*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2287611-Welcome-to-Elmwoods-The-Waterparks
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Markus
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Adult · #2287611
Exploring the Elmwoods Waterpark with Jane
It has been about a week after Jane came here, the street punks that once harrased the receptionist hasn't come yet for revenge yet, thank goodness. That receptionist hasn't appeared either, she seems to secluded herself after that. As the day move on to the second week of the month, Jane had the idea of going out and explore the town.

Writing a novel to her requires inspiration and she can't formed one by staying at her room all the time, she had scouted a perfect place to start using the access ladders near the emergency exits leading up to the roof. There was a waterpark not far from here, based on the distance Jane could walk there from here for about 20 minutes more or less.

But there are still a lot she doesn't know about this town, having seen living dolls, small and big, as well as furry gangsters she wanted to prepare herself for worse to come. Fortunately she just have the right tools for the job; A stun gun with a voltage knob to adjust how powerful the shock would be, a stun batton as a replacement for the stun gun, the knuckles she had before and nunchuks for if all of them doesn't work. All fit in her navy green jacket

She also prepared a waterproof case for her laptop, in case it gets wet. For her swimming clothes she wears a black tight t-shirts and some exercise shorts to match. She kept her beanie though, for good luck. She doesn't planned on swimming though, merely a formal attire in places like that. Top it all of with her jacket

With all the preparations done, she left off her room and apartment. The receptionist table was empty as expected. Once she left, she slowly make way to the waterpark. She took a scenery of the town, the streets and the buildings and shops placed there. It was quiet and empty, no one walking on the streets or commotion of people chattering and talking, She'd be spooked had this was not her ideal place to make a novel. The eerie atmosphere is a blessing and opportunity for her to write a compelling ghost town scenery.

A few minutes later she arrived at the waterpark, it had no large billboard with it's name or some sorts which was odd since many waterpark has some sort of name to make itself different and stand out but this one doesn't. Regardless, Jane heads into the waterpark entrance and proceeded to make her way to the adult section of the pool, the one with the large water slides placed on the deep pool.

The smell of fresh chlorine, the chirping of the birds, the sea blue hued pool and the newly rising sun was a perfect scenery for Jane to write. She found an empty spot, a tanning chair that looks like it was woven and sat down there.

Before she write though, she noticed another strange thing about this place. It was the same as the town, there weren't many people here, not even employees. Getting into this place via the front was easy enough so it's not closed. She pondered about this for a bit but decided to ignore it, like everything else irrelevant to her writing. She decided this lonesome atmosphere though would be good in her settings.

But then, two more strange things started happening,

The first was a large pool shark that has been standing still on the pool. At first it looked like just some ordinary pool toy abandoned there, but when Jane squinted her eyes the still water gave away it's body. It had the same motive as the poolshark. It felt like this thing is watching her like a predator to a prey. Just her standing still not moving a muscle to the point where the pool was so still and calm was some hard to reach feat. She'd just write it in her story. Not wanting to disturb it.

[https://www.deviantart.com/loopzing/art/Poolshark-871914220]

Next was the strange pattern of wave in the other section of the pool, a jacuzzi filled with this dense ocean blue water. It's strange due to it's weird movement and opaque nature as the water seems more foggy and less bubbly than usual. At first Jane thought the Jacuzzi was on, but when she sees it's cable, they weren't pluged-in. It was then it revealed itself, a tall slimegirl with a bobcut hair that obscures her eyes and stares at her the sameway as the pool shark. Unlike the pool shark, she was smiling and staring as if she wants something from her.

[https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqblD74r3Nxjboxaizk4kyk107...]

She felt like in a standstill between the two of them, simply staring and observing what the others are going to do before you. It was strange, but she writes it down and describe the feeling anyways.

But then, those two started jumping out and one of them, the slimegirl had made a dash first towards you and ready to pounce and tackle you on to the floor. When she did though, Jane pulled out her stun baton and blasted a large volt of electricity into the slimegirl's body. It screamed in agony as chains of electric shock courses her droopy body, Jane kick the slimegirl on the head as far as possible, landing back on to the pool.

