*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2290917-Sixty-Forty-The-Screenplay
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · LGBTQ+ · #2290917
gay romantic drama
FADE IN:

EXT. ROCK CANYON CLIFF - DAY

JACOB, a young man with slumped shoulders, stands at the edge of the cliff. He bites his lip when he hears footsteps coming up fast behind him.

JACOB: (screams) Don’t come any closer or I’ll jump!

ROGER, a friend of Jacob's, slides to a stop, frozen in an uncomfortable stance.

ROGER: What do you think you’re doing?

JACOB: (wilted) You aren’t supposed to be here, Roger.

ROGER: (surprised) Well, neither are you. We were supposed to meet to play basketball, but when you didn’t show I went to your house and found the back door unlocked and went to your room and found your note. So, what’s your hurry to check out of this world?

Jacob cringes, knowing that Roger doesn't have a clue.

JACOB: (sighs)

ROGER:Spit it out, Jacob. What are you not telling me?

Jacob turns, facing Roger, tears filling his eyes. Before he can say anything, Roger lunges to grab him and misses, falling over the edge of the cliff. Jacob quickly grabs Roger’s arm, holding on to him with all his might. Roger is struggling to find something to grab, but all he can cling to is Jacob’s arm.

ROGER: (whispering) Don’t let go! Please, I don't want to die!

JACOB: I got you.

Jacob pulls Roger back up. Roger bear hugs Jacob so tight he can barely speak.

ROGER: (breathless) Thank you.

Jacob smiles, relieved that he was able to save his friend. He wonders what it would be like to kiss Roger, but for now, he settles for Roger’s arms being wrapped around him.

JACOB: (whispers) I love you.

Roger is silent for what seems like an eternity, then he speaks.

ROGER: I’m sixty forty.

Jacob looks at him, confused.

JACOB: (confused) Uh, what?

Roger strokes Jacob’s sun-streaked hair and repeats himself.

ROGER: I’m 60% for and 40% undecided if I love you.

Jacob smiles, thinking that he never can get a straight answer out of this guy, but at least it wasn’t a no and he could live with that.

CUT TO:

INT. JACOB’S HOUSE - NIGHT

Jacob is sitting at his desk, looking out the window. He picks up a pen and begins to write a letter.

JACOB: (voiceover) Dear Roger, I wanted to write this letter to let you know how I feel. I’ve been in love with you for a long time, but I never had the courage to tell you until today. I know you said you're sixty forty, and that's okay. I just wanted you to know that I’ll be here for you, no matter what. Love, Jacob.

Jacob finishes writing the letter and folds it neatly. He puts it in an envelope and addresses it to Roger.

CUT TO:

INT. ROGER’S HOUSE - NIGHT

Roger is sitting on his couch, flipping through TV channels. He hears a knock at the door and gets up to answer it. He opens the door to see Jacob standing there, holding the letter.

JACOB: (nervously) Hey, Roger. I wanted to give you this.

Roger takes the letter and reads it silently. He looks up at Jacob, a small smile on his face.

ROGER: (softly) Jacob, I had no idea that you loved me like that.

JACOB: (hopeful) What do you mean?

ROGER: (smiling) I mean, I’m not sixty forty anymore

Jacob's eyes widen with excitement.

JACOB: (surprised) What do you mean?

Roger steps closer to Jacob, holding the letter.

ROGER: (smiling) I mean, I’m not sixty forty anymore. I’m one hundred percent sure that I love you too.

Jacob can't believe what he's hearing. He steps closer to Roger and takes the letter out of his hand.

JACOB: (tearfully) Roger, I love you so much. Sometimes I lay awake in bed wondering what it would be like to kiss you.

Roger takes Jacob's hand and pulls him closer. They stare into each other's eyes for a moment before leaning in and kissing passionately.

CUT TO:

EXT. ROCK CANYON CLIFF - TWO DAYS LATER

Jacob and Roger stand at the edge of the cliff, holding hands.

JACOB: (smiling) I can't believe we almost lost each other.

ROGER: (serious) I know. I was so scared when I fell.

JACOB: (comforting) But I was there for you. And I always will be. I can't imagine what could pull us apart.

ROGER: (nodding) I know. And I'll always be there for you too. No matter what happens.

