*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2288215-Who-are-you
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Monologue · Other · #2288215
A thought about our souls
Who are you?

I'm an old man. I don't need more money or notoriety. I do feel the need to share my thoughts about who and what we are. After watching Avatar, seeing how they transferred a persons consciousness from one body to another, made me think about our body and our mind. Maybe, our bodies are simply machines that we are attached to. Maybe, just maybe, we are operating our body from someplace else like we control the little plumber in a video game.... Maybe you can take these thoughts and add your ideas to them and make them your own.... Have fun …. Gerry at dusty-guy@hotmail.com

The reflection in the mirror, is that really you? Maybe it's not the real you. Maybe, your body is simply a machine, an avatar that you are attached to. Think of it this way. A film maker makes a western movie and you enjoy watching the drama and excitement take place on the screen. Then the producer takes it a step further with a virtual reality headset and head-phones. Now, you see and hear the excitement and drama as if you are in the movie. You're jumping around, shooting your imaginary gun and interacting within the movie. Now, let's take it a step further. Now, you have all five senses. You can smell the hot dusty breeze and feel the hot sun beating down on your face, You can smell the stench of the barroom and taste the rot gut whiskey as it burns your throat. You feel the gentile touch of the whores arm around your waist and feel the bullet piercing your chest from her boyfriends gun. Bringing in all of your senses into play makes the movie real. You become the cowboy in the show. You look in the mirror and you see the cowboy. That's not really you. That's simply the character that you're attached to with the virtual reality gear. You can't see the real you in the mirror.

I'm not a bible thumper. When I quote the bible, often times people will ask me, “Have you ever read the bible?” I answer “No, but I saw the movie.” Main thing, this is not about religion. However, I believe that religion along with Mythology are history books that tells us how we got to where we are today.

First, we must decide who or what we really are. Are we the body or the soul within the body? Is our body simply a machine that we are attached to? Years ago, doctors believed that when the heart stopped beating, the person was dead. Today, the doctors believe that when a person is brain dead, they are dead. The fact is, when the soul leaves the body, the body is dead. Doctors have dissected the body to its most minuscule parts and have never found a soul. That's because they don't know what to look for. Here's an example. We turn on the TV and it lights up, with sound and a picture. We unplug it, the picture and sound are gone. We dissect it and we can't find the electricity that brought it to life so we assume the electricity doesn't exist. Our bodies have an aura that can be seen by using special equipment. Auras come in different shapes, sizes and colors. They are a form of energy, like electricity. They could very well, be pure intelligent energy. They could be our souls.

Let's take a moment and analyze energy. Electricity, the suns warmth, the ocean current, magnetism, Uranium and countless other sources of energy exist. Maybe even pure intelligent energy. An energy source that thinks, dreams and schemes. A living energy that has emotions. Feelings both high and low. An energy source that needs entertainment, a need for challenges and has emotions like love and hate. Could our soul be pure intelligent energy? Could our souls actually be the real us?

Imagine the film maker making the same movie over and over, The audience gets bored watching the repeated scenes over and over again. They lose interest. That's why the producer created the virtual reality aspect for the movie. To keep the audiences interested. Now, the movie doesn't start with the bar scene. It starts with the birth of the character. The soul is attached to the embryo and the soul has it's memory of past lives removed and is born as a fresh new actor in the game of life. The attachment of the soul to the embryo is not a moment but more of a process. It begins at conception and becomes fully attached when the infant becomes conscious. The soul in human form begins its journey as a living human being. Other life forms that think, plan, scheme and dream, also have souls. Life forms that simply respond to stimuli such as plants and single celled life forms like bacteria and viruses don't have souls. They were created to supply the food chain and add hazards to the game. Truthfully, I don't know if life is just a game or an education process or a punishment. Were we sentenced to serve time or did we buy a ticket to be here. You tell me.

Now, you might ask, “Why did I mention religion at the start?” Well, here's where religion plays a part. Mankind knew he wasn't alone. Too many things took place that wasn't natural. Men sensed there were other beings, other more powerful beings at play in their environment. Even though these other beings couldn't be seen or heard most of the time, their presence was felt. Men started referring to these beings as Gods. They found by honoring these Gods with gifts and sacrifices, the Gods would watch over and protect them. Mankind also felt there was something within him too. A spirit, a soul, a consciousness. Around the world, mankind developed various religions that worshiped the Gods and most believed everyone and everything had some sort of spirit. As time passed, some of the God like beings began to contact the men on earth. Sometimes in human form and sometimes by planting thoughts in the humans minds. Giving people ideas and tools to make their lives easier. The wheel, fire, the written word, many gifts were bestowed upon mankind. In return, mankind worshiped their Gods. There were many Gods and the Gods themselves were constantly bickering among each other over control of parts of the earth and other things. All of the Gods were violent. They created plagues, floods, droughts among other things for the sheer excitement these things caused on earth. The Gods loved challenges and drama. They loved pitting mankind against great challenges just to see if mankind could endure. Even conquer its foe. As time passed, man began controlling his environment. Planting crops and raising animals for food along with developing societies, towns, villages and countries. Some humans became leaders in society. They controlled other humans by enslavement or simply providing protection and food. People found strength in numbers.

