*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2290211-Thursday
Rated: E · Poetry · Dark · #2290211
Trigger Warning : Narcissistic Abxse
Today is the day that I was forced to choose between a killer kind of love and my mental state.
Today is the day that I was forced to stop believing in the fairy tale that you would make me happy.
Today was the day I started seeing my bruises as the painful picture you have painted all over my body.
Today was the day that I got off the runaway train that are your flowery statements that never quite make it to the station.
Today was the day that I realized the bar you have set for me in the clouds was never even there.
Today was the day my body stopped being a burial ground of your suffering.
Today was the day I felt the pressure in my chest release and actually exhaled without feeling like my next breath was going to be underwater. Today was the day I stopped wincing when you spoke, waiting for the impact of your vocabulary.
Today was the day I stopped looking in the mirror and seeing the monster you painted.
Today was the day that I sat in the floor and counted my scars, all of them memories of that disguised jealousy.
Today is the day that I realized that love didn't have to hurt so bad even if I wasn't sure what it truly looked like.
Today was the day that I realized that all of your insults were not personal identifiers, but rather the self hate you couldn't handle.
Today was the day that I stopped digging my own grave as a martyr for your sake.
Today was the day, but for you it was only a Thursday.
© Copyright 2023 SaltybutCutee (saltybutcutee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2290211-Thursday