*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2294793-Charlie-Bunnys-Adventure
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #2294793
Charlie goes on an adventure
Charlie Bunny hopped into a stranger's yard. Pulling himself under the picket fence, he looked around to see all of the different sights. There were colorful tulips near the front door. Charlie thought that they might taste good for breakfast. He hopped through the green grass to where the flowers were.
Just when he started to snack on the tulips, a couple of children ran out of the front door. A boy and a girl were shouting with glee. They each had a basket in their hands. Charlie froze as he watched them dash about the yard. They were looking in the grass and shrubs, picking up colored eggs.
After a while, Charlie saw them set their baskets down on the porch as they went back into the house. Curious, Charlie hopped over to the baskets to see them better.
He saw colorful eggs, a bunny made of chocolate in a clear package, and some jelly beans. Wrinkling his nose, Charlie didn't think he would like any of those things, but thought about his friend back in the field, a little piglet named Henry. Henry wasn't particular about things to eat. Charlie thought he would bring Henry back with him next time to see if he liked what was in the basket.
He hopped back to the slender greens surrounding the tulips, nibbled on a few, and hopped back to the fence to go find his friend.
Pulling himself back under the fence, Charlie bounded back into the field. He paused to look around; the wind was starting to blow and the clouds becoming dark. Then it started to rain, and all thoughts about returning to the yard left his mind. Charlie headed to his burrow, as fast as he could go. Going back to the yard would have to wait for another day.




Word Count: 304


prompt
© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2294793-Charlie-Bunnys-Adventure