Here's another approach to the thought. At first, they created Earth. Then they populated it with plants and animals. The planet was violent and dangerous with the laws of eat or be eaten. Everything was either a predator or prey. Sitting back and observing this scene was fun at first but became boring. The souls knew what the outcome would be so they needed to devise a more challenging, complex and interesting way to play the game. That's when Adam and Eve came into the picture. The souls began erasing their memories and deleting most of their powers and attaching themselves to the humans. They attached themselves to other animals embryos too. Main thing, the souls divided into two groups. One group would attach themselves to the unborn embryos and live on Earth while the other group would control the hazards and opportunities on Earth from above. Floods, famine, hurricanes to name a few of their handiwork. The souls on Earth would face these challenges and they would fight to survive. There was plenty of drama and excitement for both groups of souls. The group on Earth experienced fear and torment along with success and failure while the control group of souls from above couldn't say for certain how the outcome would be when the human souls engaged in combat or how the humans would react to every situation so the controllers were entertained too. Life was fun. The souls had a reason to exist.

By the variations of people, plants and animals in different parts of the world, suggests that the controlling souls above, were divided into several groups with the intention of creating their own varieties of life forms in their specific area. Some areas were populated with dark skinned people, in other areas, there were white skinned people. Every area had people with their own idiosyncrasies that differentiated them from others in other lands. Animals and plants also displayed profound variations from similar lifeforms in other parts of the world. There must have been some guidelines the controllers had to follow during the creation of these lifeforms but there was plenty of room for their imaginations to wonder.

The cavemen knew there were powers controlling their lives because the controlling group of souls couldn't keep from getting involved in the game. They were a hands on type of controllers. Sometimes they would contact the human souls on earth telepathically to warn them of a danger or tell them how to conquer their opponent. Often times, they would appear in human or animal form to communicate with the humans. The cavemen called these souls from above “Gods” and the cavemen knew that a happy God would help them and an angry God would make their lives a living hell so they started worshiping the Gods and they made sacrificial offerings to the Gods and they could communicate with the Gods through prayer, (prayer was a form of mental telepathy.) The humans built temples for the Gods so if they wanted to talk to a certain God, they would go to that Gods temple with an offering and pray. Often times, the Gods would help the people build their temples. The Gods would respond in several different ways. Sometimes by putting thoughts into the humans mind and sometimes by actually speaking to them verbally in human or animal form. Sometimes the Gods would simply change the situation for the human by removing the problem. The Gods had egos. They liked being worshiped. The Gods fought among each other when their spaces were invaded on Earth. The game was exciting. Violence and terror was the norm. There was drama big time. Gods would tell their worshipers to invade another Gods people. They would tell them to kill, destroy and enslave their enemies. Wars ravaged the Earth and the Gods relished the drama and excitement. Never a dull moment.

Some of the souls didn't like the idea of removing their memory and losing most of their powers and being attached to an embryo so they just created their own full grown human form and attached themselves to it while retaining all of their memories and powers. Then they happily roamed the Earth causing havoc and breeding with the humans. The offspring's from these trysts would have some of the powers of their soul/God type parent from above. Some of these offspring would become leaders in society. They would become Chiefs, Pharaohs, prophets, sorcerers and kings. Others would be feared and hated by their neighbors and would be forced into hiding. These would be our Witches and warlocks.

The controlling souls created monsters like Minerva and the Minotaur and several others for the humans to challenge. Flying dragons and flying Pegasus and Pan were some of their handy-work. Giants and giant reptiles and hoards of insects along with rats and disease are among some of the things created by the controlling souls to terrorize the humans. The Gods thrived on the drama and emotions created by these challenges. Today we think of many of the things as myths because we haven't seen them with our own eyes. We can't believe that Unicorns existed even though they are mentioned in the King James bible nine times. However, we can believe the Platypus exists because we can see them even though they're more bizarre than the other creatures mentioned in myths. We logically look at the pyramids and determine logically how they were built rather than looking for evidence proving how they were built. One way that we can not accept is that some of the pharaohs had powers left over from their God type parents. Maybe they had the ability to levitate huge stones. We should ask ourselves,why are the pyramids in alignment with the stars? Mankind at that time didn't have the ability to build the pyramids by themselves. Some of our great minds have determined that the Pyramids must have started construction on the day that the Pharaoh was born for completion to happen before he dies. Why are pyramids found all over the world? We should look at the bible as a history book. The people may not have understood what they saw but they wrote what they saw. We need to accept the fact that some things cannot be explained with what we know now. We must learn to accept the fact that all mythologies are not myths. The Greek and Romans wrote what they saw too...... Maybe the controlling souls above can create anything with just a thought created the myths...

