*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2284101-Begin-Again
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2284101
Flash Fiction
Begin Again

“What kind of a cauldron is this?” Glenna grumbled.

“It’s the best I could do. Don’t be so picky,” Tish said.

“I’m not picky! I am just trying to be a tad traditional...”

“Well, traditional went out the window when you lost that bet with Deanna. How could you be so careless!

“Haven’t we’ve been through this enough?” Glenna said, obviously hurt by the remark.

“I’m sorry, I know it wasn’t your fault. If that sneaky snot wasn’t so good at lying, you wouldn’t have been tricked. I should never have left you alone with her.”

“How could I be so naive?”

“If not you, I would have been, she fooled us both. She is really good. It’s too bad she is so evil, she could have been such a friend. Anyway, let’s do our best with what we have.”

“Right, cauldron, red wine, peanut butter, six ants...”

“I thought seven?”

“You’re right,” Glenna said looking back, “I am still thrown off by this whole thing...”

“Well this is our chance to fix it. Get another ant.”

The rest of the list went well and they began the boil, and the whispered chanting. As soon as the mixture solidified, suddenly there was a knock at the door. They looked up excitedly.

Rushing to the door, as if they had been giving out candy all day. They opened the door. There stood Deanna.

“Trick or treat!” she practically sang. And Tish smiled and dropped the ‘candy’ in her bag.

Suddenly there was a flash and they looked up, their old house was back around them, and all their own things still there. And standing in front of them was Deanna, a year younger than a minute ago and wonderfully clueless.

Tish looked at Glenna and smiled, “And the fun begins now...”
© Copyright 2022 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2284101-Begin-Again