*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2284429-Bonnies-Book-Shelf-Bother
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Comedy · #2284429
A young woman gets stuck in a bookshelf while looking after her best friend's book shop.
Twenty-three year old Bonnie Johnson was looking after her best friend Penny's book shop one afternoon when she accidentally tripped over a book on the floor and watched in horror as her phone flew out of her jacket pocket and through one of the shelves of a large bookcase and onto the floor behind it.

The curvaceous glasses wearing young brunette, who was wearing her favourite pink sweater with a denim jacket over the top of it and a short dark blue skirt with black tights cursed her clumsiness then quickly picked the book, which was a copy of the enormous turnip and put it on the counter then quickly ran over to the bookcase and stuck her hands through the shelf but unfortunately, her phone was just slightly out of her reach.

Bonnie tried to move the bookcase but it was just too heavy and wouldn't move a single inch as she decided to go through the shelf instead and said, "This is definitely going to be an extremely tight squeeze but I really need my phone, I can fit through there, it's not that small," as she then tried to put her concerns about possibly getting herself stuck due to the shelf's rather small size and her curvy figure to the back of her mind.

The young woman took off her denim jacket and put it on a nearby chair then stuck her head through the shelf and after a brief struggle, her entire top half was soon inside, leaving only her hips, backside and legs sticking out, giving anyone who walked in an excellent view of her lower half.

Bonnie quickly found her phone and made sure that it wasn't broken then jokingly wiggled her behind and thought about how ridiculous she must look right now before trying to back of the shelf but was absolutely shocked to discover that she couldn't.

The young brunette's eyes grew extremely wide as she said, "You have got to be kidding me, maybe sticking my entire half through here after that big lunch wasn't my smartest idea ever," as she placed her hands against the bookcase and pushed and pushed with all her might but still the shelf just simply refused to release its grip on her.

The now concerned and slightly frustrated Bonnie said, "This is absolutely ridiculous, let go of me, you stupid bookshelf," as she then tried to push and wiggle herself free again, even putting her left foot against the bookcase for more leverage but still she just simply wouldn't budge and was hit with the realisation that she was in fact completely and utterly stuck.

The young woman said, "Oh, it's just no use, I'm stuck, curse my curvaceous figure and love of biscuits and sweets," as she then decided to call Penny but was horrified to discover that her phone was out of battery.

She then called out, "Help, could someone please help me, I'm really stuck here, help," but unfortunately, no one was nearby to hear her voice.

Bonnie put her phone in her sweater pocket then realised that she should probably get herself comfortable because she wouldn't be going anywhere anytime soon after remembering that her best friend wouldn't be back for at least another three hours.

The young brunette spent another fifteen minutes unsuccessfully trying to push and wiggle herself free again following a brief rest and said, "All this pushing is just making me tired," as she then looked at the bookshelf next to her which was labelled, "Literary Classics."

Bonnie looked through the books and said, "Oh my god, these all sound so boring, who even reads books anymore, it's just a fast and more entertaining to watch a version of it instead when she then suddenly found," From the Earth to the Moon: A Direct Route in 97 Hours, 20 Minutes," by Jules Verne.

The young woman said, "Well, this sounds mildly interesting, I might as well read it, I have nothing to do," as she began reading the book and was shocked to find herself sucked into the story and just couldn't put it down.

Bonnie said, "Wow, that was so good and what an extremely interesting way to get to the moon, I wonder if this guy wrote any other books," as she then found Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Seas and began reading through that as well.

The young brunette was halfway through the book when she suddenly heard laughter coming from behind her then a voice say, "Oh my god Bonnie, why on earth is your backside sticking out of a bookshelf, are you stuck in there, there's literally a line of customers standing there," and realised that it belonged to her extremely confused best friend.

Bonnie said, "I'm sorry Penny, I didn't hear anyone come in, I was reading this Jules Verne book, it's really good and yes, I am stuck, I was getting my phone, could you please pull me out of here?"

The only slightly less curvaceous young blond, who was wearing a short red dress with white polka dots and black tights said, "Wow Bonnie, I never would have down as a Jules Verne fan and don't worry, I'll happily pull you out of there," as she then quickly grabbed onto her best friend's hips and pulled and pulled with all her strength.

The young woman said, "OW, Ouch, OW, Penny, that really hurts, please put your back into it because I'm not moving, OW."

Penny said, "I am putting my back into it, how on earth did you get yourself this stuck," as she placed her feet against the bookcase for more leverage and pulled and pulled even harder, but it was just no use, her best friend just wouldn't budge.

The young blond said, "It's no good Bonnie, you just simply won't budge and have certainly wedged yourself in there tight, I'm really sorry that I hurt you, could someone please help me pull her out of here, I promise I'll let you all pay for your books in a minute."

A young couple at the front of the line named Mark and Linda quickly put down their books onto the counter and walked over with their daughter Lilly.

The young man joked, "I think I know why she's stuck in there, it all comes from eating too much."

His wife said, "Mark, that's not nice and you're wrong, it actually all comes from not having book selves big enough for curvaceous young women like her."

Mark replied, "You're probably right honey, don't worry Miss, we'll soon have your friend out of there," as he quickly grabbed onto Penny's waist while Linda pulled her husband's belt.

Lilly grabbed onto the hem of her mom's short black skirt and joked, "This is just like the enormous turnip," as everyone began laughing.

The young blond quickly grabbed onto her best friend's hips again and said, "All right everyone, Pull," as everyone pulled, tugged, and heaved with all their strength.

Bonnie, who was still reading her book said, "OW, Ouch, OW, that really hurts, I'm going to be yanked in two, OW," as she was stretched to her absolute limit as the epic tug of war continued until suddenly, a loud POP sound was heard.

The young brunette was pulled from the bookshelf in the bookcase at last, sending everyone tumbling backwards into a heap on the carpet.

The now overjoyed and very relieved Bonnie said, "Thank goodness for that, I'm finally free, I was stuck in there for so long," as she hugged everyone and thanked them for rescuing her.

"It was absolutely no problem, I guess you getting yourself did lead to one good thing, you finally read a book, it took you long enough," joked Penny as everyone began laughing at the ridiculousness of the entire situation.

The End.
© Copyright 2022 Kieran1998 (kierannorth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2284429-Bonnies-Book-Shelf-Bother