*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2295333-Haddonfield
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Young Adult · #2295333
Welcome to Haddonfield! The 1# Town for Obesity! Something weird is going on though...
"Em! Get ova' here!" said Amelia, my roommate, as drunk as ever. I've been living with Amelia for 4 years now and we've gotten along pretty damn well if I'll say. We live in Haddonfield, the very one famous for The Boogeyman. He's been dead for 30 years though, so we live our lives contently. Haddonfield is now famous for its obese women. Pretty much all women in our town are fat aside from the few outliers. Our house used to be the home of the infamous Laurie Strode. All of the survivors of Michael have vanished. It's 2008, and Haddonfield is safe now. I moved here with Amelia back in 2004. We met each other back in 2000 at Stuffington University. When we graduated in 2002, we decided to move to Haddonfield because it was close to Stuffington. We've basically become best friends since. Both I and Amelia are pretty big for two college grads. We're both 300 lbs. Amelia's more of a social person than me, always partying around and drinking booze on the daily. She's a Scottish-Asian and I'm a Russian-Australian. (my ethnicity is Russian while my nationality is Australian) "What now?" I said. "Ya gotta see 'dis!" she said. She's reading a newspaper and is pointing to a specific spot. "Check this out! A new restaurant is opening and guess what?" she said. "What?" I asked. "It's both fast food and cheap!" she exclaimed. We exchanged looks and agreed to go try the restaurant. We both walk out to our cars. "Meet you there!" she said. "Ok!" I replied. We both drove off. She took the faster and more boring way to get there quicker, but, I took the slower and scenic route because I wasn't that hungry. You'd think that me being 300 pounds, I'd eat every chance I get. The reason I went the other way was to drive by the Myers house. Both of us were horror film fanatics, though, for some reason, Amelia despises the Nightmare on Elm Street franchise. Our favourite franchise is basically a documentary, well, at least the first movie was. The rest is Hollywood. That's right, our favourite franchise is Halloween. We love the Halloween franchise so much, every Halloween, we binge the movies 1-9. It was the actual reason we moved into the Strode home, to visit the former home of The Shape. Eventually, I arrive at the restaurant and find myself surprised to beat Amelia even though she took the faster route. 5 minutes later, I see her pull up into the parking lot. "What took ya' so long?" I ask. "Ran outta' gas." she replied. We head inside, order our food and sit down at our table. "So Em, did you finally finish Scream 2?" she asked. "Yes, Yes I did." I replied. "Can't believe there were 2 Ghostfaces in a row." I said. "I know, right?" she replied. We finish our meal when I see something through the window. A dude, dressed up as Michael Myers, just stood there. He was a popular choice for fans. They always were great at pretending to be him. The costume always creeped me out a little, but this one, this one felt different. I turn my head to Amelia. "Hey, Amelia?" I ask. I turn back to the window, he's gone. "What?" I said to myself under my breath. "Yeah, Em?" she replied. "I saw something out there. It looked like Michael." I told her. "It's probably some guy cosplaying as him. Halloween is tomorrow, you know?" she said. "Come on, let's get outta here." "Agreed." I replied. We drive home and as I exit my car, I see him again. "There he is!" I exclaimed. Amelia turned to where I was pointing. "What are you talking about?" she asked. I turn back. Once again, he's gone. "What is going on?" I asked myself. "You might be seeing things." she said. "I could be, but what if I'm not?" I replied. "You definitely are." she said. We enter the house and I put on Halloween II. We finish the movie and head to bed. We enter our room and Amelia pulls the covers and closed her eyes. As I'm setting my glasses on my nightstand, I see him outside my window. We sleep on the second story. "Amelia, I see him again." I said. She rolls and faces me and tells me "You're just tired. 'Night." she said as she rolled over to the other side of her bed and passed out. I look back and he's gone again. I turn off the light and gaze at the ceiling. As I fall asleep, I thought all about today and what awaited me tomorrow, The Night He Came Home on The Night of Halloween.
© Copyright 2023 Bendyplayz (gondolij27 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2295333-Haddonfield