*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2285269-Different
by Louisa
Rated: E · Chapter · Writing · #2285269
One girl, two personalities.
Tall, a slim figure and a pretty face, this girl was charming, but also a mystery. She had a merry, high-pitched voice that was normally bubbling with enthusiasm, but it was hard focusing on that when she was staring at you with her murky brown, lifeless eyes. For some reason, they were always narrowed, even when she wasn’t angry. Her thin, arched eyebrows didn’t seem to go with her cute, tanned freckled face either. Then there were her cheeks. They were similar to a doll’s, chubby and rosy, but the rest of her body told a different story. Not only was she as thin as a stick, but it was as if she’d never seen the sun in her entire life.

Then came her auburn hair, which had to be the most exquisite part of her. On one side, it was a total disaster of messy, tangled curls that stuck out in any and every direction, but the other half was the complete opposite. It was straight, neat, simple and well-groomed, like she spent so much time making sure that one side was perfect, but couldn’t be bothered to do the same for the other. And if her looks weren't peculiar enough, she had an equally unique style. Bright and cheerful designs on top paired with dark, goth-like fashion from the waist down. It really was a wonder how she managed to look so warm and friendly, yet so cold and unwelcoming at the same time.

The one thing that did match with her unusual appearance was her unpredictable personality. Some say she’s the life of a party, filled with energy and hanging out with large groups of people. She struck up a conversation with anyone she laid eyes on. So calm and laid-back was she that nothing seemed to bother her. But others had different views of her. They say that she’s very distant, roaming about the town with no exact destination in mind while muttering to herself. If someone were to say so much as a single word to her while she was lost in her train of thought, that person was for sure about to get lashed out at, and then flashed with the most menacing glare. It was like a totally different girl had replaced the lively, extroverted human being.

And that wasn’t the only thing constantly changing. She goes from having the grace and agility of a swan to clumsily knocking, dropping, or smashing anything in her path in just a matter of seconds. Or she could remember a small event that happened over a decade ago, yet couldn’t keep track of what day it was. Many claim there’s something wrong with her, but there wasn’t. This was just the way she was.

Despite the girl spending a lot of her time in the city, she didn’t actually live there. Her home was set in a forest. In the morning, the scenery was of tall, voluminous trees, bearing healthy green leaves. Walking along the dirt road while feeling the cool air brush against your skin was like heaven. The sky was a beautiful pastel blue, and birds were often happily chirping. However, when night time came, the scene completely changed. It was near impossible to see anything in the pitch black darkness. You couldn’t go anywhere without smacking your face on a thorny branch, or tripping over some bumpy roots. And even once in a while a nerve-wracking, faint growling noise could be heard.

Believe it or not, she liked this. Sometimes the forest was likeable, sometimes it wasn’t, just like her, which was why she chose to live here. Except her house was nothing like a simple cottage or farmhouse. In fact, it was quite modern, with plain white walls, a slanted black roof, sliding glass panels for doors, and a stone pathway leading up to the front. It was strange that she wanted to have such a lavish, extravagant home when there was no one to show it off to, given that she lived alone and pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

Even the house’s large, impressive interior never stayed the same. On some days, the whole house could be in great shape. There wasn’t a smidge of dust anywhere, and nothing would be out of place. Sunlight would be flooding in through the windows, a nice fragrance could be smelled, and many a time music would be playing as well. Overall, the atmosphere would be all cozy and welcoming. It wouldn’t be like this after a while. Give or take a week later, every single curtain in the house would be drawn, and very few lights would be switched on. Clothes were usually in a heap on the bathroom floor, in desperate need of a wash.

Random items would be strewn all over the living room. Roaches would be crawling around the kitchen. A musty, old scent would linger about in the air. Basically it was as if the place was suddenly abandoned. But soon, as if nothing had happened at all, the place would be back to its fun and happy atmosphere, and vice versa. Once again very strange, and the only person who knew why this occured and how all of this started was the girl herself.
© Copyright 2022 Louisa (galaxygurl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2285269-Different