*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2295732-Hecate
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest · #2295732
Crossroads Deal

I rubbed the coin between my fingers, I could picture the face of the three headed woman on it. A chill ran through me, I took a deep breath and stepped into the middle of the crossroads, I turned in a circle letting salt fall out of my hand surrounding me. Then kneeling down on the ground I dug a small hole, placed the coin inside, and covered it back up.

Closing my eyes I began to speak, "Hecate Goddess of the crossroads." My lips twisted up in a slight smirk, "I have a deal for you."

I felt a cold gust of wind blow through me, and I opened my eyes to see a beautiful woman standing before me. Her skin was pale with red hair flowing out of it, just covering a horn on the right side of her head, the left horn was either covered or had been broken off. "Why have you summoned me?" Her tone was accusatory almost angry.

"I need to see her."

She spoke again her voice lower, "You know what this will cost you?"

I nodded my head slowly, and she disappeared. In her place was an old woman, but as I stared at her I realized that I could see through her, she was a ghost. "Hello." I said it softly my voice cracking.

"Who are you?" The old woman replied straining to see me.

Tears started to fall down my face, "It's me mama. I'm sorry I couldn't get here sooner."

"My baby, it's ok. You're here now." She came toward me her arms open to embrace me.

She was already fading away and by the time she got to me she had disappeared, "Happy Mother's Day mama." I fell to my knees all the strength draining from my body.

© Copyright 2023 Jonathon Winters (clark0016 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2295732-Hecate