The pools shark began rushing in, preparing a bear hug to capture Jane. She noticed it's stance and also kick it away. It was much farther than the slimegirl, most likely do to how lightweight it was, as if the pool shark was filled with air. it landed just at the fences and trapped itself among the floaties pile there.

She checked her stuff for any damage, there weren't any thank god. But then you felt your feet with something cold and slimy, it was the remnants of the slimegirl's face. It began exerting the same energy as that plushie that clings to her leg, but just like that there was nothing interesting to sort. So she kicks it away and moved to somewhere where she wouldn't be ambushed. There is a large water tower accessible just near the waterslides, it's high up and secluded enough.

But as Jane made it there, she were stopped and greeted by a Lifeguard of sorts. She seems to came out of nowhere.

"Hello there, would you be interested in getting a job as a lifeguard, we're currently low personnel so if you want to help us out." She began offering a job opportunity, recruiting someone like Jane to work as a 'Lifeguard.' Tempting for her writing material, but she says no. Jane had already know the ins and out of previous lifeguards. by this point it had already become redundant to be a one now.

[https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQz43Am6s4xkoGdJ1M95RyeRZFM...]

But as she walked away, her hands were grabbed by the same lifeguard again and another burst of energy flow to her body. Like before nothing happened again, she pulls her hand free from the lifeguard and left without so much as a reaction. Not noticing the shock of the lifeguards face.

She found the ladder eventually after looking around to see if anyone, like the lifeguard, is watching her. Once she made sure the coast is clear, she climb those ladders, laptop tied to her front via a custom strap and reach the water tower. She sat down, trying to normalize her breath exhausted by all of that.

She felt she underestimated this town, after defeating those two monster she was tired, her mind wasn't clear enough for her cohesive story inspiration to kick in. For all she knows they could get back up and rampage endlessly. So many thing she doesn't know about this place gave her an idea to explore more with better preparation than usual. At least she now know what kind of creatures she'll faced when she'll encountered it again later.

After a few minutes of catching her breath, she desides to scout the area from here again. This time the area was a lot closer and clearer than before, so she needed to focus and observe for any info.

The first was that the lifeguard Jane rejected offered the same thing to another person. She doesn't hear her but her gestures were the same as before. When she grabbed the hands of this person, he slowly transformed into a duplicate of the lifeguard, without tanned skin and dirty black hair which was the same features as he was before. He panicked at first, but after a while it appears he was brainwashed into his new forced role. That victim soon transformed another one and so forth. After a while, a few lifeguards was formed and assembled into one spot of the park, where they started engaging with these other slime girls and living pool animals. They looked like they were herding them and direct where they should go like a herd of sheep

From here Jane learned two things, the lifeguard changes people into lifeguards and they can transform people as well. They also act like shepherds here for those creatures. The other one is the fact that people here actually exist, it's just that they were transformed before she could meet them.

This was an inspiring sight, she had already jotted them down carefully bits by bits, details of how they operate, transformation and relation with those creatures. She'd made sure these info was put to good used for her novels.

And so, after finally finishing jotting down the events unfold. Jane decided to end the day, after she scanned the area there were no signs of that pool shark and slime girl. They must've been part of that cluster the lifeguards were herding away.

She climbed down slowly, making sure the laptops wouldn't drop. Once she's down she walked towards the exit, avoiding the area the lifeguards were and those creatures she ran from. The sky's hue turned orange as dusk came, it appears she spend too much time just in one place.

The exit was visible now, all she needed to do was head there and go back home. She had finished writing down everything, all her things hasn't been lost or dropped so she's fine on that, doesn't seem like anyones here to catch and transformed her so that's clear as well. Without anymore hesitation, she walked towards the exit.