The game became too exciting during the Roman and Greek era. The controlling souls decided that they needed to calm things down a bit. There were too many Gods creating too much havoc and the game couldn't last at that pace. They created a half God, half human and placed him on Earth to slow things down a bit. He was known by many names around the world. One name was Jesus. Jesus spread the word that from now on, there would only be one God. He talked about loving your neighbor and not coveting his wife along with many other laws to live by. Jesus could walk on water, help the blind see, cure the sick and raise the dead. He had the powers of the controlling souls. His twelve followers helped him convey his messages and conform people to the new religion. Baptism was a method used to help people mentally wash away the past atrocities they had committed and gave them a point in time to start over with a new outlook on life. It worked. Main thing, Jesus talked and people listened. Maybe the souls above had a hand in it.

The controlling souls passed rules among themselves that they could no longer communicate directly with the humans or attach to a full grown human form with all their powers and memory then roam the Earth and create trouble and have sex with humans. A few angels were allowed to contact a few humans with messages from the controlling souls but even that communication was limited and eventually faded away. People today still pray in temples in an effort to communicate with their Gods but that number is no longer in service. Yet, people still pray. The game has changed. The controllers are like the star-ship Enterprise. They simply observe and create havoc from afar.

Time has passed. From the stone age to the industrial age to present. We have progressed. Looking back two hundred years ago, humankind was still pretty rough around the edges. Before electric lights and automobiles, before indoor toilets and cell phones, there was a very basic form of survival. We slaughtered animals by hand for food and slaughtered buffalo so they wouldn't impede our railroad. We killed with impunity for our survival. Today, we have come a long way. Technology is snowballing faster and faster every day. We still eat meat but we buy it already prepared and ready to cook or just served on the plate before us. We no longer get bloody.

We have deciphered the genetic code. Soon, we will be able to control our physical makeup by editing our DNA so we can change our eyes to blue or our life span to a thousand years. We will be able to create the creatures that mythology talks about. Pan, The Minotaur and flying dragons will be within our grasp. Flying dragons are mentioned in the British folklore along with the Asian and Norwegian myths. Yet we can't accept them to have really existed. However, we can accept the Octopus, the Platypus and the life forms found around the volcanic eruptions beneath the ocean that use hydrogen like we use oxygen because we can see them. They are far more bizarre than the mythical creatures in Mythology. With the Genetic code deciphered, we will soon be capable of creating a large variety of life forms. The aging process is included in the Genetic code so we will soon be able to prolong life or even develop immortality. Our body is simply a machine and the Genetic code is a service manual that tells us how to repair, restore and improve the body. We have this at our finger tips. Now we must learn how to use it.

Super computers are taking over our lives and our technology. The newest computer is obsolete before it's off the drawing board because new ideas created by computers are overlapping themselves with new information and improvements at lightning speed. Currently, we can Google everything or ask Alexa and get the answer. Soon, we will have a chip implanted in our heads so we no longer carry a cell phone. We simply think about who we want to call or what we want Alexa to do. We will know everything the computer knows. When will technology stop? Will there come a time when we and our computers know everything there is to know? Technology and knowledge is speeding faster every moment. We are developing powers mentally and our children are mentally more powerful that us. Children comprehend things that boggle the minds of their parents. When will this growth end? I suspect that some day, something will happen or a time will come for us to shed our human form and become pure intelligent energy. We will become our Gods. Again and again and again. How did this cycle start? I have no idea. Maybe you can tell me.

The souls appear to be a little sloppy with attaching souls to embryos. For some reason, some souls still have the sex implanted in their soul that they had from a previous life and they have been attached to an embryo of the opposite sex. Thus, we have gays. Some people are born gifted with special abilities in music, the arts, math or knowing the future. Some gifted prodigies are good at everything while others are severely limited to a specific gift. Are these simple mistakes or do they exist to spice things up? Children in the same family will have very different personalities. They see things from different perspectives. Some are slow learners while others comprehend everything within a blink of an eye. Some people have multiple personalities. Maybe they have more than one soul attached to their body. There may be some outlaw souls still attaching themselves to humans with all of their powers still intact and they are still raising havoc. How does heaven and hell fit in to this? Most religions have an afterlife of some sort and many have reincarnation in their religion. Are we living in a game or is this a learning process or is this a form of punishment? What's your thought?

Some souls may have a difficult time leaving the game when their body dies so they hang around where their body used to live and they are usually twisted mentally. They are our ghosts and demons. Some controlling souls create a liking towards a certain human and they become that humans guardian angel. Many miracles are created by guardian angels. Many drunkards have been spared by a miracle, (a guardian angel.) Many people have suffered great tragedies due to an angry soul. Tragedy, hardships and misfortune seem to highlight the center of the controlling souls game plan. Anger, greed, hate and evil plays a big part of their game. These emotions or the emotions created by these things play a large part of the souls game.

Mars and many other planets have water and other things needed for life. Maybe at one time, Mars had a protective shield like an Ozone layer that helped stabilize it's environment. Maybe some day Earth will lose it's Ozone layer and the humans will be forced to shed their bodies to survive or??? Any ideas?. Please feel free to take your red pencil to this thought and make it your own. Thanks for listening.
© Copyright 2023 dustyguy (dustyguy1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2288215-Who-are-you