and his girlfriend who had come to help her out as soon as it had stopped raining. The uprooted pear tree was still prostrate across the lawn. It's roots had taken the dividing fence line with it.
'Debs' was busy writing and talking into her phone, when Nickie was explaining to her about the bits and pieces 'Debs' seemed dismissive of her, cocked her head to one side, and gave a saccharine smile,
"Don't worry my dear, this all within there cover of your policy. Extreme weather phenomenon!
I have a string of claims in this area from that storm and mini tornado!"
Being called my dear by this painted tart only confirmed Nickie's gut impression, but she just glared, said nothing and was glad to get the go ahead and get quotes for the repairs.
Nickie now thought, that it was time to do more than repairs while the garden was in such disarray. She was actively looking at articles in magazines and on the web. This was going to need help and expertise that she felt was a little beyond her, but she wanted to be involved.
She needed a gardener / handyman, nobody expensive, but somebody reliable!
Gardeners had not improved Nickie's view on tradesmen. None had been on time, two had been quite vague on when they could the job and the costing. The insurances preferential had not been bany less condiscending than 'Debs!'
Then a chance conversation with a patient at one of the surgeries gave her a new avenue to pursue.
In one of the local villages there was a family run bakery. A Portuguese family who's eldest son had left the Royal Marines and become a tree surgeon and dabbled in a bit of landscape gardening!
What had she to loose, and he had the patients recommendations!
She waited for his details.
Martim Ribereo
Tree Surgeon / landscape gardening services
On site shredding, stump removal
"Happy to take on the jobs nobody else wants.
We hang tough and see it through!"
Free quotes
And I guarantee to turn up!
Nickie rang the number provided, and got through to a languid voice that seemed calming and tranquil.
" Sorry I cannot take your call at this moment. It just means that I maybe busy, cutting limbs of a tree, somewhere out of range!
Please leave a message and brief disruption of what it you are enquiring about. And I shall endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible! "
"Please leave you message now!" The robotic voice cut in. The same evening Nickie's phone rang, the number was showing Martem Ribereo Tree Surgeon.
"Hello!""Hello. Is that Mrs Caxbury?
This is Martem, the tree surgeon. You left a message about a tree removal and some subsiquent remedial landscaping!"
"Yes, that's me! But please call me Nickie." ( Oh no! I am turning into that tart, Deb's! )
Martem's voice came through with the local dialect but with a very slight accent!
The conversation concluded with Martem arranging to come look and discuss the job with Nickie on the coming Wednesday after 6pm!
That was very prompt of him to ring back, and he seemed very knowledgeable and actually seemed interested in her points of view on what she wanted. That was more than the others who just wanted to do what was easier for them!
His voice, led her build up a mental picture of the source!
Wednesday would tell!
All Wednesday afternoon, seemed to go slow.
She had two home visits to make. Nickie liked this part of her job as a practice nurse dedicated to the elderly and their wellbeing in the community.
The first appointment had dragged on a bit longer, as Mrs Stanger's home help had been delayed, and she wanted to be present to discuss, Mrs Stanger's stoma and her need for cleanliness, as she was apt to leave the bag on for too long, risking infection and the likelihood of toxic shock!
To be fair the home help was on top of her job it was Mrs Stanger's blazë approach to her condition that needed tidying up.
Nickie got on well with Mary Stranger, and Mary took direction well off her. Mary didn't much care for the young carers who came twice a day for her, but where on a strict time allocation for each patient!
Twenty minutes late she arrived at Percy Burrows bungalow.
Percy was out in his garden cutting sweet peas.
Percy loved his bungalow and his garden, he kept himself clean and presentable, at 78 Nickie whished more of her charges could be like Percy.
Today's visit was to catch up with Percy and how he was coping with his recent move up the Diabetic scale to daily injection and monitoring.
Percy said he was fine, a bit thirsty at times but okay.
When Nickie checked his test kit there seemed to be more test strips than she would of expected. Percy was not testing as often as he led her to believe.
Was Percy forgetting to test or did he genuinely think he was testing?
Always aware of dementia Nickie slipped gently into serious nurse mode!