Jacob leans in and kisses Roger's cheek. They turn to leave the cliff, holding hands.

CUT TO:

INT. JACOB'S HOUSE - NIGHT

Jacob and Roger are sitting on the couch, cuddled up together. They're watching a movie and eating popcorn.

JACOB: (smiling) I'm so glad we found each other.

ROGER: (nodding) Me too. I don't know what I'd do without you.

They lean in and kiss again. The camera pans out to show them sitting on the couch, holding each other close.

FADE OUT

FADE IN:

INT. JACOB'S HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - LATER THAT NIGHT

Jacob and Roger are sitting on the couch, looking at each other.

JACOB: (smiling) So, what do we do now?

ROGER: (thoughtful) I don't know. We could take things slow, or we could tell our friends and family.

JACOB: (nervous) I don't know if I'm ready for that yet. My parents are very strict. They didn't even want me to get my driver's license when I turned sixteen. but I finally convinced them.

ROGER: (understanding) That's okay. We can take our time. We don't have to rush anything.

Jacob nods, relieved.

JACOB: (grinning) You know what we could do?

ROGER: (curious) What?

JACOB: (excited) We could go on a road trip. Just you and me.

ROGER: (smiling) That sounds like a great idea.

JACOB: (grabbing his phone) Let's look up some places to go.

They spend the next few minutes scrolling through websites and discussing different destinations.

CUT TO:

INT. JACOB'S HOUSE - KITCHEN - DAY

Jacob and Roger are packing snacks and drinks into a cooler.

JACOB: (smiling) I can't believe we're doing this.

ROGER: (grinning) Me neither. It's going to be great.

They finish packing the cooler and head out to the car.

CUT TO:

EXT. HIGHWAY - DAY

Jacob and Roger are driving down the highway, music playing on the radio. Listening to Twisted Sisters song "We're not going to take it anymore".

JACOB: (excited) I can't wait to see the Grand Canyon.

ROGER: (nodding) Yeah, that's going to be amazing.

They continue driving, taking in the scenery.

CUT TO:

EXT. GRAND CANYON - DAY

Jacob and Roger are standing at the edge of the Grand Canyon, holding hands.

JACOB: (in awe) This is incredible.

ROGER: (smiling) It really is.

They spend the next few hours exploring the canyon and taking pictures.

CUT TO:

EXT. POOL - DAY

Jacob and Roger are lying on a beach towel, watching the kids make waves in the pool at their hotel.

JACOB: (smiling) This is so relaxing.

ROGER: (content) Yeah, it's nice to just unwind and not worry about anything.

They spend the rest of the day at the pool, playing in the water and sunbathing.

CUT TO:

EXT. HIGHWAY - DAY

Jacob and Roger are driving back home, tired but happy.

JACOB: (smiling) That was amazing.

ROGER: (nodding) Yeah, it was.

They continue driving, holding hands.

FADE OUT.

FADE IN:

EXT. JACOB'S HOUSE - DAY

Jacob and Roger arrive home from their road trip and begin to unload their luggage from the car. Suddenly, Jacob's older brother, BEN, pulls up in his car and gets out.

BEN: (concerned) Jacob, Mom and Dad have been looking for you all weekend. They're worried sick.

JACOB: (defensive) I left a note. I told them I needed some time alone. What's the big deal?

BEN: (skeptical) They didn't take it that way. They're afraid something's wrong.

ROGER: (calmly) We'll talk to them, Ben. Everything's fine.

BEN: (noticing Roger's presence for the first time) Who's this?

JACOB: (nervously) This is Roger. He's my friend.

ROGER: (smiling) Nice to meet you.

BEN: (sarcastically) Friend, huh? You don't usually take your friends on romantic getaways.

JACOB: (embarrassed) It wasn't like that.

ROGER: (firmly) Look, Ben, Jacob and I have something to tell our parents. We're just not ready to do it yet.

BEN: (skeptical) What is it? You're not sick or something, are you?

JACOB: (upset) No, it's nothing like that.

ROGER: (firmly) We'll talk to them, Ben. You don't need to worry.

BEN: (sighs) Fine, but don't keep them waiting too long. Don't expect me to try and smooth things over for you with them. Hopefully you haven't got some girl pregnant!

