*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2286341-Welcome-to-Elmwoods
by Markus
Rated: GC · Chapter · Other · #2286341
Telling the tales of Kana Elysium, heir of the Elysium Family
Kana Elysium is the soon-to-be heiress of the Elysium family, an upper class household dabbling in stocks and merchandise factories for Cartoon studios. She lived in an upper class neighborhood surrounded by upper class socialites. Whenever she ask for something or needed it, it would take a mere second to do so. A percentage of what the power of the rich can do.

Kana is a very apathetic person, perhaps she was born with it or stuffer from a mental illness. But throughout the years since she was born, nothing has made her happy, or sad, angry or even disgust. She's not afraid of anything, as proven by her countless collection of horror movies and ranking them on which one she had feelings for. She's not disgusted by the middle class, or even the lower class unlike her parents.

She also can't feel any sort of pain when it comes to physical contact. It might be because she doesn't have much feeling to begin with. Her skin is very smooth and delicate, so much that some people find it attractive. It's probably because of that many teenager from respected families wanted to marry her. She didn't feel anything for their affection though.

This lack of feeling stuff, it'll feel like torture if she could actually feel it. The numbness of it all created this bleak outlook of life, that nothing, not her family's standing, not the wealth or even the people around her have any meaning of sorts.

That was... Until she started spending time in her mother's private library.

Around the time she was 10, she started getting tutored by the best of the best in multiple types of lesson. It's started with Numbers to Algebra, Then exercise to even politics and many other heavy feeling lessons. All thought by these professionals, former NASA's and Athlete and so on.

It was then she discovered her mother's library, apparently it was nothing more than a decoration of sorts when the house was bought so the books were just photo props. Except for a few, some of these books were antique she bought during auction, she never read them so she let the English teacher used them for Kana's lesson. When the teacher asked to read said books and made a report about them, Kana started reading them.

They were novels, literature from a time different than hours, it took her some weeks to get used to the complex sentences and themes and meaning. But at the end of her reading journey, when she finally finished the last novel, a spark ignited within her. It was a feeling when the sun shines, this feeling of bright, a twinkle in the eye and a warm comfy feeling.

This was her first taste of one of her emotion, happiness. The feeling of joy and excitement. That was the match that light her candle, the books were a joy to read. She describe this new feeling to her teacher in the report. The teacher gave her an A+, as usual. Commenting on this new side of her.

Without realizing, Kana had became infatuated by books, not just novels either. Any piece of literature, a Comic, a Manga, a Manhwa, or heck even internet fan fiction, if it had words in it and it tells a story then she'll read it. Even newspapers and magazines weren't off the limit, certainly not even tabloids either.

But then her 12th birthday came up, she had already finished another book. But the joyful sparks, dissipated. It wasn't that surprising, after reading from the most popular, to the underapreciated to even the rare. She had gotten used to the tropes and cliché writing, the obvious poor plot lines and hooks and twist and character and setting and many other things.
She's fed up by this point, it's better if she writes one herself.

....

....

....That's not a bad idea. At times when she had English lessons with her teacher, She was given some task to make a short story. She gave Kana some books on writing tutorials and some basic plot elements to use as pleased. After that, she sat down with a notebook and started putting her own story together. She'd expected it to be awful, but the more she wrote, the better it got. At first, she had no idea where this was going, or how it would end. But when she finished and gave it to her teacher, a mixed expression appeared on her face, she felt the story is lacking in soul and emotion. Not surprising, perhaps a curse from your apathetic nature. But she then felt a potential, something that would appeared in the world of novel, a true best selling. Not those shitty 'Best Selling in New York' kind of thing, but the legit and appreciated kind, a legendary novel kind of deal. At least in her own words.

Kana was weirded out at first, but now she realized that what if this was her calling, to write novels and go on to become a legendary writer. She certainly felt ambitious about it.

Ambitious, the second emotion she felt. The feeling of wanting to accomplish a goal or a task, or both. Sure she has responsibilities being an heiress, but she didn't feel as ambitious, it was simply her parents choice instead.

It was decided then, she wanted to write novels and stories the same way those rare novelist had written their stories and legends. She wanted to know what her imagination entailed, what stories she could tell and what emotion she could felt when making and sharing them. At first she thought about asking for a typewriter for her 12th birthday party, but a laptop would've been fine either way. She had bolden herself, she decided to pursue this dream of writing literature. She's going to tell her parents that she's going to be a novelist, a writer. She'll still work as an heiress but she'll also produced storybooks and have them published.

She's asked her parents for many things that'll make her react, the most expensive and high-tech toys, gadget. Even a golden sandwich with those edible gold foil. And every time it's always a 'Yes' for them so obviously her dreams should also be-

"No. " Her parents said sternly, followed by a god awful rant lasting centuries. What the duck?! Why know, why did they said no to her dream?! She realized later on after pondering the question why. Her parents hated literature, for God's know when, how or why. This out of the blue hatred was the most stupidest thing Kana had heard, yet she could not comprehend it at that moment. It was just too irrational and nonsensical to be true. What the hell did literature ever done to them, it was their idea to hire to English teacher, of course she's going to teach literature.

