*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2295979-My-Past-Life-Haunts-Me-Ch-7-Preview
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fanfiction · #2295979
https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049823-Its-Just-A-Cold?rfrid=rileysworld214
Ashlyn walked into the classroom, feeling lightheaded and dizzy. She had barely slept the night before, plagued by vivid nightmares of shadowy figures and flickering flames. She stumbled slightly, almost tripping over her feet as she made her way to her seat.

Team and Pharm looked at her with concern. "Ashlyn, are you okay?" Team asked, his brow furrowed.

Ashlyn nodded weakly, trying to force a smile. "I'm fine," she said, her voice barely above a whisper.

Pharm reached out to steady her, but Ashlyn pulled away, feeling suddenly nauseous. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, trying to steady herself.

But before she knew it, everything went black. She slumped forward in her chair, her head hitting the desk with a thud. Her classmates gasped in shock as Ashlyn's body went limp, her breathing shallow and erratic.

Pharm and Team rushed to Ashlyn's side. "ASHLYN," Pharm said, shaking her, "Team, help me get her to the hospital."

Win walked around the pool quietly and looked around. "Where's Pharm," he asked.

"Missing your boy toy already," Dean asked him.

Win looked to Dean, annoyed. "No, we have a meet soon, and he needs to be here practicing," he said, looking. Win's phone made a chiming noise as Dean smiled, shaking his head and looking away.

"That boy has you wrapped around his finger," Dean said smiling, "Look, he's texting saying he's not coming cause he's tired, and your giving in."

Win looked at his phone and then showed Dean the text. "Uh, not exactly," Win said.

Dean looked at the phone, reading the message. 'Pharm and I had to take Ashlyn to the hospital. We're taking her back to her dorm now, and then I will be to practice,' he read.

Dean pushed the phone into Win's chest and took off running.

"Do you even know where she lives," Win yelled to him, smiling.

Dean walked into the lobby of Ashlyn's apartment building as Pharm and Team walked out of the entrance. They stopped and looked at him. "P'Dean," Pharm said softly. Team looked at Dean carefully.

Dean nodded to the two of them. "Hey, guys. What happened with Ashlyn?"

Pharm shook his head. "She passed out in class. We took her to the hospital, but she insisted on returning here. We're going to keep an eye on her," he explained.

Dean's brow furrowed with concern. "Is she okay now?"

"We gave her some medicine to bring down her fever," Team said. "But she's still pretty weak."

"I see," Dean said, rubbing the back of his neck, "I'll keep an eye on her. You two can go on and head home. Well, Team, you can head to swim practice Win is waiting."

Both Pharm and Team nodded. "Let us know how she's doing," Pharm said, handing Dean the key to her apartment.

Dean nodded as both walked off and then headed to the elevator.
© Copyright 2023 Riley Panacera (rileysworld214 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2295979-My-Past-Life-Haunts-Me-Ch-7-Preview