Back at the surgery, Nickie backed up her notes to the intranet and made an appointment for a cognitive test for Percy just a preliminary precaution!
Looking at her watch Nickie saw it was 1650, she could knock off, after all she had worked through lunch as usual.
Driving back the 20 mins to her house in the quiet Cul d sac, she found her mind Wondering to the owner of that fluid voice!
Home she dumped her hand bag on the side and went to the fridge and poured a glass of cold white wine, the glass condensated in her hand as she slowly sipped. The weather was still warm but pleasantly so after the storm two weeks ago!
The storm, the damage. Fuck! 1745 that Martem fella was due, "Fuck, shit bugger blast!" She blurted and downed her remaining wine and rushed upstairs to shower and change!
[8/14, 6:09 PM] Dave Price: Bugger!
She was still telling herself dry and there was knocking on the door!
"Why can't he late like everyone else!"
She muttered as if it would make a difference as her knockers refused to cooperate as she dragged then up her still damp legs!
What to wear?
Knock knock.
"Hang on, I will be down in a minute!"
She shouted at the open top portion of the window.
She heard an indestinctable reply that she took to mean ok!
Slipping into her bra, she looked at the variety of clothes hanging conviently on the door handles of her built in cupboards and curtain rails, all meant to have been put away, but hey who's going to see when you live on your own!
Shorts? (No good God let's not frighten him!)
Skirt? (Yeah! Since when do I wear shirts?)
Oh bugger it let's put my work slacks back on and that loose shaped top that is always a good stand by. (Why she worrying it was only workmen!)
A dark figure filled the frosted glass of the top panel of her door.
As she opened the door, a dark haired man in soiled work clothes had his back to her.
Hearing the door open he swung around!
"Fuck!" Was all she gasped before she could clamp her hand over her mouth!
'Dream boat' she stifled!
(Dream boat!, What! Was she turning into her Nan. Dreamboat, FFS give me Percy's appointment quick!)
Marten faced a bespectacled blonde with one hand over her mouth, doe eyed!
Not the usual greeting he got but a change all the same.
"Hello, err... Mrs Caxbury?
Marten Ribereo, sorry we did say 6pm!"
Her hand still across her mouth, " Yeshhh"
The hand removed, "Yes, sorry yes we did. Sorry I was a bit late getting away from work. I am used to people turning up on time!"
All the time she was drinking him in through her eyes.
Dark skinned, an outdoor tan, but he would still have a colour to him in winter.
Short dark hair, a rugged face, youthful but a little worn, and those eyes! Brown as horse chestnuts but chestnuts didn't twinkle like these.
His mouth was moving but Nickie was not hearing!
"Mrs Caxbury did you catch what I just said!"
Marten was looking at her staring up at him!
At a neat six foot Marten was a smart 15 stone specimen, an ex Royal Marine he kept his fitness of body, mainly for his manual work. Cutting trees was no saps work!
At 31 he had served his country, two tours of Afghanistan and some other adventures that out great country would deny!
Now he made his way, lopping trees and selling firewood, he also dabbled in charcoal burning, selling it at a premium for being local and sustainable. And he did the odd landscaping job.
Mean while back at the ranch! Nickie was overawed with having a cross between George Micheal and Enrique Iglesias on her doorstep!
"Yes, yes!" She stammered
"This is the mess I spoke to you about, what do you think?"
Her gaze was diverted by another young man who was obviously Martens helper!
"Oh! This is Brad my Co worker!"
"Hi!"
"Hi Brad!" She replied.
Brad was of a slimmer build mousey haired, shorter than Marten and wirey with it!
"What do you think?" She said getting herself together. (Shit, I have no makeup on no lippy what do they think of me!)
"Well the fencing is no problem, it just depends on what you want, the same again or something a bit fancier, we can juggle the figure to suit your insurance company!
Can you explain a bit more in detail what it your thinking of when it comes to the landscaping!
Forget the pear tree that will go no problem and we will take out any remaining root system."
After about 20 mins, Marten shook Nickie's hand and Brad and himself reversed out and away.
Nickie went inside and poured a large glass of white as she recounted the last 20 minutes
Nickie's phone started to ring and Martens number was showing. She let it ring out as she was in the office on a team's call!
