*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2297733-Solitary
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Dark · #2297733
A girl trapped in the confinement of her own cell, and more importantly, her mind.
The air inside the small, dimly lit cell was stale and suffocating. The girl, named Myla, had been confined to solitary for what felt like an eternity. The relentless isolation had worn down her spirit, and her mind began to unravel with each passing day.

At first, Myla clung to the hope that her stay in solitary confinement would be brief. She reminded herself that she was innocent, wrongfully accused of a crime she did not commit. But as the days turned into weeks, and the weeks into months, the weight of solitude began to press upon her fragile psyche.

Myla’s only companions were the cold, stone walls that surrounded her. Their silence became deafening, and the lack of human contact gnawed at her sanity. The monotony of her existence amplified every creak of the rusted metal door, every drip from the leaky faucet, and every whisper of her own voice.

She tried to pass the time by retracing her memories, but even they began to warp and blur. Faces merged together, and events became tangled in a web of confusion. The boundaries between reality and imagination grew thin, and Myla no longer knew what was true and what was a figment of her deteriorating mind.

Nightmares plagued her sleepless nights. Dark figures lurked in the shadows, whispering malevolently. Emily would wake up in a cold sweat, her heart pounding, but there was no one to comfort her, no one to assure her that it was all just a dream. In solitary, there was no escape from the horrors that plagued her mind.

Time lost all meaning. Myla’s body withered away, her once vibrant spirit fading into a ghostly specter. She would spend hours staring at her reflection in the small, cracked mirror, wondering if she was staring at a stranger or a distorted version of herself.

The isolation had become a twisted labyrinth, and Myla was its helpless prisoner. She clung to the shreds of her sanity, desperately seeking any form of connection with the outside world. But as the days turned into months, her desperate pleas for human contact went unanswered.

In the end, Myla succumbed to the darkness that enveloped her. She had descended into a bottomless pit of madness, her fragile mind shattered beyond repair. The girl who once dreamed of a future filled with hope and possibilities was now a hollow shell, forever lost to the merciless confines of solitary confinement.

And as the door to her cell creaked open one last time, the outside world was greeted not by a girl, but by a haunting, tormented spirit—a chilling reminder of the devastating toll that isolation can take on the human psyche.
© Copyright 2023 HelloWorld (helloworld4660 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2297733-Solitary