*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2287750-Cake
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Dark · #2287750
Daily Flash Fiction W/C 300 1/1/23


“There’s rioting in the streets, people’re going nuts! This is serious.” Jason grabbed Nicky by shirt, shook him til his teeth rattled.

“Okay, okay! Gees, let go.” Nicky smoothed out his shirt, took a step back. “Chill man. It’ll all simmer down. Just relax.”

“Relax? Relax? Are you crazy? How can anyone relax with the entire world going bonkers?” Jason started to pace the small room, then hurried to the window, pulled down the shade. “We’ve got to hide.”

Nicky wandered to the kitchen. He got two plates and two forks.

“What’re you doing? This is no time to eat. This is a crisis!”

“Like Marie Antoinette is to have said, ‘Let them eat cake’.”

“Are you nuts? We need to run.”

“Or perhaps you remember ‘fiddling while Rome burns’?”

“You’re insane!”

“What about ‘rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic’.”

“We have to move. They’ll be here any minute,”

“Then sit down, Jason. Eat something. We need to be fueled if we need to fight or run.” Nicky calmly placed cake on two plates then sat. “Come, eat.”

Jason sat on the edge of a chair, gulped down the cake in two bites. “There, now can we go?” He stood and glared at Nicky.

“Not until I finish and we wash up.” Nicky took a few more bites then took the plates to the sink and started washing.

Jason ran to the window, peeked around the shade. “They’ve settled down a bit.

“They’ve moved on. Relax.” Nicky started drying the dishes.

“No, they’ll be back. We need to hide!” Jason shouted.

Nicky took the cake knife and stabbed Jason in the back. Jason slid down to Nicky’s feet.

“I told you to relax,” Nicky told the dead man. “Now this is serious. I’ll have to wash this knife again.”

W/C 300

© Copyright 2023 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2287750-Cake