"Hello! Marten I have a missed call from you, sorry I was busy and couldn't pick it up!"
"Yes Mrs Caxbury."
"Nickie, please. I haven't been Mrs Caxbury in real since my divorce, I just kept the name for convenience!"
"Ahh, yes Nickie. Just to say your insurance company have given me the OK to start your fencing etc. Now how does this weekend coming sound to you? I really would like to start on that tree and remove it to give us room for the rest of the work, starting on the following Monday. Do you have any problems with that?"
"Marten, no, no not at all I will just be so pleased to get it started!"
"Ok, Nickie. I will see you Saturday morning just after 8 am."
And with that he was gone.
Wow that is good, I can get my repairs done and my garden sorted before the end of the summer!
Saturday morning Nickie was up early, she was not getting caught out again! Washed and dressed by 0730 unheard of, by her usual standards. Having even selected a pair of figure hugging jeans and her new blue and white hooped tshirt. A little eyeliner applied and a pale pink with a hint of shimmer lippy. This was as much as she did for a night out with the girls, these where only workmen coming!
Stood at her sink looking out at the fall tree, still green leafed, it was managing to cling onto life somehow drawing what it needed. But soon it would be put out of its misery!
The sound of a heavy diesel engine gave away the arrival of the Landrover pickup with it's two occupants.
Marten and Brad, similarly dressed in cargo trousers, tshirts with the company branding, high laced up boots, they looked the part as they reached into the back of the pick up and started to unload, a chain saw, petrol can, some rope.
Nickie went out to meet them.
"Morning. And on time too, that is better than most I can tell you"
"Yes morning to you Nickie. It doesn't do to late on parade! We want to get this old chunk of wood tidied up and out of the way. So we can start your fencing come Monday. We like the rule of P's! Don't we Brad?"
"Rule of P's?"
"Explain the P's to her Brad."
Brad was the shy one of the two of them. Martem being more confident and a natural leader, liked to get Brad involved, he saw it as a bit of a laugh that brought Brad out of his she'll a bit!
"Uhh, yeah back in our days as grunts! Sorry Marines our instructors at basic training used to enjoy telling us at every opportunity:
Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!
And it sort of sticks with you!"
Nickie laughed.
"I will have to use that down the surgery sometime when the computers next go down and we can't do anything!"
She also noticed how Brad had coloured up, talking to her!
Brad turned away and started to lug the chainsaw over to the tree!
"Can I get you boys a cuppa?"
"Please, two teas NATO!"
Nickie looked non plussed
"Two sugars and milk" Marten added
"Oh, right"
"NATO standard, another hang over!"
"I can see this is going to be an education with you two!"
"You will be ok with us, we like a good criac, don't we Brad?"
"Yeah, we will square this away for you no problem."
Nickie went back inside to make the tea.
Nickie, busied herself in the kitchen on tea duty, but also taking a keen interest in the men at work. They had both donned some cumbersome looking over trousers and gloves and helmets with face guards.
Brad was taking off the leafy smaller branches and pilling then up, while Marten dissected
the bigger branches.
Brad came a stacked the larger stuff into the back of the pick up!
Both me worked well, the sound of the chian saw was, quite noisy but necessary.
A few of the kids from the neighbouring houses gathered to watch the men.
Marten knocked at the door and brought their empty mugs back.
"Is that hint?" Nickie smiled.
"Well we never say no to a cuppa and a biscuit from a pretty lady!" He winked and gave her a cheeky grin.
"Biscuits as well, next you'll be wanting the world and sixpence!" She scolded back at him.
"I will see what I can do!" She gave him a head toss, flicked her hair and returned to the sink to wash the cups up!
(He's assured of himself, and good looking too, I bet he has a few women on the go. Mind you I can see why.)
The two men continued to fill the pick up.
Nickie carried out two teas and a plate of biscuits on a tray!
The men turned hearing the chunk of mugs.
"Look Brad, she has even brought us biscuits, what no Hobnobs?"
Nickie was just about to react, when she saw Marten looking at her grinning.
"Ignore him, I'll eat his!" Brad cut in.
