*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2297750-Murder-on-My-Mind
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Dark · #2297750
A girl driven by rage gets revenge on the man who killed her parents.
The wind whispered through the trees, casting eerie shadows across the desolate street. The moon, hidden behind a thick blanket of clouds, offered only faint glimmers of light. In the midst of this darkness stood a small, isolated house, its windows glowing ominously. This was the home of Emily, a young girl of twelve, who had no idea that her life was about to take a terrifying turn.

Emily had returned from a friend's house earlier that evening, excited to share stories of adventure and laughter with her parents. But as she approached her front door, a strange sense of unease washed over her. The door creaked open with a haunting sound, as if welcoming her into a nightmare.

Reluctantly, Emily stepped inside, her heart pounding against her chest. The house was shrouded in an eerie silence that seemed to suffocate her. She called out for her parents, their names echoing through the empty rooms. No response came, only the chilling echo of her own voice.

Driven by a growing sense of dread, Emily ventured further into the house. As she reached the living room, she froze in horror. Her parents lay motionless on the floor, blood staining the carpet around them. Their lifeless eyes stared into the abyss, forever frozen in a haunting gaze.

Tears welled up in Emily's eyes as a mix of shock, fear, and confusion consumed her. She couldn't comprehend the horrifying scene before her. Her parents, the ones who had always protected her, had become victims of a cruel and senseless act.

A tremor coursed through her body as she glanced around the room, searching for answers or any sign of the perpetrator. But the intruder had vanished, leaving behind only a chilling void. Emily's mind raced with questions. Who would commit such a heinous crime? Why were her parents targeted? And most importantly, was the killer still lurking nearby?

Fear turned to determination as Emily's survival instinct kicked in. She fought through her tears and began to investigate, careful not to disturb any potential evidence. She called the police, her voice shaky as she relayed the gruesome scene that awaited them.

As she waited for help to arrive, the house seemed to transform into a labyrinth of dark secrets and whispered threats. Every creak of the floorboards, every gust of wind outside, heightened Emily's paranoia. The walls felt as if they were closing in on her, and the air grew heavy with an oppressive malevolence.

Hours passed before the police arrived, their flashing lights slicing through the darkness. Officers combed through the house, their footsteps echoing in the empty rooms. Questions were asked, statements were taken, but for Emily, the nightmare was far from over.

In the days that followed, Emily moved in with her aunt, a kind and nurturing woman who tried her best to provide comfort and support. But no amount of love could ease the nightmares that haunted Emily's sleep or the lingering trauma etched into her young mind.

Years went by, and Emily grew into a young woman still plagued by the memories of that fateful night. Determined to get revenge, she delved into her parents' murder investigation, poring over police reports, old photographs, and any scrap of information she could find.

She found him. After relentless searching, she the man that killed her family. She had brought a knife in case of dire emergency. Emily met the man on a dark evening, as if the sun was hiding in fear of what was to come.

She was baffled at how normal he seemed. That he could go on with life after ruining hers. Rage enveloped her as the night went on. Emily’s hand often gripped the pocket knife in the folds of her dress, prepared to hurt him like he hurt her.

It overpowered her. She took the opportunity when he was turned around. She gripped the knife, her heart pounding faster as she got closer. Adrenaline flowed through her body.

16 blows to the head. Emily stabbed him in the head, more guilty pleasure filling her body as she finally got revenge on the man that ruined her childhood, and her entire life.

She never felt so alive.



© Copyright 2023 HelloWorld (helloworld4660 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2297750-Murder-on-My-Mind