*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2295410-Haddonfield-2
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Thriller/Suspense · #2295410
Welcome to Haddonfield! The 1# Town for Obesity! Something weird is going on though...
I woke up at 9:00 AM. I stretched and got up. I put on my glasses and check my calendar. Oct. 31st, Halloween. I stand there and hope for the best as I descend the stairs. "Good morning!" Amelia greets me. "Good morning." I replied. "You ready to decorate?" I asked. "Yeah! After food though." she said. "Of course!" I said. We ate breakfast, got dressed, took care of our teeth/hair and we were ready. I worked on the inside of the house while Amelia worked outside. After a couple of hours, we finished. The house was decked out. We relaxed afterwards, ate lunch and thought we'd go on a Halloween scavenger hunt. The goal was simple: Find as many places featured in Halloween before 4:00 PM. We got our watches and headed off. On my way to Nichol's Hardware Store, I bumped into Jack Freedman, my friend. He was tall, average weight, (a bit on the muscular side) charming and really funny. He was so great that I actually had a bit of a crush on him. "Ohh h-hey Jack!" I said. "How's life treatin' you?". "She's treating me just fine!" said Jack. "What about you?" "Gr-Great, Jack! Just great." I stammered, covering one eye with my hair. I was pretty shy around Jack because I always thought I'd embarrass myself in front of him. "If you're wondering, I'm going to a Halloween party tonight if you want to come?" he asked. "Sure!" I said. "Alright! Well, see you at the party." he said. "Bye!" I said, waving him goodbye. He did the same, sorta, more of like a sideways salute. I'm walking home when I come across a familiar house, The Myers House. I'm staring at the house when I see something in one of the windows. I see him, staring me down from the window of the same room he claimed the life of his sister, Judith Myers, back in 1963. I blink and once again, he's gone. I do something stupid, I enter the house. The dusty, old floor creaks as my fat ass enters into the kitchen. I then walk into the living room, the bathroom and end back at the foot of the stairs. I'm about to head upstairs when I hear heavy breathing upstairs. Then I hear footsteps from upstairs. I bolt out of the house and run all the way to my house. Despite my weight, I'm actually pretty fast. In fact, I'm basically an athletic person who is in a fat suit. I just look fat. Amelia's not home and it's 3:40 PM. I beat her. I head inside and watch some TV. 10 minutes later, Amelia bursts in. "Emily?" she asked. "Yea?" I replied. "I saw him too." she said. "I knew I wasn't seeing things. He's real." I said. "What are we gonna do now?" she asked. "There's a party later. We could go to that?" I replied. "How do you know?" she asked. "I bumped into Jack earlier." I said. "OOOH! Jack Freedman! You still got a taste for him?" she asked. "Yes I still do." I said. "Well that sounds perfect!" she said. We headed to our rooms to get changed into our costumes. I was going as Ghostface from Scream. When I exit, I meet Amelia in the living room. She was going as an astronaut. "You look very cosmic." I said. "And you look very classic." she said. We ate some snacks and chilled until 6:00 PM and headed out. As we left though, I felt nervous because 1, I'm going to a party with Jack and 2, I just had a bad feeling, like something was wrong. Even if I ignored it, I couldn't. As we walked to the party, I had to face it, the truth. The night had begun, and so had he...
© Copyright 2023 Bendyplayz (gondolij27 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2295410-Haddonfield-2