Jacob and Roger exchange a worried glance before going inside.

CUT TO:

INT. JACOB'S HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - DAY

Jacob's parents, MARY and JOHN, are sitting on the couch, looking worried. Jacob and Roger enter the room.

MARY: (relieved) Jacob, thank God you're okay.

JOHN: (concerned) We were so worried. You didn't answer your phone or come home. We thought the worsted had happened.

JACOB: (nervous) I'm sorry, Mom and Dad. I just needed some time to think.

ROGER: (supportive) We went on a road trip to clear our heads.

MARY: (curious) Road trip? Who's we?

ROGER: (hesitant) It was just me and Jacob.

MARY and JOHN exchange a worried glance.

JOHN: (skeptical) Just the two of you? Where did you go?

JACOB: (hesitant) We went to the Grand Canyon and stayed overnight in a hotel near there.

MARY: (curious) That sounds nice, but we were worried sick when you didn't call home.

JACOB: (frowning) There wasn't good cell phone reception there.

JOHN: (serious) That's no excuse.

ROGER: (firmly) Look, Jacob and I have something we need to tell you.

MARY and JOHN exchange a worried glance.

JOHN: (concerned) What is it? Is something wrong?

JACOB: (nervous) No, nothing's wrong. It's just... (takes a deep breath) Roger and I are in a relationship.

MARY and JOHN both stare at them in shock.

MARY: (disbelieving) What?

JOHN: (angry) What are you talking about?

JACOB: (upset) We love each other, Mom and Dad. We are gay.

ROGER: (calmly) We didn't plan on telling you like this, but we didn't want to hide it from you any longer.

MARY: (crying) I don't understand. How can this be happening? We raised you better than this Jacob.

JOHN: (angry) This is unacceptable. You can't be together. We won't allow it.

FADE IN:

INT. JACOB'S HOUSE - KITCHEN - DAY

Jacob's parents JOHN (60), and his wife MARY (50), are sitting at the kitchen table with

Roger's parents, JIM (35) and SARAH (32). They are discussing the incident at Rock Canyon Cliff.

JOHN (angrily) I can't believe that your son Roger almost got Jacob killed.

MARY (nodding) He's obviously a bad influence on Jacob. We can't allow him to continue to see him.

JIM (calmly) Now hold on a minute, we don't know all the facts yet. We should talk to Roger first and get his side of the story.

MARY (agitated) But we already know that Roger isn't good for Jacob. He's always getting into trouble and dragging Jacob down with him.

JOHN (frustrated) Exactly. And we can't have that. Jacob has so much potential, he can't waste his life on someone like Roger. your son is a very bad influence on Jacob. In fact we think he has turned Jacob gay and we just won't have it.

MARY (emphatically) We need to put a stop to this right now. I won't stand by and watch as Jacob ruins his life over this gay nonsense he's gotten into his head.

JIM (sighing) I understand your concerns, but you can't just cut Roger out of Jacob's life without giving him a chance. He might be a good influence on him.

MARY (disapprovingly) I highly doubt that. Being gay is not the kind of influence our son needs. We should just forbid Jacob from seeing him and be done with it.

JOHN (nodding) That's the only way to ensure Jacob's safety and future.

Mary nods in agreement.

FADE OUT.

FADE IN:

EXT. JACOB'S SCHOOL - DAY

Jacob is walking out of school with Roger. John and Mary pull up in their car and honk the horn.

Jacob looks over and sees them. He turns to Roger.

JACOB (whispering) I have to go. See you later.

ROGER (sadly) Yeah, okay.

Jacob quickly walks over to the car and gets in the back seat.

JOHN (angrily) What were you thinking, hanging out with that loser? We told you to stop seeing him.

JACOB (defensively) He's not a loser. He's my friend.

MARY (disapprovingly) He's a bad bad influence on you, Jacob. You can't keep seeing him.

JACOB (frustrated) Why not? What's wrong with him?

JOHN (impatiently) He's always getting into trouble. He's going to drag you down with him.

JACOB (defiantly) That's not true. He's a good person. He's been there for me when no one else has. You hate him because he's gay. Well I'm gay too, do you hate me?

MARY (annoyed) We're your family, Jacob, but we have limits on what we will allow under our roof.

