*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2290825-Yard-Work
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2290825
Flash Fiction
Yard Work

Laying in my hammock looking at the sky, so lovely. However not why I was laying there. I was giving myself a break from working in my yard, which is what I was out here to be cleaning up… I love spring, except this part.

Laying there, I started my usual cloud watching. I always see shapes in the clouds and I like to imagine them into stories. Right above me a big one that looked like at fluffy clown, next to it, a small one, got imagined into something he was chasing, which suddenly disappeared! A magician, with a long straight nose, right next to the clown, did it of course…

Well, not quite a nose. OK, now, an arrow! The clown gone and the magician had turned into an arrow aiming straight for another cloud ahead that was moving much slower. Watch out! I imagined myself yelling up to the slow cloud, which was starting to resemble a rabbit! Watch out Rabbit! There’s an arrow coming right behind you!

As I watched, the rabbit actually seemed to turn a bit and look, and then it literally skidded ahead quickly. And then, after it got a bit ahead, it turned and looked right at me and said, “Wake up!”
I bolted up so fast the hammock twirled and I ended up on the ground, with one foot still stuck in the hammock ropes. Huh, I must have fallen asleep…

As I untangled myself, and my now tender hip that I had landed on, I looked up again. There was the arrow cloud and I swear, it was laughing. Laugh away cloud! I’m going in and watch TV!

And that’s why my yard usually looks like it got hit by a hurricane. But… I can live with that.
© Copyright 2023 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2290825-Yard-Work