But as she did, there was a slithering sound, something is approaching her and by the looks of it, it was a slime girl. Specifically the same slime girl that was after her. "If she was here, then the pool shark must be..."

Just as on que, the pool shark had snaked behind her and bear hugged her. She struggled and struggled trying to get out of it's hold but somehow it's strength was much more powerful than before, although it gripped her tightly it wasn't hurtling her, it's more of a nuisance. Before long the slime girl was already at her face, with a chlorine smell coming out of it's body. It smiled with glee and joy at your entrapment before joining for a hug as well.

Jane's body was now covered in slime goo, her laptop was dropped near the exit, looked like it might be broken, she needed to check if it was okay, she has to, her entire life was on that laptop godammit and she wasn't letting any monsters from this waterpark hold her down like some plaything. This was the first time she felt something new within her, fear and panic.

She struggled herself to grab something out of her jacket, something anything, this 'hug' is slowly killings her. That's when she touched something, and use it to get free off those monsters. But what that something was was a knuckle duster, a spiked knuckle duster. She throws a punch right on the pool sharks leg and cut a wound as it screams in agony, the slime girl let out a weep and panicked at the sight, she lets Jane go.

Jane rushed towards her laptop, she checked the screen, the keyboards anything that might be damaged or ruined, she checked if it was on, gasping her breath at the mere thought of losing all her progress. It's all fine, everything is fine is what she's thinking now. And it was fine, the laptop had no damages that was at least to critical, a few scratches thankfuly. She was happy, for the first time in a while and glad nothing bad happened to it.

But her joy was interrupted by a weeping of one particular monster, the slime girl that had hug and slowly suffocate her was crying over the pool shark, who was holding the damaged leg in agonizing pain. It seems the air acts as blood to her, as it gushes out of it's body like a balloon gushing out air when it was released. Despite that, it's holding on to it in pain. Jane, seeing this, felt a tad pity, miserly filled her head with guilt.

True it was their fault for just grabbing and hugging her out of nowhere, anyone was going to react almost the same way had they were attacked by some stranger. But were they human? In the first place, these monsters had only show their physical affection to her, perhaps all she needed was to communicate in the first place, tell them off and maybe they respond without anyone to get Hurt? Maybe like shooing the animal rather than hurtling them...

Perhaps, but she doesn't care about this, not one bit. She'll just leave and forget this ever happened, yeah like so. Like so, like so. Like so. like... no...

At least, she needed to patch the pool shark. Lying near the security booth visible on it's windows was a flex tape and some scissors, it looked good enough as a form of band-aid. She grabs both of them and proceeded to tape the wound of the pool shark, slowly, meticulously and carefully to cover all the wound as to not let air out. The slime girl only stares, not giving any reaction and watched you fixing the wound.

Once covered, she checked the pool shark, it had lost air they slowly deflated into a sheet of paper. She needed some sort of pump and fast, she might just blow into it but would it work the same? Plus the location of the valve was more than awkward for her. But unlike the tape and scissors, no air pump was to be found here. Shit, the only way to inflate them back... Is to...

She took a deep breath, she opened the valve, and blows, blow real hard until it was full...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that was exhausting. Today was one hell of a day, she placed her laptop on the table, trying to process what had just happened.

She met the monsters. They were too invasive and attacked her while she writes, then the lifeguards appeared. She watched them herd these monsters like a pack of cows. All in all, it was a day at least.

When the pool shark had fully inflated, she stands, grabs her laptop and anything that was dropped and flee. Not wanting anymore attention, she didn't see the reaction those two had when she fully restored the pool shark, at least she thinks. The pool shark had inflated back when she saw it before leaving, it still moved and observing it's injury so at least that was something.

Jane's too tired to think about all this, she won't write this experience to her novel, too weird for her taste. Now she needs only her bed and some sleep.

But little did she know, two figures would pay their debts. With a breathtaking affections...



© Copyright 2022 Markus (markusfilch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2287611-Welcome-to-Elmwoods-The-Waterparks