"Your a cheeky sod aren't you? Anyway how is it going you look almost done. You can't be too much longer, I am nearly out of biscuits!"
"That's me told then!" Marten putting on a sad face and using his big brown eyes to maximum effect!"
(God he is gorgeous she thought to herself!)
"Come on drink up, work to do, you can't let yours P's go cold!"
"What, peas?"
"Your P's. Piss Poor something or other!"
"Ahh yes!" And both me looked at each other and chuckled.
Marten addressed her and said
"I am going to take the truck back to our yard and unload. Brad is staying to finish off the cutting. When I comeback and load up again we should be done for the day.
I will stop and get some Hobnobs on the way back!" That grin and look in his eye!
"Make sure you do, and get the chocolate topped ones if you want to spoil me!" She quibbed back as she strutted off back towards the house, leaving the two men to watch her shapely arse and hips sway!
Marten turned to Brad, "You'd have your hands full there mate!
Come 12.30 the men where packing up, the pear tree was just scar on the lawn surrounded by so much sawdust that had been mostly raked up!
Nickie had to admit that the men had done a good job and tidier than she thought it would be!
Stripped of their protective gear, obvious damp patches showing dark on their t-shirts witness to the effort that they had put in.
"Thank you, it looks alot different now with that tree out of the way to space looks a bit bigger, it's surprising!"
"Well, hopefully we can it looking a lot better for you next week. Fences back up those raised beds put in, that decked seating area and the paved BBQ area too!
Talking of which, I have been thinking, and want to ask your thoughts about this!
In BBQ area your obviously going to have to buy a BBQ. You showed me that stainless steel pizza oven your son has got at his house. How about we out do that for about the same money?
You know my Dad has a bakery in Ritchley. I could get him to build you one of the traditional ovens that are used all over Portugal, you know the type the domes white washed type. I think that would set that corner off a treat, and also be decorative and a talking point. And I could supply you the wood for it?"
Nickie, liked what she was hearing, she smiled.
"And do sell fridges to Eskimos too! You have an angle on everything don't you!"
"Be careful Nickie, he doesn't miss a trick, charm the scales off a snake him!" Brad ventured.
"Always, looking out for the customer!"
"More like your wallet, a good job most of this is getting covered by the insurance company, how did you manage wangle that?"
"I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you!" He laughed
Brad was stood looking at Nickie.
"Come on you, let's get going or the last I'll see of you is your shoe laces!
Brad blushed and moved off to the passenger door.
"Ok Nickie, see you Monday morning."
And Marten jumped into the truck. Beaming at her through the open window, he reached out offered her the packet of Hobnobs.
'Keep these for Monday!"
"Ha, you'll be lucky if I leave you any you cheeky twat!"

They all laughed.
She did their banter.
The truck loaded with the last of the Pear tree pulled off in a cloud of blue diesel smoke.
Later that night in bed, Nickie found herself thinking of Marten and his easy way of chatting with her. She was surprised to find her hand had slipped between her legs and she was tingling down there!
Hmm it had been a while since any man had visited there!
Monday 0730 and the rough sounding diesel came into view and parked up with an attached trailer loaded with fence panels , posts and bags of postcrete!
Nickie was ready for work she walked out to greet Marten and Brad!
"Morning" she called
"Look out Brad, she's dressed up for us mate!"
" Ha ha! Very funny, I see your still full of it!"
"It?"
"Yes, rhymes with Bullshit!"
Brad sniggered, "She has you figured out already mate!"
"I have left you the makings for own tea and biscuits, sorry I am at work and will be back around 5pm. Try not to make a mess. A mess is deductible from my bill!"
"Oh Mrs!" Marten feigned offence!
"Brad, being the responsible adult between the two of you, I will place you in charge in my absence!"
"No problem Nickie, I will keep him in check!
See you later!"
Nickie, picked up her bag and walked to her car and drive off to work!
As she pulled away Marten gave her the wink and a wave!
Nickie, rolled her eyes at him!
She couldn't help but inwardly smile to herself!
"She's a feisty one that Nickie, right up your street Brad!"
"Fuck off, mate! You know it's you she likes. I am just a Klingon"
"Haaa! You know I am happy as I am. I just play them along for you! I've seen you looking at her.
