*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2295978-My-Past-Life-Haunts-Me-Ch-6-Preview
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Fanfiction · #2295978
https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049821-You-Found-Me?rfrid=rileysworld214
Ashlyn sat down at one of the outside picnic tables at school. She sat her backpack beside her, opening it to grab the juice bottle in her bag. She then looked down at the table quietly, ringing the bottle cap as if she was trying to open it. She struggled with the bottle cap and felt someone approach her from behind. She turned around to see nobody standing there, a concerned look on his face. Ashlyn sighed as she turned back around and jumped as she saw Team and Pharm sit down.
"Hey, what have you jumpy," Team says, sitting down.
"I....um....watched a horror movie last night was really scary, and it has me on edge," she says, lying. Honestly, since she and Dean opened up to each other about the dreams, she felt like someone was watching her constantly, but she didn't want to trouble them with her problems.
Ashlyn's heart raced as she quickly devised an excuse for her jumpy behavior. She didn't want to burden Team and Pharm with her fears and worries. Taking a deep breath, she smiled and replied, "Yeah, just a horror movie last night. Got me a little on edge, you know?"

Team chuckled, oblivious to her hidden unease. "Ah, I see. Horror movies can do that sometimes. Well, don't worry, we're here to keep you safe from lurking monsters," he said playfully.

Pharm nodded in agreement. "Absolutely. You're in good hands with us."

Ashlyn smiled at them softly. "Thanks, guys, it means a lot," she says, forcing a smile at them.

Ashlyn's heart raced as she quickly devised an excuse for her jumpy behavior. She didn't want to burden Team and Pharm with her fears and worries. Taking a deep breath, she smiled and replied, "Yeah, just a horror movie last night. Got me a little on edge, you know?"

Team chuckled, oblivious to her hidden unease. "Ah, I see. Horror movies can do that sometimes. Well, don't worry, we're here to keep you safe from lurking monsters," he said playfully.

Pharm nodded in agreement. "Absolutely. You're in good hands with us."

Ashlyn felt a mix of relief and guilt. She appreciated their concern and willingness to support her but didn't want to burden them with her troubles. She pushed aside her anxieties and decided to focus on the present moment, enjoying the company of her best friends.

They chatted and laughed, sharing stories and inside jokes, momentarily lifting Ashlyn's spirits. Even though she couldn't shake off the feeling of being watched, being surrounded by her friends provided a sense of security.

"So, you never explained your "hang out" with Dean," Team said teasingly.

Pharm looked at them both in shock. "You hung out with Dean," he said, surprised.

Ashlyn blushed, feeling caught off guard. She hadn't intended to mention her time with Dean to her friends, but it seemed like the secret was out. "Uh, yeah, we just...went for a walk and talked," she mumbled, avoiding eye contact.

Team smiled at Pharm. "Are you sure," he says as he quickly scrolls through his phone and shows a picture of Dean and her sitting at the cafe smiling.
"Looks to me like it was more than walking," Pharm said, joining in on the teasing.

Ashlyn blushed and put the bottle to her face trying to hide. "We kissed last night," she blurted out.

Team and Pharm looked at her in shock. "WHAT," they said in unison.

Ashlyn looked up at them. "W-we kissed last night," she says again.

"H-how did this happen," Pharm asked her, trying to hide his amusement.

Ashlyn shrugged. "Well, we were talking last night, and we kissed well," she said, trying to explain.

"Now, was this before or after the scary movie," Team asked, hiding his amusement.
© Copyright 2023 Riley Panacera (rileysworld214 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2295978-My-Past-Life-Haunts-Me-Ch-6-Preview