What the actual fuck?!

Regardless, they gave her a laptop, state of the art tech from Microsoft, Apple and Tencent, built in wifi and VPN and some custom graphic and sound cards. Essentially a dope laptop. But only if she promised to never become a writer. To never write another story ever again.

Biting her tounge and clenching her fist, she sighed, and nodded.

Her room felt cold that day, colder than the laptop's metal cover. For the first time in Kana's live two emotion suddenly appeared. First, anger, at the absurdity of the moment, the fact she didn't realized that her parents hated the written text was baffling and confusing, many memories contradicts their sudden outburst. Worse is that she couldn't do anything about it, they're her parents. All the things she had now were bought with their money.

Which is where her second emotion kicked in, sadness. Suddenly her feelings changed towards her parents from loathing to outright hatred, realizing they're screwing with what makes her most happy. The dream of writing crumbles at their feet. It was a hurtful emotion, sobs of tears wet the bed. She wanted to start writing soon enough without her parent's restriction.

But what is she gonna do? She can't oppose people like them, or write in secret constantly keeping the joy of writing to herself and holding it in in social parties. No she needed something that'll guarantee her freedom to write and at chance get revenge on her parents. It was then she decided what must be done, a solution to end it all.

Faking her death.

But how is she going to fake her death? Even rich folks find that hard to do sometimes. You would need a perfect place, time and way to get 'killed' on sight. Afterwards you need a new ID and money to survive and a safehouse for all intent and purposes. It just seems impossible with all these things she finds unfamiliar and lacking as a skill. It'll never work she thought.

Until a flash of inspiration appeared, Her wedding near the edge of the sea clifts. Her parents had pre-prepared her wedding with the heir of Blessings Family. Another upper class family with similar powers and position as the Elysium's. The plan was to set them up and have them engaged to boost both the family's power with each other.

If Kana had thought about it more deeply, that was a shit moved they pulled on her. To be engage by some random prince who god knows what he's like a person, she was downright groomed into this positioned. She hated more and more the idea of living here any longer. But she needed to calm herself down. A proper planned after all, requires a calm mind to think.

The best way to get killed at her wedding, it needed to be easy to be believed in and hard to inspect the body. What if she get's shot, looses balance and fell from the clifts into the rocky waters, sure it might seems dangerous but there's a gap big enough between those jagged rocks to not penetrate herself. All she needed was the shooter herself. What better shooter than the infamous 'Caribbean Sniper'. A hired gun with a high chance to succeed in every mission. She heard news about this sniper, in particular the things the sniper will do as their mission. Even faking some death was on the table.

All she needed to do was research, find out who'll be at her wedding, the perfect place to shoot and the 'Caribbean Sniper' themselves. She would need to dedicate her life to this plan ti'll her marriage comes up.

First to figure out the locations, she grabbed the planner her parents used to plan her future, another sickening thing her parents have done. She read them and began jotting down potential hindrance and obstacles. From the amount of bodyguards to the amount of people attending. The she began researching each individuals, who they are, what they do, skills and abilities and how long their contracts last with her family. Then she begins taking drone pictures of the location, behind her mansion. Uses the photo she acquired to draw, jot and planned out the best way to get shot. All her plans would be stored in this abandoned shack her family owns during the 1900s, I'm sure no one will missed this place. She traveled there by a chopper who'm she rides it herself.

Next she'll need to know to create new IDs and hired said sniper. The best way to do those would be setting up the deep & dark webs. For that, she needed experts. She asked some IT workers and hackers her parents hired for corporate espionage. With their help, Kana was able to learn the basic of setting up. Using the etiquette and business practices she learned, she was able to hire a forger. She'd stashed these IDs in the shack.

Next is actually plotting the assasination, she would wear a custom body armor fit enough to protect from scars and small enough to hide in a brides' dress. Since she plans on falling of the clifts she would need to learn how to swim and trained her body for the cold. She had done the previous, getting lessons from a swimming athlete. But to resist the cold, she needed to swim on the beach of her family everyday every month every year.

All this set up and planning, finding key points she missed and any potential errors, revision after revision, for each year. She made sure the sniper was legit and trustworthy enough to do the job smoothly, which she's sure judging by the Assasin's ratings. The map was updated to fit the new geography as well. Everything needs to be perfect, every detailed updated and changed each year.

Then, Judgements day comes.
-----------------------------
Today was the day, your political marriage.

The groom is set in his place, the guests are at theirs, the bodyguards nonchalantly guarded their post, unaware of Kana's plot. The Sniper is right above the roof, aiming at you. All that's left is your parents, sitting at their seats, proud of their daughter on how she's grown into this proud woman, the proud heir of the Elysium.

They wished...

The bodyguards had left their post, from the chatter they seem to be called for something. Good, the diversion was a success. The marriage commenced, they stand on a stage, so close to the edge. The priest began asking for their vows. You made sure the shot had enough blast to propel you to the edge. Even the sniper confirms it. Finally when your vows were asked, you told them like how you practiced.

Before getting shot in the head.

© Copyright 2022 Markus (markusfilch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2286341-Welcome-to-Elmwoods