*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2297806-Global-Warming
Rated: E · Article · Contest Entry · #2297806
"The Forum Micro-Articles Contest" - Article 1 - June 2023
199 Words


         Disasters are happening all over the world. The atmosphere collects greenhouse gases. The planet warms up from global warming. Like a thickening blanket, it traps the sun's heat. Greenhouse gases and fossil fuels (natural oil, gasoline, and coal), become over-emitted. For humans and animals, this makes it unlivable. The industry was started in the 1700s. More fossil fuels from coal, oil, and gas, to run our cars, trucks, and factories, were emitted by humans.

         By saving gas, driving smarter cars can prevent global warming.

         The last 800,000 years brought more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. Four percent of the world's population is made up of Americans. Carbon dioxide pollution produces fossil fuel burning by twenty-five percent.

         Under the Clean Air Act, adopted in 1970, the Environmental Protection Act (EPA), is our bedrock air pollution law. They have the authority and responsibility to reduce pollution from electric power plants.

         Since 1870, global sea levels have risen about eight inches.

         Trees are flowering sooner, glaciers have shrunk, and the ice on rivers and lakes are breaking up earlier. This is because plant and animal ranges have shifted.

         Heat waves cause people with diabetes who are elderly or very young to die.

         Note* - These facts are from the DoSomething.org website. The words have been rearranged by me.


Written by Anna Marie Carlson
Sunday, June 11, 2023





© Copyright 2023 Anna Marie Carlson (annamc.poet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2297806-Global-Warming