She is attractive!"
Leave it out Marten, these older ladies are all over you, not me. Yes she is nice, but I know I am not in with a chance, even if I did fancy her!"
"Even if I did fancy her!" Marten aped.
You want to grab yourself a woman and settle down mate. Forget those tarts and those unmarried mother's you been doing. Get yourself a real woman!"
"Oh like you, you mean!
"Fuck off, twat! You know that's different. Not your scene! Anyway me and Gill are solid, about the same age difference too!"
They got on stringing out the fence line, still schimffing at each other, their usual work mode
The men had cracked on during the day most of the fence line had been replaced.
When Nickie came back just after five, both me were stripped to the waist.
Brad was lean and tattooed, Marten broader not overly muscled but good arms and smooth bodied no body hair!
"Quick cover up, the boss lady is back!"
Marten always quick to quib.
"Wow you guys have been busy while I have been away. How is my kitchen Brad?"
"Ouh, fine, I washed up and put the stuff on the side."
"Looking good lads, here I bought you these just now at the COOP, I thought being warm you'd be ready for a beer? I only have prosecco in, your welcome to a pint of that, but somehow I don't see it being your thing!"
Brad took the four bottles of Cobra that Nickie offered!
"And no drinking and driving mind you, you might spill it!"
"No chance of that, it won't even touch the sides, thank you. I left you some Hobnobs.
Martens big grin filled his face, as he used a conviently bottom opener on his key ring.
"I see you are once again prepared. Don't tell me that P thing again right!"
"No, he's just a pisshead!" Brad got in quickly.
"I guess your off now?"
"Yes, back same time in the morning. I want to start your raised beds and dig out for the paved BBQ area!
That will give me the scope then for the decked pergola.
So Friday night BBQ and party at Nickie's?"
"Marten you are a chancer, how does your girlfriend put up with you?"
"That's easy. She doesn't!"
"Bet, I will see you in the morning. I've had a hard day and want a shower. And no before you offer, you can't!"
"I wasn't going to, only offer Brad!"
Poor Brad nearly choked on his Cobra, his face scarlet.
Bag on the side, and straight upstairs for a shower.
Nickie stripped off and jumped into the warm flow of water. No shower cap, just let that water wash off the day.
Eyes closed she recaptured the two men bare chested, chatting and drinking their beer in front of her.
Only she puzzled the difference between them.
Brad lean and wirey with a smattering of tattoos against Martens broader but less defined frame and how smooth his body was, lacking in chest hair, in fact for a Latino ancestry he was lacking!
Odd!
The sound of that rough note cut through the sound of the shower, she was head back soaping herself, just enjoying the moment.
The suds cascading down her pendulous breasts, before leaping for the shower basin floor. As she turned to rinse her front off, had she craned her head around, she would of caught sight of her heart shaped arse in the full length mirror. Wether Nickie knew it or not, she was the epitome of some men's fantasy.
And she was an object of Brads desire, only Brad was not too good at showing it
"Morning, fellas!
I hope you are well rested, not too many beers, I aim to crack the whip, if you fancy. BBQ come Friday you best pull your fingers out!
Marten bring your girlfriend, I would be interested to see what type of woman keeps a man like you in check?"
"I see you got out of the confident side of the bed this morning Nickie."
"Touchè, I thought I'd put the ball back in your field!"
"Brad! Come save me!"
"Oh, has Mr confidence and charm not turned up today? It's a good job I like you!
The same as yesterday keep it clean.
Brad, thank you, for hoovering and mopping the floor!"
"How did you know?"
"It's my house sweetie, I know! See you later."
Bag in hand, she walked to her car, she was in a good mood, but what had got into her, all that sassiness where did that come from?
It felt good!
A new Nickie was beginning to emerge. She had long been cocooned since her divorce, a mouse. Now she felt the time to reclaim that lost time!
Nickie had been married to Carl for 15 years.
The usual stuff young love, she was a student nurse not long out of qualification. He was a carpenter himself not long out of apprenticeship.
It was the end of the eighties, 'loadsa money and wonga time' big hair, Dynasty, nightclubbing and raves.
