*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2290327-Cake
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2290327
Flash Fiction
Cake

“This is yummy!” came a voice from the kitchen.

Alice rushed in, finding her neighbor, Pam, standing at her counter, with a piece of cake in her hand.

“Pam!” she said, sharply.

“Oh, I’m sorry!” Pam said, “the door was open so I came in when you didn’t answer my knock, I figured you were vacuuming or something, and didn’t hear me. Then I saw this cake, it looked so good, and there was already one piece cut out… I’m sorry! I didn’t think you’d mind. This is so, so good!”

“You ate a whole piece?”

“Just a little piece… yes… Can I have the recipe?

“No!” Alice rushing over to the counter.

“Oh! I’m sorry, was it for something special?”

“Yes,” said Alice, “for the dog! It’s special food for the dog!”

“Why does it look so much like a cake?” Pam asked.

“I thought it was irresponsible of the maker to do that myself! The only way you would know it was for a dog is if you see the package! After that it just looks like a cake!”

“Yes,” Pam started, then, “woof it does!”

Alice turned to Pam, watching her body shrink, and grow fir, in seconds she was completely a dog!

Alice flung out her hands and scooped Pam up, chanting softly. Then as she got to the end of her chant, she put Pam, well, the new dog, on a chair. Poof! Pam was sitting in the chair, “And I didn’t know it was dog food! Yuk!”

“It’s OK,” Pam said quickly, “It won’t hurt you. Why don’t you go brush your teeth…”

“Yes! But, it did taste wonderful…”

Pam relaxed, hoping her husband thought so too, the lying, sneaky, cheating, rotten rat! She had often thought she’d be better off with a dog…
© Copyright 2023 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2290327-Cake