*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2287242-Twin-Christmas
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2287242
Twins learn the meaning of sisterhood.
It is easy buying gifts for twin girls. Especially when they want the same thing. I have two daughters: Amel and Olive. Amel was born two minutes before Olive. So she considers herself the older sister.

“What did you get us for Christmas, Mom, Dad?” Amel asked. Amel and Olive were dressed in their identical pyjamas. They looked very identical.

“Mom and I got you what you girls asked for,” I said. Then my wife and I presented the girls with two identical boxes wrapped in identical paper.

The girls screamed in delight.

Amel opened her gift first. It was a snow globe. Inside it there was a small house with a green door. On the door there was a tiny wreath and two stockings arranged in a crisscross pattern. There was a thin layer of snow on the house. The eaves of the house were draped with tiny icicles.

Then Olive opened her gift. It was an identical snow globe.

“These are so beautiful,” Amel said. The girls held their identical snow globes in their small hands as they admired them.

Then Olive gave her snow globe a shake to make the snow fall again. As she shook it, the snow globe slipped from her hand, hit the ground, bounced twice, then broke.

“Oh no!” Olive said. Tiny tears formed in her eyes.

“Don’t worry Olive. We’ll buy you a new snow globe,” my wife said.

“But I won’t have it for Christmas,” Olive said.

“Yes you will, Olive,” Amel said. And with that she handed Olive her snow globe. “This is my present to you, my sweet sister,” Amel said.

Olive hugged her sister. “I love you so much, Amel.”

“I love you too Olive. Just remember your older sister will always take care of you.”

My wife and I looked at our cute girls. They were our real gift.
© Copyright 2022 Mark Blenheim (markblenheim at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2287242-Twin-Christmas