Young love, turned into young marriage, a small do it up property, a mortgage and before you know it a baby on the way!
Things went well. Carl started out on his own, he worked long hours, but did good work and son had a good reputation. Things steadily grew, a yard soon followed and a fleet of vehicles. Carl became more office bound and a manager. His home life was comfortable in his eyes, a good life style, but he just didn't put that much time and effort into the relationship as did the company!
Nickie was left at home with young Peter her career on hold, until Peter was at school and then it was only a part time arrangement, but it was good to get back into work and have new friends and social out let's.
Eventually they realised that they where only sharing a house and a bed, and that the spark had long gone out between them. A mutual break up was agreed. Although hard at first, Nickie found her independence a relief and a breath of fresh air, she was able to re find herself. Not that she ever felt lost, just well stifeled!
There was still a good relationship between her and Carl. And Peter although close to his mum had a reasonable relationship with his dad, all in all things had a happy balance.
In the 8 years since her divorce Nickie had not taken on another relationship!
Her friends used to tease her and tell she should go out there and grab herself a man. Use it before it heals up, how's the cobwebs?
For all the teasing and banter Nickie, just didn't get around to it or fancy it. She wasn't a bed hopper or a one night stand type of girl!
She didn't want to just give it away. She liked intimacy, she was tactile, loved a kiss and a cuddle, maybe a little old fashioned by today's use them up, wear them out and move on culture.
There had to more, and then time was no friend either, just the wrong side of fifty, by her standards.
Her friends would tell her she looked youthful, she was attractive sexy and bubbly, with a great personality. There was absolutely nothing wrong, she should get out there and kiss a few frogs!
Nickie, just didn't feel it!
When Nickie looked in the mirror she only saw imperfections.
A bit of weight here, a bit there, her boobs that she was once proud of,well shaped and defied gravity had now sercumbed a little over the years, but by no means had the become 'Spaniels ears', no they rounded up and gave a good collectage, the right bra and correct cup made all the difference thank you very much.
And it was true she did feel bubbly and people often commented that she was a smiler too!
It was not all bad news, but she definitely thought there was room for improvement!
Margot at work always told her she was attractive and sexy, but she was just too blind to see.
"Women after a certain age, can rely on physical attributes, sun, time, gravity and child birth see to that! But you can fill in what's missing by being, sexy, a little mischievous, nothing wrong in being a coquette at times and a temptress at another. Men love intelligence and allure and the hint of something naughty!"
The first time Margot had said that to her, she was shocked! Margot was in her sixties, she dressed well and was never over made up, but just enough. She was a draw at the front desk, not a flirt, quite firm but she did have a certain way of looking over the top of her glasses. A way of cocking her head and casually flicking a hair back into place!
Nickie had seen this in action and was fascinated how Margot controlled the men!
Margot smouldered
Work on the garden progressed steadily, the daily banter between her and her labourers was always jovial and she looked forward to the verbal jousting!
'Morning Margot." Nickie breezed in past the reception area.
"Morning Nickie, how's your garden going!
You still got those two 'studs' hard at it? I don't know how you can bare to pull yourself away!"
"Margot, your bad!"
"Bad, Moi. There's plenty left in this kitten yet, by sounds of what you told me about that Martin guy, I could grind his gears!" She pouted and ran her tongue over her lips provocatively!
"Margot! I rest my case, your terrible."
"Sticks and stones, Nickie, stick and stones."
Nickie was already on her way down the corridor to her office. She was smiling to herself as she opened the door to her office.
( That Margot was such a bad influence, always the life and soul of the party, no night out was dull with Margot. And it was true, Margot could still pull the men, she lapped up the attention of those a good 20 years her junior. Although married, Margot had no problem enjoying herself!
Nickie giggled to herself and sat down to work.
A knock at the door and Margot popped her head in.
"Hey, how's your cobwebs!"
"Margot, you have no decorum do you?"
Smiling mischievously,
"There is a nice young man asking for you in reception. Says he has your house keys!"
Tongue in cheek, she gave Nickie a long slow wink!
"Anything I should know, is this a left over from the night before?"
"Margot!"
