*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2285211-Great-resignation-promise-change
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Monologue · Business · #2285211
Observations of a Technology Professional on the failings and successes within a company
2020 seemed to begin a period of history which contains a great many changes to the status quo (or at least reintroduced many to older problems which were buried).

We were all forced to look within ourselves and the society as we worked from home and we ate together again at the kitchen table.

Our employers were forced to try and figure out how to manage remotely. Many couldn't adapt to the idea of not physically watching employees.

Some were approaching the age of retirement and figured it would be best to just to call it quits.

Many decided to push hard on 'digital transformation' aka replacing internal employees with technology and remote or external vendors.

Some companies had all three occur.

The foundations to these companies (the employees with over 15 years experience) saw the cascading problems about to occur and left as well.

This left companies without experienced workers, with lots of new vendor (rented) employees and with inexperienced leadership.This occurred from mid 2020 to end of 2022. At that point, they needed to hire experienced workers to keep their companies from dying.

The Management had no choice but to realize they couldn't function a company on completely rented employees without providing guidance and oversight. However experienced professionals are good at their craft and are not really interested in being educators of a revolving rental workforce.

State and federal government projects which hire oversight companies to oversight the project is one example of sometimes the concept of how bad it can be when the company itself doesn't want to keep employees and foster their skills. Most of if not all of these projects go over budget and over time and not adequately oversight.

Management has their own internal problems as a great many are MBA executives who had little to no real world experience. They go to places such as Gardner to get all their ideas. Hire hundreds of consultants who want to stay forever within a business and will lead them down that path. Their visions are to simply chase the concept of efficiency. Growth and Vision of a company is just because you toss enough things at a dart board with the cheapest work force arrangement possible.

The idea that their rented employees can be arranged into projects by project managers only problem this means a lack of experienced folks (the ones who know how to get things done in maintainable manner). Rented employees are only going to duct tape everything together they don't need to support it an did they do they do it by the hour during the middle of fire drills for extra cost.

At this point, I will get to the positive part.
This great resignation has brought about the fact wages will go up. Positions of architects, high level managers, managers and those who can join knowledge with the vision of the executives are needed. There is a great demand for idea folks... Since most of the vision has left these organizations and everything is about numbers now.

The most successful executives we're the ones who founded companies and those who worked in the industry at the lowest levels and figured out how the machinery actually works. Folks such as Carnegie, Rockefeller, Bill Gates, Ford, ... The list goes on. Our current crop of executives are in need of guidance and a willingness to learn and be true leaders.

I feel this is a time of change, as those companies which stay true to their vision and to their employees will succeed and others will fail. This will be a slow tumble though perhaps they will manage to catch themselves, if not.. There will always be cloud companies to work for. (Cloud companies the next wave forward for my next monologue)

© Copyright 2022 Codemancer (alpodz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2285211-Great-resignation-promise-change