*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2286079-Stormy-Morning
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2286079
Flash Fiction
Stormy Morning

Sitting on the front porch of our rental cabin, looking out at the beautiful Atlantic. Being from a middle state, this view of the ocean was just captivating.

Our cabin was on a dirt road, with just a short walk of small hills of sand between us and the ocean. More expensive than a few blocks over, but our first visit to an ocean in any direction, so we splurged. We could walk to the water anytime.

As I sat there I watched people walking by, this morning not so many because it was warm, but windy, and there was a storm coming.

Ten minutes had gone by since the last walker had passed. I was daydreaming of myself in a rich hierarchy and me right at the top, staring out at my very own ocean. Suddenly a woman came running down the beach, bursting my daydream.

As she got closer, suddenly she seemed to drop out of sight! The dune was there, but I knew she hadn’t just disappeared behind it, she fell!

I jumped up running to where I’d seen her last. Checking to make sure I had my phone in my pocket, in case I had to call for an ambulance. As I got to the top of the dune that had been hiding her from my view, I stopped short and then flattened myself on the sand!

She had fallen alright, right into the arms of a man who apparently didn’t have any trouble removing her clothes. He was also naked...

I dropped quickly, then crawled a ways to be sure I wasn’t seen. Once I got back to the cabin, I burst out laughing!

I decided then and there I wouldn’t share this with the kids. Well, at least until they were in their forties!
© Copyright 2022 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2286079-Stormy-Morning