*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2287573-Two-Women
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Arts · #2287573
Daily Flash Fiction W/C 299 12/29/22


"It’s here, hidden behind this curtain.”

Pulling back the heavy fabric, the golden frame shone in the moonlight streaming from an open window. Inside the frame Mona Lisa appeared for a moment, replaced by Whistler’s Mother. Back and forth the portraits rotated, first the young then the old.

“What kind of trickery is this? I didn’t ask for this.”


“I thought you might find it amusing. The old and the young, juxtaposed if you will.”

The buyer stood for a moment, transfixed by the changing portraits.

“I have to say, it is a bit spooky. How in the world…”

“So, do we have a deal?”

“But then again, I can get this at home. My wife and her mother. Old woman and young woman. Egads, man. I don’t want this on my wall reminding me of them all the time.”

The buyer stomped out, with his money, leaving Jordan alone with the two women staring at him in rotation.

“What are you both looking at? I know. He wants something different.”

The two women continued to rotate. Mona Lisa gave that smile while Whistler’s Mother frowned. “Enough out of the two of you. Now I’m stuck with you both. Give me time to think.” Jordan draped them with the curtain.

Later…

“I have to say, this is the most extraordinary work I’ve ever seen! The old and new, the yin and yang if you will.” She stood back, then smiled and laughed.

Jordan took the frame off the wall.

“Oh, don’t wrap it, I’ll take it to the car as is. I’d like to talk to the ladies on our drive home.” She gave Jordan an envelope full of cash and trotted to her car with the portraits.

“Ah, a fool and her money, as they say…”, Jordan laughed.

W/C 299
© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2287573-Two-Women