JACOB (emotionally) You don't understand. You don't know what it's like to feel alone and misunderstood. Roger gets me because we are alike. you won't ever understand unless you accept me for who I am.

JOHN (disapprovingly) That's no excuse for hanging out with someone like him.

JACOB (tearfully) You just don't get it. You never have and it looks like you never will.

The car falls silent as they drive home.

FADE OUT.

FADE IN:

INT. JACOB'S BEDROOM - NIGHT

Jacob is lying on his bed, staring up at the ceiling. Roger's face flashes in his mind and he smiles. His phone vibrates, indicating a new message. Jacob picks it up and reads the text from Roger.

ROGER (text) Hey, are you okay? Haven't heard from you all day.

Jacob smiles and types a reply.

JACOB (text) Yeah, just dealing with some family drama. They don't understand us.

ROGER (text) Us?

JACOB (text) Yeah, they're trying to keep us apart. But I won't let them.

ROGER (text) Jacob, I don't want to cause problems for you. If it's better for us to end things, I understand.

Jacob's heart sinks. He can't imagine life without Roger.

JACOB (text) No way. I won't let them control my life. I love you, Roger.

ROGER (text) I love you too.

Jacob closes his eyes and drifts off to sleep.

FADE OUT.

FADE IN:

INT. JACOB'S HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - DAY

Jacob is sitting on the couch, scrolling through his phone. John and Mary walk in and sit down across from him.

JOHN (sighing) Jacob, we need to talk.

JACOB (suspiciously) What about?

MARY (sympathetically) We know this is hard for you, but we can't let you continue this relationship with Roger.

JACOB (defiantly) Why not? You can't control who I love.

JOHN (firmly) It's not about control. We just want what's best for you. And Roger is not it.

JACOB (emotionally) You don't even know him. He's the best thing that's ever happened to me.

MARY (sadly) Jacob, we love you. But we can't accept this.

JACOB (tearfully) I can't change who I am. And I won't give up the person I love.

JOHN (angrily) This is unacceptable, Jacob. If you won't end things with Roger, then we'll have to take drastic measures.

JACOB (fearfully) What does that mean?

MARY (softly) We'll have to send you away to a camp. A place where you can get help.

Jacob's eyes widen in horror.

JACOB (shakily) You can't do that. That's not fair.

JOHN (sternly) It's for your own good, Jacob. We'll set it up tomorrow.

Jacob's heart sinks. He knows he can't let this happen.

FADE OUT.

FADE IN:

EXT. CAMP - DAY

Jacob looks around at the camp in disbelief. It's filled with other young men and women who are struggling with their sexuality. He can't believe his parents would send him here. A counselor approaches him.

COUNSELOR (smiling) Hi, Jacob. I'm Jack. I'm here to help you through this process.

Jacob glares at him.

JACOB (angrily) I don't need your help. I'm fine the way I am.

JACK (calmingly) I understand it may be difficult at first. But I promise you, this camp has helped many people find their true selves.

Jacob rolls his eyes and walks away. He can't believe he's stuck here for the next few weeks.

FADE OUT.



FADE IN:

INT. ROGER'S BEDROOM - NIGHT

Roger lies in bed, staring at his phone. He hasn't heard from Jacob in weeks. He's tried calling and texting, but Jacob hasn't responded. Roger feels helpless and alone.

ROGER (whispering to himself) Where are you, Jacob?

FADE OUT.



FADE IN:

INT. CAMP - DAY

Jacob sits in a circle with other campers, listening to Jack talk about how to overcome same-sex attraction. Jacob tunes him out and glances at his phone. He sees missed calls and texts from Roger.

JACOB (to himself) (sighing) I miss you too, Roger.

FADE OUT.



FADE IN:

INT. CAMP - NIGHT

Jacob lies in bed, staring up at the ceiling. He can't sleep. He can't stop thinking about Roger. He picks up his phone and texts him.

JACOB (text) I miss you so much. Can't wait to see you when I get out of here.

FADE OUT.



FADE IN:

INT. ROGER'S BEDROOM - DAY

Roger's phone buzzes. He picks it up and reads the text from Jacob. He smiles and types a reply.