"Anyway, he in reception, he has a certain thing about him, bit shy."
"Who can blame him being shy around you, you hussy!
I will come and rescue him from your clutch's!"
"It's ok he is perfectly safe with me, I have no need for your cast offs!" And she strutted off cackling.
Sighing at Margot, Nickie got up and walked to reception.
Margot not finished, pouted her lips and nodded her head towards Brad who was stood looking out the rain streaked window.
"Hello Brad."
"Oh hi Nickie, I thought you'd be needing your keys. We have been rained off, I washed up and locked up for, but didn't know if you had keys to get in?"
His back to the reception desk and nobody else around, Margot continued to pout and blow kisses at Nickie, who desperately wanted to give her a withering look!
"Yes, thank you Marten called. That is very thoughtful of you. Yes no use getting wet and doing a bad job, it is dreary out there. I expect your used to it though?"
"Yeah, a hazard of out type of work, we are going to look at some trees that need pollarding, so no rest. I am meeting Marten there. Here you go and see you tomorrow!"
He turned and walked past Margot who was pretending to be professional and busy!
"Nice feller, has he got a big chopper, he looks like a type who could put down roots!"
"Have you finished with you puns? Your terrible, I was fighting to keep a straight face!
"I am sure I don't know what you are on about! I am totally ever the professional!"
"Professional wind up more like!"
"Jealousy
The next day, the weather was fair and Marten and Brad where there fo 0730, the familiar tractor like sound had announced their arrival.
" Morning lads, tea?"
" Of course, need to keep you busy!" Big grin and a wink! As ever Marten was irrepressible.
"Will it be finished today, seeing as you had the day off yesterday?"
"Day off, did you hear that Brad a day off! We may not of been able to do much here yesterday, but always have a back up. You know P's"
She rolled her eyes, "I'll go make the tea shall I?"
When she came back out with the tea, the mini mixer was in action as Brad shoveled in materials for bedding down the paving slabs.
Marten was on his phone.
She placed the tray on top of a bag of cement. Brad straightened up and smiled at her.
She looked at Brad an started to see more about him. Margot was right there was something about him!
"He's on the phone to his dad, we got to pick up your pizza oven, that he has made for you. I'm looking forward to lifting that, they are bloody heavy."
"I am looking forward to seeing it all in place, then all need to do is to get planting!"
"What I would do, is throw a party and ask everyone to bring a plant off a list you provide, a bit like a wedding present list!"
"Hey, that's not a bad idea Brad, your not just a pretty face!"
An awkward silence for both, was broken by Marten beaming, " Pops has finished that oven and says we can pick it up after 2pm!
What's up with you two, some farted?"
They all laughed and Nickie slipped off to work
"Margot, look after my drink, I need to go to the loo!"
"Oh, ok. Good luck they where bloody busy earlier take you emergency tissue!"
Margot turned back the group of women on the girls night out!
Wet floor, overflowing bin, a girl fiddling with a false eyelash her friend talking to her from the cubicle next door!
Nickie grabbed the other vacant cubicle, pulled a face at the bowl, and flushed the cistern.
She undid her jean and slid them down before she hovered over the seat careful not to let it touch!
On her way back to join the girls, she spotted a couple of faces she knew at the bar.
"Hey, what brings a pair of tarts like you here, slumming it are we!"
The group of boys at the bar turned in unison to look at, who was interupting their chat .
"Hey Nickie, I didn't realise the bingo had kicked out early?" Big grin
"Guy's, this the lady we did that bit of fencing and landscaping for. You know the feisty one I told you about!" Another wink in her direction.
"Can I buy you a drink?"
"Yes why not, a sanatogen wine and lemonade please!"
A collective groan was let out at the put down!
"See, I told you she was good!" Marten recovered!
Brad was shaking his head and smiling.
"A large Pinot Gregio if your still buying, has your missus let you out again, or does she just need a rest from your comedy?"
Another collective laugh and some rib poking!
"What! What did I say that was so funny?"
More laughing.
Marten still chuckling turned and ordered her drink.
Brad kicked her foot and gave a head jerk to come closer into him.
"Nickie, you really don't know do you?"
"Know what Brad?"
