*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2288101-Lessons
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2288101
Flash Fiction
Lessons

Mrs. Jensen walked back into the classroom. She she’d been in the hall mere minutes, speaking to the school librarian.

As she looked around the room, she tried her hardest to keep a normal look on her face, although shock, or at least, intense surprise was what she was feeling. She hadn’t heard anything.

When she walked out into the hall to speak with Mrs. Windsor diligently working on their posters.

Now they were frozen in place, staring at her from the other side of the room. Every student. And James had a lunch bag in his hand, upside-down, with no lunch in it.

As she opened her mouth to speak, every student put a finger to their lips, a silent “Shhhh!”

In her softest voice she quietly and slowly asked “Is there a problem here?”

Andrea tiptoed up to her and whispered softly... “We’re trying to catch the mouse...”

“A mouse!????” Mrs. Jenson screeched!

The whole class went crazy! They started yelling and running around, but the mouse escaped.

Later, after a lecture about schoolwork and mice and staying in your seat when the teacher leaves the room and such, Mrs. Jensen walked them all to the cafeteria for lunch, and recess.

She went back to her classroom. Reaching under her desk, she pulled up a small cage. “Hello Mick!” she said softly, pushing a slice of cheese in through the bars. “You did a great job today teaching my students to pay attention to the rules. Your reward is, you get to go home.” And she went out and tucked the cage back in her car. Unfortunately, Dennis Green saw the whole thing.

Mrs. Jensen’s favorite day that year was the day she promoted Dennis into Shirley class for second grade. The little brat deserved “Meanie Mc Phinney!
© Copyright 2023 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2288101-Lessons