ROGER (text) I miss you too. Can't wait for you to come home.

FADE OUT.



FADE IN:

EXT. CAMP - DAY

Jacob walks out of the camp, bags in hand. He looks back at the camp, feeling relieved to be leaving. He pulls out his phone and calls Roger.

ROGER (over phone) (excitedly) Jacob! You're back!

JACOB (over phone) (happily) Yeah, I'm on my way home. I missed you so much.

FADE OUT.



FADE IN:

INT. JACOB'S HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - DAY

Jacob walks into the house and sees John and Mary sitting on the couch. They look up at him and smile.

MARY (happily) Welcome home, Jacob!

JOHN (proudly) We're so glad you decided to go to the camp. You made the right choice.

Jacob's smile fades. He can't believe his parents are still against him.

JACOB (sadly) Thanks.

FADE OUT.



FADE IN:

INT. ROGER'S BEDROOM - DAY

Jacob lies in bed, staring at the ceiling. Roger lies next to him, holding his hand.

ROGER (whispering) I'm sorry you had to go through all of that.

JACOB (smiling) It was worth it to be back here with you.

They lean in and kiss each other, relieved to finally be together again.

EXT. JACOB'S HOUSE - DAY

Jacob's parents, John and Mary, confront Jacob as he tries to enter the house.

JOHN (angrily) What do you think you're doing here?

MARY (tearfully) You've brought shame upon this family, Jacob.

JACOB (defeated) Can we please just talk about this?

JOHN (scoffs) What is there to talk about? You've chosen to live a sinful life. We saw you had Roger in your room. You didn't know we had put a hidden camera in there did you. We can't have that kind of behavior under our roof.

MARY (sobs) How could you do this to us, Jacob? We raised you to be a good boy.

JACOB (resigned) I'm sorry that I'm not what you wanted me to be, but I can't change who I am.

JOHN (shouts) You're not welcome here anymore. Get out.

Jacob grabs the backpack they had packed for him and walks away, looking back one last time at his childhood home. He is now homeless.

INT. ROGER'S HOUSE - DAY

Roger is sitting on the couch, staring at his phone. He hasn't heard from Jacob in days.

ROGER (to himself) Where are you, Jacob? Please be okay.

Roger's phone buzzes, and he jumps up to answer it.

ROGER (CONT'D) (excitedly) Jacob! Where are you? I've been so worried.

JACOB (sadly) I'm homeless, Roger. My parents kicked me out.

ROGER (sympathetically) Oh, Jacob. I'm so sorry. Where are you staying?

JACOB (quietly) I don't know. I've been sleeping in parks and on benches.

ROGER (determined) You can't keep living like this. Come stay with me.

JACOB (tearfully) Are you sure? Your parents don't like me.

ROGER (emphatically) I don't care what they think. I love you, Jacob. I'll do whatever it takes to keep you safe.

INT. ROGER'S BEDROOM - DAY

Jacob is lying in Roger's bed, tears streaming down his face.

ROGER (sympathetically) Hey, what's wrong?

JACOB (sobbing) I never thought I'd be homeless. I feel so alone.

ROGER (softly) You're not alone, Jacob. I'm here for you, and I always will be.

Jacob looks up at Roger, and their eyes meet. In that moment, they both know that their love for each other is unbreakable.

EXT. CITY PARK - DAY

Jacob and Roger are sitting on a bench, holding hands. Jacob is smiling for the first time in days.

JACOB (happily) I can't believe you're still with me, after everything that's happened.

ROGER (lovingly) I told you, Jacob. I love you, and nothing can change that.

JACOB (gratefully) I don't know what I'd do without you, Roger.

ROGER (supportively) You don't have to worry about that. I'll always be here for you, no matter what.

Jacob leans in to kiss Roger, and they share a tender moment together.

EXT. ROGER'S HOUSE

Roger's parents found out Jacob was staying in Roger's room and made him move out. Roger and Jacob hug and Jacob walks away. Feeling defeated again.

FADE OUT.

FADE IN:

INT. JACOB'S SCHOOL - DAY

Jacob walks out of school and sees Roger waiting for him.

ROGER: Jacob, are you okay? I've been worried sick about you.

JACOB: (tearfully) I've missed you so much, Roger. I can't imagine my life without you.