"Marten's partner is here, Gill!"
"Jill? Where?"
"No Gill, as in fish have gills! Marten and Gill are partnered up! Arther and Martha, that's him the slightly older guy!"
Talk about, foot and mouth, Nickie just wanted to shrivel up and die!
Marten gay!
What a waste.
But then things started to click into place for her.
How fucking dumb are you? She thought to herself.
Marten handed her, her drink. He leaned forward and kissed her cheek, and said, " Don't be shocked, we are cool with it, come meet Gill, he is no bitch like me! I liked duelling with you!
Gill, meet Nickie, be nice, she has only just found out!
Nickie glanced a Brad who only shrugged his shoulders!
Gill was really nice, well groomed gentleman you never have guessed!
A tap on Nickie's shoulder.
"Your drink is getting lonely without you! Who are your friends, they look like they need some company. Hey there's that cute guy who brought your keys the other week!
Before he knew it Brad had Margot's ample cleavage in his face as she hugged him.
"Brad stand too! Quick tie a plank across his feet or we will loose him!"
Roars of laughter.
Just like Margot, Niki thought
The evening had turned out to a better laugh and good time as Margot got the rest of the girls to join them.
Not all the men in Martens party where gay, however they where mostly ex forces and long time friends, some single and others pretending to be so!
Nickie managed to pull Brad away onto the small dance floor.
Out of his work clothes he didn't scrub up to bad, his shyness persisted, to a lesser extent.
"You could of said!"
"Said what? Oh by the way Nickie watch out Marten is gay!"
"And you?"
"Take guess!"
He grabbed her and pulled her int his body and kissed her!
She felt herself responding and they lingered, tongues entwined.
Nickie, became aware of a certain hardness pressing into her lower down!
The kiss parted and they held eye contact.
"That was nice." Tumbled from her lips.
"That is something I have wanted to do for a while" he said
They embraced again!
Their interaction had not gone unoticed by a few eyes!
Back at her house the kissing and exploring had carried on.
On her couch, they kissed, his hands running through her hair, caressing her neck. She could feel the want and need rising in her. She pressed into him and him her. Hands running over the outline of her breasts encompassed in her bra.
(Oh God, don't let him stop, I am enjoying this, but I don't want to be too eager, do it do it, get my tits out!)
Brad was made up and excited. Nickie was all woman, curves in the right places and fuck, she could kiss! This was full on passionate kissing.
This lady had been neglected for sometime, wow she was passionate and sexy!
Her bra unleashed he gently found her form and raised her nipples to stiff peaks that elicited moans of delight from deep within her.
The settle soon out grew it's usefulness.
Nickie braved.
"Do you want to go upstairs and be more comfortable?"
"If your sure, lead the way!"
She lead him into the bedroom, bare boards, bed side cabinets and a turned down double bed.
"I just need to go to the loo." And she disappeared.
Brad, amazed at how he had arrived to this point, and certainly not disappointed, he had and ache in his goin that needed relief!
He slipped out of his trousers and light shirt, a stepped out of his underwear and socks.
He got onto the bed, his lower portion not quite covered by the turned down quilt.
The door opened.
Nickie in the sanctuary of her toilet gave herself a talking too!
' What is happening? This is soo not you!
Hang on a moment, this guy is nice he has not pressured you this far!
He can kiss and wow he makes me feel sexy and wanted!
How long has it been?
This is pure lust, enjoy it!
She wiped herself dry, and then soaped and flannelled herself. Insurance she thought!
A deep breath and she walked to her bedroom and opened the door!
Monday morning and Nickie walked into work.
"Morning." she breezed
"Morning! Is that all you got to say for yourself!
Get your ass over here and spill the beans you dirty harlot!
Come fill Auntie Margot in on the filth you got up to with slow burner, yes I saw you leave with him. Come on!"
There was no relenting from Margot no matter how much she protested.
No was not an option!
"Well .......
"So basically your telling me you managed to pull one of the UK's Olympic cunninglingus team.
No wonder you have such a grin on your face. Does he have a friend! No don't answer that, I am not a man!
"So! No more cobwebs!"
© Copyright 2022 Davep (davep at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2280497-Cobwebs