*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2297828-What-An-Artist-Is
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Contest Entry · #2297828
"The Forum Micro-Articles Contest" - Article 2 - June 2023
198 Words


         What do artists do? A working artist is not all coffee shops and art galleries

         . What do artists do in real life? Usually connected to drugs and alcohol, television often portrays artists in coffee shops, sitting around having deep and meaningful conversations, having dramatic nervous breakdowns, or scanning about in interesting clothes at art galleries.

         On occasion, you'll indeed find artists doing these things. Mostly, they'll be where they need to be - in their studio making art.

         Human photocopiers are not what artists are. They make art to share their ideas and visions with others.

         Quite a bit of the time, artists observe the world around them. They ponder things, people, politics, nature, mathematics, science, religion, color, texture, contrast, and emotion.

         Some artists think in visual terms. They might do a painting that shows the beauty of the landscape, or the interesting face of a person. Exploring the formal qualities of the medium, some art shows the hardness of stone or the vibrancy of color.

         Art expresses emotion from joy, love, anger, and despair.

         These interpretations require thought. Seeing an artist sitting in a comfy chair, gazing into space, isn't necessarily loafing. They might be working.

         *Note: This is from the liveabout.com website.
         Rearranged by my words.


         Written by Anna Marie Carlson
         Tuesday, June 13, 2023










© Copyright 2023 Anna Marie Carlson (annamc.poet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2297828-What-An-Artist-Is