Roger wipes away Jacob's tears and they hug.

ROGER: I've missed you too, Jacob. I've been thinking about you every day.

They walk to a nearby park and sit on a bench.

ROGER: I got a job at a local diner. I'm saving up to get my own apartment.

JACOB: (concerned) I'm still homeless, Roger. I don't know what to do.

The next day, Jacob goes to see the guidance counselor at his school.

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR: (listening) Try talking to a local youth organization that helps homeless teens. Here's their number.

Jacob calls the organization and is accepted into the program.

INT. JACOB'S APARTMENT - DAY

Jacob sits on his bed, reflecting on his new situation.

JACOB: (voiceover) Over the next few months, I settled into my new routine. I worked part-time and continued going to school. I also kept in touch with Roger, who came to visit me every chance he got.

Jacob's case manager walks into the room.

CASE MANAGER: Jacob, I found you a temporary job.

JACOB: (grateful) Thank you so much.

Jacob continues to work hard and build his new life. He knows that he still has a long way to go, but he's determined to make the best of the situation he's in.

FADE OUT

FADE IN:

INT. ROGER'S HOUSE - DAY

Roger's dad enters the living room with a worried look on his face.

ROGER'S DAD: Roger, I need to talk to you. I got a new job offer in another city, and we have to move there.

ROGER: (shocked) What? When?

ROGER'S DAD: In a month. I'm sorry, son, but we have to go. This is a promotion for me and that means more money for our family and better benefits and perks.

Roger looks at Jacob's picture on his phone and feels a lump in his throat.

ROGER: (sighs) I don't want to leave Jacob.

ROGER'S DAD: I know, but we don't have a choice. You can still keep in touch with him and visit him when you can.

INT. JACOB'S APARTMENT - DAY

Jacob sits on his bed, reading a book when he receives a call from Roger.

ROGER: (on the phone) Jacob, I have some bad news. My dad got a new job, and we have to move away.

JACOB: (disappointed) What? When are you leaving?

ROGER: In a month. I don't know what to do. I don't want to leave you.

JACOB: (tries to stay positive) It's okay, Roger. We'll still talk on the phone and text each other. We'll make it work.

Roger hangs up the phone, feeling sad and lost.

INT. ROGER'S NEW HOUSE - DAY

Roger enters his new room and looks around. Everything feels strange and unfamiliar. He starts unpacking, trying not to think about Jacob.

ROGER: (voiceover) I hated my new town. Everything was different, and I missed Jacob so much.

Roger tries to keep himself busy by exploring his new surroundings and making new friends. But he always feels like something is missing.

INT. JACOB'S APARTMENT - DAY

Jacob looks at his phone and sees a text from Roger.

ROGER'S TEXT MESSAGE: (on the phone) I miss you so much, Jacob.

JACOB: (responds) I miss you too, Roger. I wish you were here.

INT. ROGER'S NEW HOUSE - DAY

Roger sits on his bed, holding Jacob's picture in his hands. He feels like he's losing the one person he loves.

ROGER: (voiceover) I felt like I was falling apart. I missed Jacob more than anything.

INT. JACOB'S APARTMENT - DAY

Jacob sits at his desk, writing a letter to Roger.

JACOB: (voiceover) I decided to write Roger a letter to let him know how much he means to me, but maybe its time for him to accept his situation and start making new friends.

FADE OUT

EXT. PARK - DAY

Jacob is sitting on a park bench with a boy, TREVOR (16). Trevor transferred to Jacob's school a few weeks ago and they found out they have a lot in common. Trevor is looking into Jacob’s eyes, and they share an intimate moment. They lean in and kiss, a brief and gentle moment that Jacob has never experienced before. He pulls back, a little surprised.

TREVOR: What’s wrong?

JACOB: Nothing. It’s just that, I’ve never felt like this before.

Jacob decided he shouldn't feel guilty about kissing Trevor or being gay.

TREVOR: (smiling) Like what?

JACOB: Like I’m allowed to be happy. Like I’m not hiding anymore.

Trevor takes Jacob’s hand in his, and Jacob looks at him with wonder and gratitude.

INT. COFFEE SHOP - DAY

Jacob and Trevor are laughing and chatting over cups of coffee. The atmosphere is light and happy.

JACOB: (smiling) You make me feel alive, Trevor. I never thought I could be this happy.

TREVOR: (smiling) I feel the same way.

The moment is interrupted by a text message from Roger.

INT. JACOB’S ROOM - DAY

Jacob is sitting on his bed, staring at his phone. Roger’s message reads, “I miss you. Wish you were here.”

Jacob’s mind wanders back to his past with Roger. He remembers the good times they shared and how much he loved him. Jacob realized that it was time he moved on with life, but he new Roger would always have a special place in his heart, because he was his first love.

INT. TREVOR’S CAR - DAY

Trevor is driving Jacob home from their date. Jacob is quiet, lost in thought.

TREVOR: (concerned) Is everything okay?

Jacob takes a deep breath, and tears begin to well up in his eyes.

JACOB: (crying) I miss him so much, Trevor. Roger was the first person who ever made me feel like I belonged somewhere.

Trevor looks at Jacob with compassion.

TREVOR: (supportive) I understand, Jacob. But you have to let go of him. You deserve to be happy, and he’s not the only person who can make you feel that way.

Jacob nods, tears still streaming down his face.

INT. JACOB’S ROOM - DAY

Jacob is lying in bed, staring at the ceiling. He hears a knock at the door and gets up to answer it. It’s Roger.

JACOB: (surprised) Roger, what are you doing here?

ROGER: (sad) I’m sorry, Jacob. I miss you so much. I know I messed up when I moved away leaving you here all alone, but I can’t live without you.

Jacob looks at Roger, the emotions overwhelming him.

JACOB: (tearful) Roger you need to leave. I will call you in a few days and we will talk.

ROGER: (desperate) But I love you, Jacob. I always have and I always will. I just need one more chance to make it right.

Jacob looks at Roger, the conflict written all over his face.

INT. COFFEE SHOP - DAY

Jacob and Trevor are sitting across from each other at a coffee shop, deep in conversation.

JACOB: (resolute) I’ve made up my mind, Trevor. I can’t go back to Roger. I need to move on and be happy.

TREVOR: (supportive) I’m proud of you, Jacob. It takes a lot of strength to let go of someone you love.

Jacob nods, smiling through his tears.

EXT. CITY PARK - DAY

Jacob and Trevor are sitting on a bench in the park, holding hands and enjoying the sunshine.

TREVOR You know, I’ve never felt this way before.

JACOB Me neither.

Trevor leans in and kisses Jacob. It’s a long, lingering kiss, full of passion.

JACOB (CONT'D) (smiling) Wow.

TREVOR (smiling back) Yeah.

They lean their foreheads together, still holding hands.

CUT TO:

EXT. COFFEE SHOP - DAY

Jacob and Trevor are sitting at a table outside the coffee shop, sipping on lattes.

TREVOR So, what are you going to do about school?

JACOB (sighs) I don’t know. I can’t keep going to the same high school. Too many memories.

TREVOR I get it. But you could always go to a different school, start fresh.

JACOB (pensive) Maybe.

TREVOR (grinning) We could go to the same school, I would transfer with you so we be together all the time and have new experiences while we make plans for our future.

JACOB (smiling) That’s not a bad idea.

TREVOR (leaning in) And there’s something else I’ve been wanting to do.

Trevor takes Jacob’s hand and leads him inside the coffee shop.

CUT TO:

INT. COFFEE SHOP - DAY

Jacob and Trevor are standing in front of a bulletin board covered in flyers and posters.

TREVOR (pointing) Look, there’s a flyer for a youth LGBTQ+ support group. We could go together.

JACOB (eyes widening) I didn’t know they had something like that here.

TREVOR (nodding) Yeah, it’s new. I thought it might be good for us, to meet other people who understand.

Jacob nods, feeling a sense of relief.

CUT TO:

EXT. YOUTH CENTER - DAY

Jacob and Trevor are walking up to a large building with a sign that reads “Youth Center.”

TREVOR (smiling) Are you ready?

JACOB (nervously) I think so.

They take a deep breath and walk inside, ready to face whatever challenges come their way, but together. Always together.
© Copyright 2023 JustinRock (jtroy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2290917-Sixty-Forty-The-Screenplay